Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez7

Edit - as per Twitter comments - this is old info being recycled.

Last edited:

WPMUFC

if its not "talksport sources" then it's basically Tier 5 garbage that ehsanul knows will get people riled up for no reason.

So many posters get banned for less than what he does. Boggles the mind.

Redcy

Your post history is tragic. Just a constant stream of negativity.
Do have to wonder why some people still support us, or at the v least why they come on to the internet, if doing something makes you this unhappy you really should stop. You are being mentally abusive to yourself at this point.

cyberman

He didn't say they couldn't, he's talking about optics.
He’s saying every penny should go back in the club, he didn’t say anything about optics? It’s a nonsense point either way. If anything we should have been taking more money out of the transfer budget over the last decade and tried acting like a proper football club. Gary will be the first to cry about how much we spent if we threw everything into transfer budgets and continued to overpay.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
I think Eriksen will displace Bruno if we buy him,so he will be a important signing for ETH.So thats why we need to convince him to join us.

WPMUFC

Ban hammer has to be swinging soon surely
These BS posts go all the way back to when they continually spammed some random Instagram model trying to stalk Pogba on holiday before he signed and tried to act ITK for Madrid fans. It's STILL happening.

The Urban Goose

Why would he want to come here to be a bench option while under huge pressure and scrutiny. After his heart incident he’s probably very happy at Brentford enjoying football with no pressure. He’s 30, he’s well paid, he probably knows his days of title etc. ambitions are behind him. Good for him.

Coxy

Why would he want to come here to be a bench option while under huge pressure and scrutiny. After his heart incident he’s probably very happy at Brentford enjoying football with no pressure. He’s 30, he’s well paid, he probably knows his days of title etc. ambitions are behind him. Good for him.
Blimey he’s 30 - not 35

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
He’s saying every penny should go back in the club, he didn’t say anything about optics? It’s a nonsense point either way. If anything we should have been taking more money out of the transfer budget over the last decade and tried acting like a proper football club. Gary will be the first to cry about how much we spent if we threw everything into transfer budgets and continued to overpay.
He said it's demoralising, so it's not an accountancy issue is how I took it.

Bondi77

So you believe this like gospel and don't believe Ornstein when he said we made an offer?
I believe that him being 30 years old and a free agent that if we made a proposal to him he would have accepted it as it would be the highest he would receive.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm sure he's turned us down five times already in the past couple of weeks. Tomorrow it'll be back on again probably.
Yeah, this deal is on and off more than the rugby team who like to visit Cina's mum on Sundays.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I believe that him being 30 years old and a free agent that if we made a proposal to him he would have accepted it as it would be the highest he would receive.
This is taking all of the context out of the situation.

He was close to losing his life on the pitch, and all of his family is in London and there's a strong Danish connection at Brentford. In this situation, surely you're able to understand why he's rejecting a move to Manchester.

phelans shorts

Why do people keep spouting this stuff

There’s more to life than football and Eriksen in particular has every reason to feel that stronger than other players. That’s not to say this is definitely going one way or another, but there are numerous very good reasons for him to stay at Brentford.

Bondi77

This is taking all of the context out of the situation.

He was close to losing his life on the pitch, and all of his family is in London and there's a strong Danish connection at Brentford. In this situation, surely you're able to understand why he's rejecting a move to Manchester.
Not really and if that is the case about him wanting to stay there I am sure the people at Utd would have been aware of it so an offer would not have even been made.
I wish him all the best in whatever he wants to do by the way as I have always liked him as a player.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

The state of the club now,turning down for Brentford.
I could never continue to live such a negative life. United clearly aren’t for you - go find your peace.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
For what? He's reporting what's out there. We haven't signed anyone so how can he make "positive" tweets.
Check his post history. He’s never posted a single positive thing and posts almost everything negative. Clearly on the wind up

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Very technical player and would be great to see him at Old Trafford. However, if the rumours are correct and he's decided to stay in London it's understandable with what he's been through. If anything he's understandably taking the easy route and it's no reflection on United where he would be under greater pressure and spotlight. The press's narrative will obviously be to focus on our demise than the personal circumstances of Erikson.

If under normal circumstances had Erikson chosen Brentford over United I would have questioned his mentality.

TheDosser56

Why would you choose to serve rubbish players like Ivan Toney at Plucky Brentford instead of training and playing with GOAT Ronaldo in an exciting new project with Ten Hag? :rolleyes:

Just bizarre as a football decision. I get Brentford gave him a chance but so did Ten Hag before Brentford by letting the player train with Ajax. Where's his loyalty to Ten Hag?!

Choosing to stay at Plucky Brentford because of London is not "an acceptable" decision at all. It's not a million miles away from Manchester

Eriksen's loss and he just missed the train, the train won't come again. Obviously he isn't a serious footballer anymore and just wants the London media love-in and adulation he's getting at Plucky Brentford every-week (which we know the ABU media and opposition fans clapping him at corner kicks etc wouldn't give him the same treatment as a Manchester United player)

Last edited:

userman

why would Eriksen be a back up for de jong? Totally different players
Yes different players. I'm not saying that they compare 1:1 as players or in playing styles, but I'd imagine that they can still do somewhat similar jobs if the rest of the team and tactics are adapted to it. Hence, I do believe that Eriksen is only a plan b in case we don't sign De Jong.
If we were to sign both of them Eriksen would, in my opinion, be a backup for both De Jong and Bruno in competition with the rest of our midfielders.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Why would you choose to serve rubbish players like Ivan Toney at Plucky Brentford instead of training and playing with GOAT Ronaldo in an exciting new project with Ten Hag? :rolleyes:

Just bizarre as a football decision. I get Brentford gave him a chance but so did Ten Hag before Brentford by letting the player train with Ajax. Where's his loyalty to Ten Hag?!

Choosing to stay at Plucky Brentford because of London is not "an acceptable" decision at all. It's not a million miles away from Manchester

Eriksen's loss. Obviously he isn't a serious footballer anymore and just wants the media love-in he's getting at Plucky Brentford every-week.
He had a heart problem that meant he had to prove he could even play football again by moving his family to London, where they lived for 7 years, and signing for a lowly Premier League club. He’s now north of 30 and having to manage a heart defect that nearly killed him.

Maybe in this specific case you can see why he wouldn’t be as keen on relocating his family north and having to play under the biggest spotlight in world football with extremely demanding fans and manager.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The amount of people who have been on here well over a decade who seemingly just remain here to negative troll is astounding.
It must honestly be so tiring. How can you be so cynical all the time?

Pickle85

Yeah, this deal is on and off more than the rugby team who like to visit Cina's mum on Sundays.
What happened to that guy, does he still post? I lurked the caf for YEARS before getting involved and he always struck me as a good poster.

phelans shorts

Eriksen's loss and he just missed the train, the train won't come again. Obviously he isn't a serious footballer anymore and just wants the London media love-in and adulation he's getting at Plucky Brentford every-week (which we know the ABU media and opposition fans clapping him at corner kicks etc wouldn't give him the same treatment as a Manchester United player)
imagine declaring another human beings decision about what he does with his and his families life as “NOT ACCEPTABLE”, how the feck does it effect you?

dove

imagine declaring another human beings decision about what he does with his and his families life as “NOT ACCEPTABLE”, how the feck does it effect you?
Eriksen should be ashamed. So selfish, making a decision that is best for him and not doing what @TheDosser56 on RedCafe thinks he should do, outrageous :mad: Many people here will look like fools once Eriksen joins us.

Status
Not open for further replies.