Christian Eriksen

MadMike

He was pretty poor today.
Au contraire. I thought he was at the heart of everything good Spurs did in the second. his vision and first time passing were sublime. He dictated the game in the second, not his fault his team failed to beat De Gea.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Au contraire. I thought he was at the heart of everything good Spurs did in the second. his vision and first time passing were sublime. He dictated the game in the second, not his fault his team failed to beat De Gea.
Aye, Spurs becoming more dominant directly correlated with him getting more time on the ball.

His pass to Alli for his chance was beautiful

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Eriksen needs to think seriously about his next move.
Too many of their star men have locked themselves in long term, will he be smarter?

Bwuk

He's too good for Spurs. Should be at a club who'll win trophies.

If Barca punt Coutinho, they should go after him. He's who they should of signed in the first place.

Rajma

I thought he was pretty ordinary until we decided to sit back in the second half and gave him all the time in the world. First half was a mixture of misplaced passes and being anonymous.
Yep he was nothing special until we decided to give him all the time in the world to pick out pass in the second half. Still a quality player that Spurs will struggle to replace adequately if he leaves.

ErranMorad

Yep he was nothing special until we decided to give him all the time in the world to pick out pass in the second half. Still a quality player that Spurs will struggle to replace adequately if he leaves.
Definitely. In fact I would love him here. Pogba and him in the midfield with a solid holding midfielder behind would be a thing of beauty against 70% the teams in the league.

izec

He is waiting to see if Real/Barca make a concrete move for him, otherwise he will stay.

Redderp

He is waiting to see if Real/Barca make a concrete move for him, otherwise he will stay.
I think so too, although i do think he would be interested in joining us if he had the chance. His agent did mention us when he talked about Real and Barca earlier in the year. He only mentioned those three clubs.

But he would probably not fit us with Pogba finding his mojo again under OGS. Pogba, Eriksen and a DM might be a bit too lightweight. If you look at the balance between offense and defense then Eriksen plays as the fourth closest to the opponents goal, with 3 more offensive players in front of him and the rest behind him. That’s the same for Pogba with us.

Us getting Eriksen made more sense when Pogba was rumored to leave us. But i don’t think Pogba wants to leave now with OGS instead of Mourinho.

ArjenIsM3

Think he'd be the perfect player for Real Madrid. Would gladly have him at United as well but I don't see that happening.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Think he'd be the perfect player for Real Madrid. Would gladly have him at United as well but I don't see that happening.
He really should try to get a move away, a player of his class deserves to get some trophies.
Eriksen + Hazard + Icardi would be quite a good summer for Madrid. Not sure they can get all 3 though.

ArjenIsM3

He really should try to get a move away, a player of his class deserves to get some trophies.
Eriksen + Hazard + Icardi would be quite a good summer for Madrid. Not sure they can get all 3 though.
That's at least 300 million. In one summer. But you never know these days and with the CR7 transfer they've obviously got some cash to spend.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
There was a first time left footed half volley pass yesterday to Trippier that was just sublime. Great picture of the pitch in his head.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Went into midfield in the second half and ran the game. Can we do to him what City have done with Silva? If so, I'd gladly give Spurs £80m.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Demebele gone now, Erikisen and Alderweireld in the summer, with possibly Poch as well. Things aren't looking good. Alli strikes me as the type that'll kick up a fuss to get out sooner rather than later if they start dropping out of contention

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Demebele gone now, Erikisen and Alderweireld in the summer, with possibly Poch as well. Things aren't looking good. Alli strikes me as the type that'll kick up a fuss to get out sooner rather than later if they start dropping out of contention
Dembele isn't a big deal for them really.

Eriksen is a huge, huge blow though. He's their most important player in my opinion and would be very difficult to replace. Alderweireld isn't a big deal, I actually rate Vertonghen as the better defender and theirs a wealth of young CBs all over Europe right now. If Ole stays with us then Pochettino won't leave imo. I still think there's more chance Pochettino stays anyway, he's looked comitted for years now but does seem to be frustrated with the lack of spending.

tattico

Supports
SC Freiburg
Would like to see him as a modric replacement at real. Casemiro-Kroos-Erikssen-Isco would be a nice midfield. But he could also replace Rakitic at Barca and Real may try Kovacic instead.

Raven

Genuinly nice guy off the pitch too. I helped him once with dinner reservations when I worked as a concierge here in Stockholm. Him and his girlfriend were very friendly people.
Makes it sound like they're swingers :lol:

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Seems like a Barca type player.

If spurs sell and feck up replacements like AVB did, they could drop below Everton who actually have money now.

This will be a defining summer for spurs.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Would be funny if they manage to miss out on top 4 as well*. Could end up a long time before the 'only place to watch Champions League in London' actually hosts a champions league match.

*not as funny as your lot missing out, mind.

izec

Would like to see him as a modric replacement at real. Casemiro-Kroos-Erikssen-Isco would be a nice midfield. But he could also replace Rakitic at Barca and Real may try Kovacic instead.
Pretty sure Real will sell Isco and Modric this summer to fund their spending. They wont win a trophy and will have to spend in the market with some players leaving and bringing in fresh blood (Hazard, Eriksen)

Red_Beans

If I had a choice of one player or staff member of Spurs I would take Eriksen
Me too.
Why are so many people against the idea of him playing RW? He plays the same role for Spurs that Lingard and Mata play for us, nominally stationed wide but drifting in. We could use a second playmaker to share the creative burden with Pogba

tomaldinho1

Me too.
Why are so many people against the idea of him playing RW? He plays the same role for Spurs that Lingard and Mata play for us, nominally stationed wide but drifting in. We could use a second playmaker to share the creative burden with Pogba
Yh I agree he could play there but I think where he'd be great for us is alongside Pogba - both of them are creative and forward thinking and if you put someone like Herrera in to buzz around and do the dirty work I think they could control the majority of games. Maybe against top sides he can be accommodated on the RW (unless we magically find a top natural RW which seems unlikely) to allow for an extra defensive minded CM to come in.

deafepl

If we want to copy City midfield by having two creative players on both flanks in front of DM, Eriksen cannot play with Pogba together as it would overload left flank too much and unbalanced in crossing, shots outside the box and long-range passes, because they're both right footed and will favor their right-footed more than left footed. James Rodriguez is the perfect player to link up with Pogba, left-footed and he can link up with fullbacks and RW on the right flank, one of best passers in Bundesliga and has better end product coming from the midfielder.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Pogba Eriksen
DM.
You know it makes sense. Sensational player.

Litch

Absolute quality but not sure where he would fit in our team as currently we already have Pogba. If we did sign him, (big if) we would def need an upgrade on Matic cause the would need someone more mobile and athletic to offer defensive cover....

Absolute quality but not sure where he would fit in our team as currently we already have Pogba. If we did sign him, (big if) we would def need an upgrade on Matic cause the would need someone more mobile and athletic to offer defensive cover....
So basically your saying we should just buy Kante as well as Eriksen? I could live with Pogba, Kante, Erikson.