Christian Pulisic | Chelsea player

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
That's behind a paywall but amazing if it was serious!
Crap, you're right. Sorry. The first one isn't but it is more of a taking the piss piece.

Favorite part of the grantland piece:

The year was 2002. American soccer, normally a global power, was going through one of its brief down periods, this one having begun in August of 1930. Across the nation, on at least three online message boards, all of which were administered by college students named Brad, hopes were soaring that a strong performance at the upcoming World Cup, to be co-hosted by Japan and South Korea, would restore the USMNT to its rightful position of glory abroad and massive celebrity at home. A little luck on the pitch, a little smart branding, the complete implosion of baseball in a years-long PED scandal, and who knows? Anything could happen.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
When it comes to unintentional cringe, the Americans really are unbeatable :lol:

Feck it, any excuse to post this:

How dare you. Take that back.

"U-S-A" and "I believe that we will win!" are the greatest chants in world football.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Yuck. He has been linked to us recently , as a potential successor for Coman, in case he doesn't renew. Do. Not. Want.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
When does Coman's deal expire? He's fantastic when healthy.
2023. Rumors are that he is looking to double his current salary, which is supposed to be around 9m/yr. That would make upcoming negotiations... difficult, and could lead to a sale in 2022.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Remember when he was Chelsea's big attacking purchase? Wait, remember when he played football?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Most migrant workers still love their countries
I'm always very wary about anyone who "loves their country" over a certain level (having multiple nationalistic tattoos would put you over that level).

I'm English, it's ok I guess, I'm neither proud nor ashamed. That's the extent of my patriotism.

A millionaire like Pulisic can live wherever he wants. He chooses not to live in the USA and him getting "Rock Flag and Eagle" tattood on his forehead would not change that fact.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The next US camp should be interesting. CP did not join he last one due to injury, and there was not one last year after the BLM protests began. Weston (and I think Adams) have been a pretty vocal about racial justice issues. They should sit him down for a chat.

Yikes, he should be shot purely for liking that LARP cringefest of a social media post.

"You know, I'm a bit of an artiste semi professional airsofter myself" *tips paintball helmet*

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I liked him before, now I hope he fails.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's always looked like someone who would star in those Kirk Cameron movies.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Fails the "good lad" test by a mile it seems.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Oh I know, I'd just rather he be illiterate than a MAGA dolt to be honest.
I gave him the benefit of the doubt at the time, because it was a silly 50 Cent post moaning about Biden tax rates and maybe he just likes 50 Cent.

Left wing on the field, right wing in the streets.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I'm always very wary about anyone who "loves their country" over a certain level (having multiple nationalistic tattoos would put you over that level).

I'm English, it's ok I guess, I'm neither proud nor ashamed. That's the extent of my patriotism.

A millionaire like Pulisic can live wherever he wants. He chooses not to live in the USA and him getting "Rock Flag and Eagle" tattood on his forehead would not change that fact.
Pre Covid he went back to Pennsylvania as much as he could. I think the truth is closer that he chooses to live away from the US to play at a higher level league than MLS. He has always been very over the top patriotic and playing on the USMNT is something he holds very high. He got Chelsea's permission to be with the team for one day while they were in Europe recently. I hope he has not hit his limit, but his body does not seem to be able to take the physical toll that any professional athlete must endure.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He needs to do something. I'm sure it's being looked into by experts.

Kinda getting Robben vibes. He was often injured early in his career but managed to overcome it.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
He needs to do something. I'm sure it's being looked into by experts.

Kinda getting Robben vibes. He was often injured early in his career but managed to overcome it.
Robben was especially able to overcome his injuries because he managed to be world class straight after his return. He needed to match rythm whatsoever. Evem is he was out for 6 months, first game back and he was flying again.

I think that's the biggest reason he managed to diminish the effect of his injuries. He was always world class every game he played.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Made of glass
Looks like coming off as a precaution was the right call? Have to say I've been impressed with Tuchel's squad management; he's been very conscious of what the physio team are telling him about injury risk clearly.

Pulisic looks like he's getting back to his best though - got fouled 11 times today and drew 3 yellows. Hopefully he can stay fit because the version of him post-restart last year was an absolutely cracking player - he also looks more comfortable in the inside forward / 10 role in our current 3-4-2-1 than Werner has done overall I'd say.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Looks like coming off as a precaution was the right call? Have to say I've been impressed with Tuchel's squad management; he's been very conscious of what the physio team are telling him about injury risk clearly.

Pulisic looks like he's getting back to his best though - got fouled 11 times today and drew 3 yellows. Hopefully he can stay fit because the version of him post-restart last year was an absolutely cracking player - he also looks more comfortable in the inside forward / 10 role in our current 3-4-2-1 than Werner has done overall I'd say.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Hope he continues to be as robust as today. Took a lot of shit.
It's the first time I've seen this battling, almost warrior-like performance from him. Porto are an extremely physical team and they played like it. I was more impressed with him tonight than when he scored two at the weekend.