Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aloysius's Back 3

I used to be a big fan of Eriksen but a part of me has been disappointed with how he has developed.

He is a world class player but only just about for me - I don't see how he could be as good as Hazard, Modric or Kroos in terms of ex or future Madrid players.

A good player but really depends on the cost to bring him to a club. Seems more a Juventus type player than a Madrid player.

Amazing that we've won the EL and FA cup. I'm sure those are the prizes Eriksen will be wanting to fight for. Especially since we'll be in the EL again next season. Spurs will be in the CL by the way.

Anyway, here's something for you to think about. Eriksen's first season for Spurs was 13/14. Since then their highest finish was second. Same as ours. Their lowest was 6th, ours 7th and we finished 6th twice. They've done better in the PL than we have.

Spurs: 6,5,3,2,3,4
United: 7,4,5,6,2,6

Spurs avg league finish since 13/14: 4.3
United avg league finish since 13/14: 5.0
I’d imagine any Spurs player or fan would love to win the FA Cup.

If finishing 0.7 of a league position higher on average over 6 years with zero silverware compared to two pieces of silverware is what counts as ”overperforming us for years” then I’ve absolutely no response to that, especially considering our current squad outperformed their current squad just last season. (Ole actually beat Poch in the league this season by 8 points)

Should we also ignore that United are big spenders and constantly try to improve their squad whereas Spurs spend nothing and are likely to lose more quality than they gain. We’ll also ignore the lure of playing in the biggest stadium in the country for the most supported club in the World.

I’ll stick with my original response, it’s laughable to think a Spurs player wouldn’t want to join United. What isn’t laughable is that said Spurs player is likely to have more attractive options than United at this time.

Better in here @ArjenIsM3 & @ForestRGoinUp

Last edited:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Off to Madrid to replace Modric? That would seem probable.

Lo Celso going to replace?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
About time the wheels truly fell off the Spurs bus. If Poch stays he's gonna have a real test.

But he's not even played a full season at Spurs' new stadium. Surely that should be enough to tempt him to stay???
:lol:

Craig Ward

Madrid seem to have other targets in Hazard and Pogba, as well as other areas of the team.

Juve seem to be well stacked in midfield.

We are just frankly, a level behind spurs footballing wise

Where would he go?

I don't think he suits Barca (or is that good in truth, if Coutinho struggles there Eriksen certainly will)

What about Bayern? Or PSG?

If he's staying in the Prem, surely only Liverpool/City would be of interest to him? I don't think he gets into either team though

Erkisen to us - sounds good on paper I just don't think it's realistic.

I think transfers will drag on, Levy will negotiate hard and he'll end up staying

ArjenIsM3

I’d imagine any Spurs player or fan would love to win the FA Cup.

If finishing 0.7 of a league position higher on average over 6 years with zero silverware compared to two pieces of silverware is what counts as ”overperforming us for years” then I’ve absolutely no response to that, especially considering our current squad outperformed their current squad just last season. (Ole actually beat Poch in the league this season by 8 points)

Should we also ignore that United are big spenders and constantly try to improve their squad whereas Spurs spend nothing and are likely to lose more quality than they gain. We’ll also ignore the lure of playing in the biggest stadium in the country for the most supported club in the World.

I’ll stick with my original response, it’s laughable to think a Spurs player wouldn’t want to join United. What isn’t laughable is that said Spurs player is likely to have more attractive options than United at this time.

Better in here @ArjenIsM3 & @ForestRGoinUp
Seriously? You actually changed the numbers in my quote from 3.8 to 4.3 to fit your narrative? Wow. It's actually a 1.2 (ok 1.166 to be exact) difference per season, not 0.7. Those are numbers from 6 seasons and you counter with favourable numbers over half a season. Though I have always supported Ole and have always told everyone on here we should be patient and supportive it still remains to be seen how good he really is.

Who's ignoring that we are big spenders? I actually said yeah we have more money. I also said we have better and more supporters. Our stadium might be the biggest and with a tonne of history behind it but theirs is brand new. Not every player is a history lover.

It's obvious we are a bigger club but that doesn't necessarily make it laughable that he wouldn't want to join. And half of the point I was trying to make was about United not being the most attractive option at this time which is something you apparently agree on.

cyberman

Madrid seem to have other targets in Hazard and Pogba, as well as other areas of the team.

Where would he go?

I don't think he suits Barca (or is that good in truth, if Coutinho struggles there Eriksen certainly will)

If he's staying in the Prem, surely only Liverpool/City would be of interest to him? I don't think he gets into either team though

I think transfers will drag on, Levy will negotiate hard and he'll end up staying
Balls. Spurs have been ordinary this year that would have been more exposed if not for their stars aligning cup journey.
More excuses have been made for Spurs dour games last season than our own on here.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
About time the wheels truly fell off the Spurs bus. If Poch stays he's gonna have a real test.

:lol:
It's a blow to lose him but a lot will depend on the quality of player we are able to bring in to replace him - we will need a replacement AND a quality central midfielder. Time will tell if we can get the necessary signings.

Smores

People thinking he'd actually come to us, mental :lol:

He's obviously right to move, he's at his peak and needs some trophies against his name.

mav_9me

Where would he go?

Huh? He absolutely is going to be first choice and a diff maker if goes there. CM is their area of weakness.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I want Lo Celso if Eriksen goes.
I'd never heard of Lo Celso until we were linked to him a few weeks back - now after watching numerous videos of him I have him down as a total world beater that I'd be gutted if we don't get. In reality have still no clue how good he is but right now I just want a signing, please god.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's a blow to lose him but a lot will depend on the quality of player we are able to bring in to replace him - we will need a replacement AND a quality central midfielder. Time will tell if we can get the necessary signings.
I don't know enough about Lo Celso, but if you manage to pull in Ndombele and Lo Celso with Eriksen leaving then i'd argue you're better off anyway. Naturally you'd have to pay more wages and more transfer fees to get both in but it'd be an impressive upgrade in midfield imo.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I don't know enough about Lo Celso, but if you manage to pull in Ndombele and Lo Celso with Eriksen leaving then i'd argue you're better off anyway. Naturally you'd have to pay more wages and more transfer fees to get both in but it'd be an impressive upgrade in midfield imo.

NDombele looks a real talent and from the little I've seen of Lo Celso he also looks very good so yeah IF we somehow manage to get both of them and lose Eriksen I'd be more than content with that. We would potentially be a better team.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I'd never heard of Lo Celso until we were linked to him a few weeks back - now after watching numerous videos of him I have him down as a total world beater that I'd be gutted if we don't get. In reality have still no clue how good he is but right now I just want a signing, please god.
I watched 3 games with him involved last season and was impressed in every single one, and all the highlight videos (alright, this is a horrible way to judge a player) make him look like exactly what we miss: a player with that magical ability to go past others like they're not there and unlock space. He's technically superb.

Maybe might struggle to adapt to the prem at first, but I'd love for us to at least have a punt because the upside is huge.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I don't think he is good enough personally - good player but not good enough for what we need right now.
Agreed. I like Maddison but would prefer a move for Lo Celso.

I think Maddison would be good enough for us, but Lo Celso could potentially be an absolute game changer for a similar fee. Also more chance of failure I think (if he can't adapt to the different culture) but I'd like to take those risks.

goin4glory

It would explain why Spurs have been making bids for Lo Celso. They expect Eriksen to leave and planning accordingly. He'd be very welcome in our CM.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
There's a chance you could actually improve if the money is spent on two players and they're both a success. Hopefully flops though, and one or two others leaving :p

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
There's a chance you could actually improve if the money is spent on two players and they're both a success. Hopefully flops though, and one or two others leaving :p
Yeah always a risk with every signing they could flop. I think we will see a number of players leave Spurs this summer - if I had to guess I'd go with Eriksen, Wanyama, Dier, Trippier, (Jansen, Njie - who cares) and Toby A. Could be quite a different team next season.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah always a risk with every signing they could flop. I think we will see a number of players leave Spurs this summer - if I had to guess I'd go with Eriksen, Wanyama, Dier, Trippier, (Jansen, Njie - who cares) and Toby A. Could be quite a different team next season.
Interesting times for you. Could go bad or could end up mounting a challenge with a bit of luck on your side.

Fer

Would you prefer Eriksen as Pogba replacement instead of Fernandes, Havertz or Maddison?

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
This has been on the cards for a long time. Eriksen not signing any new contract was pretty telling. I doubt Levy would sell to a rival PL side so RM it is. Deal probably been in the works since last year, just sorting out price.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Would you prefer Eriksen as Pogba replacement instead of Fernandes, Havertz or Maddison?
Nope. I don't think he's that good, and I'm glad we're not going to sign him. Not that I want Fernandes either, but the other two would be much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.