Christian Pulisic | Signed by Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

United Pro

Pulisic is reportedly on the short list of options of wingers for the January transfer window along with: Malcom, Lemar and Kluivert. Pulisic is a top talent, but I just can't see any reason why Dortmund would sell him mid season. Although, his contract only runs till 2020, so if he doesn't sign a new contract, he may be on the move in the summer.

Here's an article linking him to us: https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ex...ansfer-window-recruitment-list-195109341.html

Womp

idiot
No chance in Jan, proper chance in the summer though. He's a self-proclaimed United fan, would appeal to the American fanbase and he's a top prospect. I think it'll be Malcom in Jan though.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I’d sign them all. Replace Mkhitaryan and Mata and add one as depth.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Imagine the US marketing possibilities!

aditya826

I'd take signing either pulisic or kluivert as a firm indication that Mourinho is going to leave next season.
I would be quite surprised that these signings are selected by Mou, who usually prefers finished and polished products rather than youngsters at attacking positions.

haram

I'd take signing either pulisic or kluivert as a firm indication that Mourinho is going to leave next season.
I would be quite surprised that these signings are selected by Mou, who usually prefers finished and polished products rather than youngsters at attacking positions.
Outstanding logic.

deafepl

I think it will be Woodward's signings for market commercial reasons, not Mourinho.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Maybe Mourinho is gonna build a team for the long term and signing Pulisic and Kluivert would indicate his commitment to United beyond his current contract.

Womp

idiot
You could argue the only signings he made who were the finished article was Mkhi and Matic. Everyone else he signed is still young and will continue to improve.

AriKra

That would be a SAF vintage signing
Talented young winger predestinated number 7

Arka_BleedingRed

Excellent player, good marketing prospect but BVB are not going to let him go easily after Dembele, and he is going to cost upwards of a 100 mills.

aditya826

Maybe Mourinho is gonna build a team for the long term and signing Pulisic and Kluivert would indicate his commitment to United beyond his current contract.
There is no evidence for this assertion sadly. Nothing he has done in his 1.5 year stay gives any indication that he is here for the long term. Primarily take his reluctance to shift with his family to Manchester which shows he doesn't see himself long term here.

diplomat

Our scouting needs to start earning those paychecks and unearth these type of potentially world class players before they get to the bigger European teams, so we don't have to pay north of 40-50 million pounds for them.

It's what made us so unpredictable and scary during the times of Sir Alex, who always had an ace up his sleeve that would surprise our rivals and give us the needed advantage over them. The moment he felt we were getting stale in attack, a young attacking player was signed in order to try and give a breath of fresh air.

Reactions: Invictus

Dr. StrangeHate

Mourinho has been completed humbled by Pep this season. Typical Mourinho would have had a meltdown by now. But all we are seeing is a calm Mourinho. I think he will atleast stay until we win the league once. After that I can't really say.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
There is no evidence for this assertion sadly. Nothing he has done in his 1.5 year stay gives any indication that he is here for the long term. Primarily take his reluctance to shift with his family to Manchester which shows he doesn't see himself long term here.
The signings of a 23yr old Pogba for a World record fee and Victor Lindelof are two examples of his commitment to United for the long haul.

His wife and kids are very settled in London and it would be foolish to uproot them and move them up north.

Red_toad

Mourinho has been completed humbled by Pep this season. Typical Mourinho would have had a meltdown by now. But all we are seeing is a calm Mourinho. I think he will atleast stay until we win the league once. After that I can't really say.
Some people think they know exactly how Jose will act given his history in certain jobs. Not taking into account he may well choose to be different, he's a clever bloke, not a dumb animal.
Jose seems happy at United, though not entirely happy with his squad. The majority of the players seem to be happy with him, yet an element of our fans haven't backed him since day one. I'm looking forward to the new players he's after in January, hopefully they can have an immediate effect on the squad.
I do worry that Pulisic would be a tad lightweight at this point in his career for the Premier league. He's certainly a very good prospect, but it's a big ask in my opinion to come to United and perform straight off the bat at his age.

AndyJ1985

About time we challenged rivals for top quality players. It's sickening to see how many have gone elsewhere in recent years without us even trying to sign them.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He shouldn't really be moving right now, but yeah if anyone else goes for him, we should definitely be challenging.

SirAF

Ageist
If something happens, I'd expect United to break the bank for this lad. I'll vomit if he goes to liverpool :(

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He'd be up there with Dybala as my pick for the right hand side, there's merits of both to be honest one's more of an out and out winger the other is more of a match winner

HoopsMcCann

Announce 2 footed Messi!!!! Seriously though, I'm totally bias (American), Pulisic doesn't really have any weakness, is very direct, seems very mature and has an edge to his demeanor on the pitch.

I have to imagine he's going to cost a lot more than the €30mm to €50mm I've seen speculated.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Announce 2 footed Messi!!!! Seriously though, I'm totally bias (American), Pulisic doesn't really have any weakness, is very direct, seems very mature and has an edge to his demeanor on the pitch.

I have to imagine he's going to cost a lot more than the €30mm to €50mm I've seen speculated.
Start at €100M and work from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.