Christian Eriksen

DeGea

Contract talks have stalled. I honestly think we should go for him now. Consistently excellent over the last 5 years.

His stats for the league in the last 3 years are as follows:

2017/2018- Played 37, Scored 10, Assists 10
2016/2017- Played 36, Scored 8, Assists 15
2015/2016- Played 35, Scored 6, Assists 13

He was not booked in the league in the last 2 seasons. So far this season he has played 18, scored 4 and already assisted 7 in the league.

I love Mata as he is a genuinely nice guy and looks like he has his heart in the right place but Eriksen is a quality above, with all due respect to Juan. We also need cover for Pogba in the number 10 role should he get injured. I think Eriksen will be interested to sign for us and hopefully the Scandinavian connection we have currently with OGS will work in our favour.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I think anyone here would take him in a heartbeat. He's quality.

Where would he fit in? With a DM (Matic) and Pogba in a midfield 3? (sort of KdB - Silva like at City?)

Not too keen on Eriksen playing out on the right, though he'd be an upgrade over Lingard and Mata there.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He's a Barca fan isn't he? I'm sure if his contract is low, meaning he'll be cheap, they'll be sniffing around.

Skills

Snitch
I'd love a midfield of Pogba and Eriksen with Matic or Herrera behind. Sounds mouth watering.

He's got a lovely cross on him too so he'd find himself drifting wide right into the channels like De Bruyne.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Oh wow, he's still only 26 (27 next month). I thought he was closer to 30.

Skills

Snitch
The fact that he was allowed to go to Spurs for just 12m was a major cock up. He was highly rated and it was obvious he was going to be a star.

What a steal.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
You aren’t getting him, we are. Eriksen in a midfield trio feeding Salah, Mane and Firmino:drool:

podurban2

Genuinly nice guy off the pitch too. I helped him once with dinner reservations when I worked as a concierge here in Stockholm. Him and his girlfriend were very friendly people.

He's an excellent player, but we have bigger priorities. Centre back, right back, right winger are all more important - and we need to buy excellent players in those positions, and it won't be cheaper. I'm not too sure how he would fit in with Pogba either.

Canagel

Good player but we have bigger priorities. I'm not worried about midfield atm. Pogba, Herrera, Matic, Fred, Andreas is very good collection - possibly if we can get a young deep lying playmaker to take over from Matic we should enter the market. But we have to buy a RB, CB, RW and cover for LB first before the midfield.

Inter Yer Nan

He's one of the players I most want to sign. Imagine him and Pogba in a midfield with Herrera or Matic doing the dogs work? We'd have so much control on more games and an extra genius creator. Players like him are key when you're playing multiple games because you can play games at your own pace more often than not. Would love him and Toby for a combined 100m.

Jeffthered

Good player but we have bigger priorities. I'm not worried about midfield atm. Pogba, Herrera, Matic, Fred, Andreas is very good collection - possibly if we can get a young deep lying playmaker to take over from Matic we should enter the market. But we have to buy a RB, CB, RW and cover for LB first before the midfield.
Disagree. Matic is quality, but needs speed/legs beside him. Herrera needs to be that dependable, consistent player with more authority. He is playing better, but needs to be better still. Fred and Andreas are unknown quantities (in terms of what they produce for United)

In addition to what we have, we need a Matuidi/Fernandinho/Busquets/Kante etc.. that quality of midfielder.

I'm not quite sure about Eriksen at United. This isn't PlayStation. Where would he play?Alongside Pogba? At the expense of who? What formation?

And... Ericksen is yet to inspire Spurs to win anything at all. Son, Kane.. Trippier..Toby... I would take any of them before Eriksen, because they would compliment our current squad and structure.

I remember when we bought Juan Sebastian Veron. An outstanding player... Who did not fit into our team. A shame, but it happens.

Last edited:

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He's an excellent player, but we have bigger priorities. Centre back, right back, right winger are all more important - and we need to buy excellent players in those positions, and it won't be cheaper. I'm not too sure how he would fit in with Pogba either.
I agree. However, last year he played right midfield more than any other position. The year before through the middle and right midfield for most of their games. He is a player that is a bit difficult to get your head around at times, but he has some qualities we really need.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
How is he still 26? Feels like he has been around forever.

Can't see his next club being an English one

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We have to learn to say no to players unless we have a plan.
There's no space for him here.

Canagel

Disagree. Matic is quality, but needs speed/legs beside him. Herrera needs to be that dependable, consistent player with more authority. He is playing better, but needs to be better still. Fred and Andreas are unknown quantities (in terms of what they produce for United)

In addition to what we have, we need a Matuidi/Fernandinho/Busquets/Kante etc.. that quality of midfielder.
The speed and legs is Fred. Plus the creativity. That's why we bought him. Once he settles he will play next to our DM which will be Matic and after that his replacement. Someone that will dictate the tempo and control our game with his passing but not afraid to get stuck in and break up the play as well.

Jeffthered

The speed and legs is Fred. Plus the creativity. That's why we bought him. Once he settles he will play next to our DM which will be Matic and after that his replacement. Someone that will dictate the tempo and control our game with his passing.
You place a lot of faith in Fred.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Would love him here, but pretty sure he's off to Madrid or Barca.

Patrick08

James maddison the playmaker at Leicester city is a good option as well.

Canagel

Sure there is.
I don't think so. He'll just be another Mata/Lingard on the right. We need proper RW with speed or even right sided forward to complete our front line not attacking midfielders playing out of position.

SATA

He is fantastic. All of Spurs good play goes through him. I thought he's soft but no, he can get stuck in as well. Sometimes you just cannot say no to a player if he is available. Give him 200k a week and he may be tempted to come. In fact money is just about the only way to tempt him to come, probably

Patrick08

I don't think so. He'll just be another Mata/Lingard on the right. We need proper RW with speed to complete our front line not attacking midfielders playing out of position.
So what? he has better out put and link up play also a better passing range than wingers as well. Doesn't seem to be a problem with spurs.

Also besides we better not be too dependent on Pogba for creativity and playmaking.

Also we have practically exhausted ourselves for any RW options there being so lethargic and reactive in the market.

Jeffthered

He is fantastic. All of Spurs good play goes through him. I thought he's soft but no, he can get stuck in as well. Sometimes you just cannot say no to a player if he is available. Give him 200k a week and he may be tempted to come. In fact money is just about the only way to tempt him to come, probably
He doesn't get stuck in. Sassuko gets stuck in. Kante. The new boy at Arsenal etc...

Ali, Son, Kane.. Trippier... These are the key players at Spurs. Ericsson is clinical in attacking goalscoring positions... But as a creative player, pulling the strings, throughout a game, for a big club that wins things...? Not sure Ericsson is this player. He could be... But I'm not sure, and he couldn't play with Pogba. Not with two defensive midfielders.

spwd

If they don’t even try then they should all be put down, fantastic player without doubt.