Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
I'd take him for the reasons many have already mentioned but if he does leave Brentford (which I don't think is a given) I reckon it'll be to Spurs. Having said that Conte didn't always pick him at Inter towards the end did he?
Was actually the other way around, he forced his way into the team by the end but it took a while until Conte trusted him. I'm not sure just how much Conte wants him now though but I'd love to have him back.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
We need players who are better with the ball than we currently have, and we need a lot of them.

Here is one on a free who has just transformed a sides fortunes with his performances over the last 5 months, and some fans are baulking at it.

We arguably need a CB, an RB, two CMs, a quality attacking forward (especially if Martial goes) and another option at CF. We need better footballers in the squad and we can’t buy them all.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Very poor comments given his condition

You should be ashamed!
Took me a while to realize what this was referring to. At first I thought you were joking about Eriksen having to suffer playing for Liverpool.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I really like Eriksen. He'd be a great addition to the squad.
Bruno, Eriksen, VdB, Fred, McT & hopefully FdJ

Considering we've lost Pogba, Mata & Lingard we need a few to make up numbers. He has a lot of quality and experience, so I'd see him as a massive upgrade on both Mata and Lingard.

city-puma

Eriksen would be a brilliant signing. A player like him who relies more on his mental and technical attributes rather than physicality can easily play at the top level until his mid-30s. Look at Scholes, Modric, etc. for instance.
And Giggs, remember his midfield partner that time?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Would people be happy with this front 6? Lot of creativity in that team. I expect the right back to become inverted full back to allow VDB making forward run.

Ronaldo
Bruno ---------------------------- Sancho
Eriksen ---- FDJ -------- VDB
----------- Back Four -----------
------------ Keeper -----------​

kode

This would be a good possession-based team, its a team tha has the potential to play good football. however i kinda worry about the lack of pace in the attacking area and also think it may be a soft team ala Arsenal.

Bojan Djordjic

Would people be happy with this front 6? Lot of creativity in that team. I expect the right back to become inverted full back to allow VDB making forward run.

Ronaldo
No offence but not at all. There's virtually no pace up top or in the team at all. I would be seriously underwhelmed if this is how we went into the new season. It just lacks any dynamism. That left forward position really suited Pogba but I don't think it suits Bruno at all.

Xanther

Ronaldo
No. There's no defensive power in that front 6, whatsoever. Frenkie to my knowledge is not the actually defensive type of DM, he's the Pirlo type.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No offence but not at all. There's virtually no pace up top or in the team at all. I would be seriously underwhelmed if this is how we went into the new season. It just lacks any dynamism. That left forward position really suited Pogba but I don't think it suits Bruno at all.
Would you say Tadic is quicker than Bruno, Haller is quicker than Ronaldo, while Antony is quicker than Sancho?

Tavern in the town

Ronaldo
How about some pace!

Mainoldo

Ronaldo
Not enough pace up top. Otherwise cool.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Who said it wouldn’t? It wouldn’t win with the quality of player he had at Ajax but you’d imagine we’d be able to sign far better players than fecking Tadic and Haller.
When I posted tadic, Haller, and Antony, I didn’t ask you if we can win the league and achieve top 4 with them. :lol:

I’m showing you that ten Hag system doesn’t rely on pacey attackers because those three are not quicker than Bruno, Ronaldo and Sancho.

So let’s back to the original question, does ten hag system rely on pacey attackers? May be some Ajax fans can confirm this?

Tavern in the town

When I posted tadic, Haller, and Antony, I didn’t ask you if we can win the league and achieve top 4 with them. :lol:

I’m showing you that ten Hag system doesn’t rely on pacey attackers because those three are not quicker than Bruno, Ronaldo and Sancho.

So let’s back to the original question, does ten hag system rely on pacey attackers? May be some Ajax fans can confirm this?
The question as to if it will win the league is highly relevant. It doesn’t matter if they scored loads of goals in Holland. The point is you need fast attackers in the Premier League, regardless of the “system”.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The question as to if it will win the league is highly relevant. It doesn’t matter if they scored loads of goals in Holland. The point is you need fast attackers in the Premier League, regardless of the “system”.
Well, I don’t expect us to win the league in his first season so that question you suggested is highly irrelevant to the line-up I posted. Although, I did ask whether his system that doesn’t seem to rely on pacey attackers would win the league / achieve top 4 or no. And that’s why I also asked similar question of why are we hiring ten Hag if his system wouldn’t fit in PL?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

I'll ask you a couple of questions.

Do you think pace is important?
Can you give me an example of a top team (major league challenging and CL ambitions) that doesn't have considerable pace in the front areas?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'll ask you a couple of questions.

Do you think pace is important?
Can you give me an example of a top team (major league challenging and CL ambitions) that doesn't have considerable pace in the front areas?
Pace is important for centre back to have to play high line. For attackers, It depends on the system for example for counter attack system, pace is very important on the attackers but I believe in football off ball movement/positioning, decision making, and work rate are more important than pace. Those three are what I consider as important. Team can play quick football without pacey attackers but relies on quick passing, link up play, and off ball movement (Watch below). Of course if the attackers are as slow as Maguire and Blind then that’s different story but none of Ronaldo, Bruno, and Sancho are as slow as snail Maguire and blind.

Bubz27

Pace is important for centre back to have to play high line. For attackers, It depends on the system for example for counter attack system, pace is very important on the attackers but I believe in football off ball movement/positioning, decision making, and work rate are more important than pace. Those three are what I consider as important. Team can play quick football without pacey attackers but relies on quick passing, link up play, and off ball movement (Watch below).

I do agree with you, you don't want pace for the sake of it. Otherwise Adama Traore would be a world beater. And it's most definitely possible to play quick football without quick players.

But can you think of one top level team who doesn't have quick players in their front line?

Zapata

I’d love him to join, he has been class at brentford

Tavern in the town

I do agree with you, you don't want pace for the sake of it. Otherwise Adama Traore would be a world beater. And it's most definitely possible to play quick football without quick players.

But can you think of one top level team who doesn't have quick players in their front line?
He can’t because there aren’t any. Pace has always been the name of the game. The closest example there is of a top team without fast attackers is the current version of City. And even then they have Sterling and Foden (who’s lightning quick but people don’t really see it because he’s also silky smooth.)

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Ajax 18/19 that defeated Juventus and Real Madrid. It’s not like we don’t have options on the bench if we need some like Elanga and Rashford for plan B right?

Bubz27

Ajax 18/19 that defeated Juventus and Real Madrid. It’s not like we don’t have options on the bench if we need some like Elanga and Rashford for plan B right?

Come on man. One team from 3 years ago? And I said major league challenging and CL ambitions. I don't have to clarify further than that, do I? Leipzig got a CL semi recently, that doesn't make them a CL challenging team.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Up there

He can’t because there aren’t any. Pace has always been the name of the game. The closest example there is of a top team without fast attackers is the current version of City. And even then they have Sterling and Foden (who’s lightning quick but people don’t really see it because he’s also silky smooth.)

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Come on man. One team from 3 years ago? And I said major league challenging and CL ambitions. I don't have to clarify further than that, do I? Leipzig got a CL semi recently, that doesn't make them a CL challenging team.
And that one team was managed by ten Hag which our manager now and he hasn’t change his style of play and system since then. It’s about the system. If we need pace, elanga and Rashford would be available on the bench as his plan B (for one of the example case if he needs a goal and he plays vs team that insisted to play very high line even when they are taking a lead). Our manager is not Leipzig manager.

Bubz27

And that one team was managed by ten Hag which our manager now and he hasn’t change his style of play and system since then. It’s about the system. If we need pace, elanga and Rashford would be available on the bench as his plan B (for one of the example case if he needs a goal and he plays vs team that insisted to play very high line even when they are taking a lead). Our manager is not Leipzig manager.
Would you agree that it would be better to have players that can play that quick football and are quick themselves too?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Would you agree that it would be better to have players that can play that quick football and are quick themselves too?
Of course I agree with that. Not like Ronaldo would be here forever, we could still sign a new striker with pace to replace him in 2023. But doesn’t mean we need it this season if ten Hag can play his system without pacey attackers because my line-up was referring to this upcoming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.