Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
" Christian is creative and with players who can and will attack the space " :drool:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think it will be one of these 2 personally (with positions potentially changing in game with subs):

Eriksen FDJ

Sancho Bruno Rashford

Martial/new St

OR

Eriksen FDJ

Sancho VDB Rashford

Bruno
Nah can't see it. Eriksen and Frenkie will be part of the 3, but there will be a more defensive/stronger tackler in there with them. My guess is McTominay tbh.

Frenkie McTominay Eriksen
Shaw/malacia Martinez Varane/Maguire Dalot
DDG​

So you have people comfortable, creative and secure in possession in every position barring McTominay who is fine to keep it simple and give it to the more talented 2. Then the front 3 we'll need to find a balance of creation, directness, shooting between Sancho, Bruno, Rashford and Martial basically. Hugely improved build up combining the players and coaching, but still have the defensive balance. The biggest concern for me is getting that scorer, and we rely on martial and Rashford to get it together like 2 years ago.

dutchred

I hope we sign De Jong and that Eriksen partners him. I would like to see ten Hag attempt to re-create his Ajax midfield of Schöne, De Jong and Van de Beek. Perhaps in the bigger games it can be tinkered with, but I think it would work a treat.
I think that vd Beek will take the Schone role with Eriksen more forward and Bruno in Tadic ( false 9) role

Adamsk7

I honestly think we are going to see Bruno in the false 9, interchanging with Donny and Eriksen. Then we'll have wide forwards either side and full backs bombing on. For those that think Malacia is here as back up to Shaw, I wouldn't be so sure. Obviously I would be worried about the lack of finishing quality there but we might have to try to make something like that work in the mean time until a proper striker is available

Gazza

The punctuation in this thread title edit is annoying. It makes it seem like some person called Verbally agreed to join United is saying the word "Ornstein"

Wolfbot

Half the folk on this forum are unreal sometimes.. we were moaning every week about having players in midfield that couldn't pass the ball, club goes and signs a player on a free who's major strength is his passing and they complain about him.

I'm really looking forward seeing him play, great technician, top player.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Half the folk on this forum are unreal sometimes.. we were moaning every week about having players in midfield that couldn't pass the ball, club goes and signs a player on a free who's major strength is his passing and they complain about him.

I'm really looking forward seeing him play, great technician, top player.
There's a criminal lack of context in a lot of redcafe poster's heads.

I think they believe there's 1billion or so to spend and can't understand why we're not just pressing "Bid" on 100m for 8 or 9 players, and then get them within days as if it's some souped up game of championship manager

Eriksen on a free is so not our style of business, it sounds too wise!

NewYorkRed

He’s been one of my fav non-Utd EPL players for quite some time. 30 isn’t a bad age either. If his health issues are truly behind him then this will end up being an incredible signing.

SoCross

Yes. It's just that we generally use the suffix with an 'e' in Denmark, whereas the other Nordic countries generally uses 'o'.
This is correct, although Christian's dad isn't named Erik - in this case, the surname was originally as you said but has turned into a "normal" surname by Western standards which is simply the same surname as your parent(s). Christian is the son of Thomas and Dorte Eriksen.
The nepotism at this club!
:D

Welcome aboard Erik’son! Shrewd signing, adds quality and another body into midfield.

lex talionis

A superb acquisition. The player buying/selling team still gave a lot of work to do over the next few days, but a tip of the hat is appropriate for the moment.

Mercurial

Finally a maestro signing, how I have longed, hopefully FDJ also and we are set.

Rojofiam

As an 8 he can. I get that AM might be his best position but he can easily play as an 8 and a good manager will get him playing that role to a good level.
Let's see what happens. I don't see him getting significantly more game time than under Ole / Rangnick.

Dazzmondo

Suggestions Chelsea decided against Eriksen who was asking for £200k per week. I want to believe Utd haven't done something stupid here. Hopefully it's £150k max.

Man-United

Chelsea rejected after Eriksen's demands: £200k/week + £10m signing-on fee - from the telegraph

Hope it's not true. Hope we didn't do it. Again and again.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Suggestions Chelsea decided against Eriksen who was asking for £200k per week. I want to believe Utd haven't done something stupid here. Hopefully it's £150k max.
Chelsea rejected after Eriksen's demands: £200k/week + £10m signing-on fee - from the telegraph

Hope it's not true. Hope we didn't do it. Again and again.
What's the problem? It's not like we're going to try and sell him after two years.

Wheato

Another signing 8 years to late. This fecking club :(
He's only 30. And was like a Rolls Royce playing for Brentford, last season. He is excellent in possession. Can spray accurate balls all over the pitch. His running stats were super impressive. Way better than any of our midfield, last season. Scores goals, creates assists and takes free kicks and corners. Getting a quality player like this on a free is good business. He may be a year older than Pogba, but in terms of attitude, he will be like a breath of fresh air.

Blood Mage

So ETH is planning to use him as a DLP like Schone at Ajax then? Not sure that can work in the PL but we'll see.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Let's see what happens. I don't see him getting significantly more game time than under Ole / Rangnick.
Maybe but at this moment in time we don’t have any other options and can’t keep going to Fred and mctominay. Ten Hag and him had a great relationship so I’d imagine he’ll try and fit him in somewhere.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
He's only 30. And was like a Rolls Royce playing for Brentford, last season. He is excellent in possession. Can spray accurate balls all over the pitch. His running stats were super impressive. Way better than any of our midfield, last season. Scores goals, creates assists and takes free kicks and corners. Getting a quality player like this on a free is good business. He may be a year older than Pogba, but in terms of attitude, he will be like a breath of fresh air.
He's also closer in style to Paul Scholes than anyone we've had in... well, since Scholesy retired

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
This guy does not rely on speed. No reason he can't be as good at 33 as he is now.

Really like this player, and always have.

Status
Not open for further replies.