Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Well you're aware he nearly died so they've probably thorough about it.
I dont think it can be done in a day privately. What does privately mean anyway?
And it hasnt been 2 weeks of medicals, its 2 weeks since he decided to come to United, medicals were few days after that.

Maybe we're waiting other deal so we can announce both, who knows.
Daft question - of course I'm aware. But I'm guessing he has had some sort of medical and sign off to return to football anyway, probably by a top consultant.

Privately as in not NHS, before people made jokes about hospital appointments :lol:

I don't see why we would delay announcing a deal when ETH wants him on tour asap.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
@pocco

This was yesterday and he’s Tier One;

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"> Christian Eriksen expected to join the Australia tour once the final details of his move are sorted <a href="https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@lauriewhitwell</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/TheAthleticUK?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@TheAthleticUK</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MUFC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#MUFC</a> ✍</p>&mdash; UtdPlug (@UtdPlug) <a href="">July 12, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Ok, fair enough. So I'm guessing he probably agreed to an outline deal and the finer points are now being discussed and contracts written up etc.

TheReligion

Abusive
Ok, fair enough. So I'm guessing he probably agreed to an outline deal and the finer points are now being discussed and contracts written up etc.
I’m not sure why it’s taking as long as it is but it doesn’t look in doubt.

I think we’d have heard something if so.

Xanther

I'm imagining how he would have fared if he was in the mix today and let me tell you - he was brilliant.

Some great one-touch passing with Bruno and Martial. Found Sancho in space on numerous occasions and pressed from the front for the entire half hour he was on the pitch.

Great signing.
Maybe ease off on the day-dreaming, bro

Last edited:

Real Name

Daft question - of course I'm aware. But I'm guessing he has had some sort of medical and sign off to return to football anyway, probably by a top consultant.

Privately as in not NHS, before people made jokes about hospital appointments :lol:

I don't see why we would delay announcing a deal when ETH wants him on tour asap.
Ah, private clinic you mean. Got it.

If he returned to football based on medical at Brentford that doesnt mean United shouldnt do a medical of their own and be thorough about it.

IrishRedDevil

Remember the geese

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Will likely be announced with the Away kit?
We missed a massive commercial trick with the home kit.

Thaumaste

Wouldn't following imply that it's been done otherwise he should use "after" and "a medical is completed"?

@grammar experts
No, in this instance following (using the gerund without an auxiliary verb) becomes just a synonym for 'after', and completion is a noun so doesn't place itself in time without a verb.

What does make things ambiguous is the use of the present tense 'is set to sign' rather than the future tense ('will sign'), but since 'is set to' only suggests a state of readiness, not a state of certain action, it doesn't clarify anything at all.

Basically, it's worded for deliberate ambiguity, but grammatically it does not state that the medical has definitely been completed. (It doesn't state it hasn't been completed either.)

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
No, in this instance following (using the gerund without an auxiliary verb) becomes just a synonym for 'after', and completion is a noun so doesn't place itself in time without a verb.

What does make things ambiguous is the use of the present tense 'is set to sign' rather than the future tense ('will sign'), but since 'is set to' only suggests a state of readiness, not a state of certain action, it doesn't clarify anything at all.

Basically, it's worded for deliberate ambiguity, but grammatically it does not state that the medical has definitely been completed. (It doesn't state it hasn't been completed either.)
Are you suggesting that journalists/ITKs/social media tap in merchants are using clickbait tactics?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

10 points to Gryffindor

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

:lol: Love it.

Amadevs

Supports
United
It's Wednesday noon, so I assume there really is something rotten in the state of Denmark.
This is getting cold now.
Nine days has passed since the "verbal agreement". Nine!
There is absolutely no legally or medicine stuff that can take so much time.
I think that Eriksen has got some hesitation - maybe some other club made him a proposal meantime and he is dragging this out.
Time to get him to the bloody hospital with force if needed!
Or if these legendary medicals has passed - sign the fckin contract!

Whatsername

2 weeks for medicals though? I bet they could be done in a day privately. Who has reported that he's undertaking medicals and when did they say it?
We’re probably doing it the cheap way and getting them done on the NHS :lol:
He should get an appointment date for a pre-medical consultation sometime within the next two years.

I Am Zlatan

I hope this gets wrapped up soon, we really need the new additions on the preseason tour.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
VDB is shit. And FDJ may not come.

Eriksen will play a lot with Bruno.
If everything goes according to plan then u doubt it. I think that Eriksen will provide a calming effect as opposed to bruno directness . We seem to forget that eriksen is a 30 year old player who never excelled at a top club and who has cardiac issues. I doubt we will play him week in week out

Status
Not open for further replies.