Christian Pulisic | Signed by Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Just watched a few videos, I’m all in let’s get him.

MadMike

Needs to stay at Dormund for another year and gain experience without the pressures that a big money move to a top club would bring. Better players have struggled with that. He's a promising player but he's got a lot to learn and BVB is the right place for that.

Utd7

As an American I'm biased but would definitely hope he's on our radar. Would make me sick if he went to Liverpool of all clubs.

IrishRedDevil

As an American I'm biased but would definitely hope he's on our radar. Would make me sick if he went to Liverpool of all clubs.
Has he got a big profile in America? Are fans getting giddy/interested and following Dortmund games for example?

Steven7290

Has he got a big profile in America? Are fans getting giddy/interested and following Dortmund games for example?
Honestly? Those who were already fans are giddy, those who weren't haven't changed much because of him. And no, most people knows who he is but they have absolutely no idea what Dortmund is...

Acole9

Outstanding
I've never seen him play but he's being talked up as the best player to have come out of the US, is this true?

Utd7

His profile is still growing at home even though he's clearly our best player.

At least my friends who support Team USA follow his progress in Bundesliga on a weekly basis.

But I do believe as the article alludes that if he joins a PL club, his profile will grow SIGNIFICANTLY here. The Premier League is by far the most popular of the European leagues in the states, followed by Barca/RM La Liga supporters.

Acole9

Outstanding
His profile is still growing at home even though he's clearly our best player.

At least my friends who support Team USA follow his progress in Bundesliga on a weekly basis.

But I do believe as the article alludes that if he joins a PL club, his profile will grow SIGNIFICANTLY here. The Premier League is by far the most popular of the European leagues in the states, followed by Barca/RM La Liga supporters.
It does sound that way and no doubt that'll appeal to many clubs included us with our American owners for marketing reasons. I don't really like referring to it as that but that's how football has become.

L1nk

Is this another player we are buying partly for the marketing potential?
Half yes, but as the article states Pulisic also makes sense as a football player to, because he's damn talented, young and it fills that RW gap, possibly for the next 10 years and more, all in all this is a transfer I think United can't afford to miss out on if and when it may happen in the future. For now I think it's best he stays at Dortmund for at least another year or two, he's mature but could stand to learn and grow as young players tend to do well at Dortmund, but if rivals march on in there we have to compete for his signature minimum, which looks like we will do.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
True, I'd probably say Dempsey is the best I've seen of players come out of the US.
It's early days with Pulisic, so it's always a bit inappropriate to compare him to players with proper careers. But for a 19 year old, he's astonishingly mature and consistent, I think he's an absolute top talent who's already performing on a high level.

ninjaskill

I have a couple US friends who went to a Dortmund game purely because he plays for him and bought a bunch of stuff, he is the American player with the most interest in him by far IMO

hn4manunited

I would love to see him get a chance at a big club and see how well he develops with the pressure and big players around him. I think he's probably the only American talent to have made it at his current level at such a young age. Landon Donovan had the talent but didn't make it in Europe and went home. McBride and Dempsey both were considered successful by american standards but at a much later age.

NotBrendanRodgers honest

Supports
Liverpool
Genuinely think he'd chose Liverpool over Utd regardless of him being a fan or not. Klopp is crazy about him and bid for him when he came in aswell, also I think our style of play will suit him more and he would develop much better under Klopp than Mourinho. Not having a dig, because there are certain type of players who would do much better under Mourinho than Klopp too

Womp

idiot
Genuinely think he'd chose Liverpool over Utd regardless of him being a fan or not. Klopp is crazy about him and bid for him when he came in aswell, also I think our style of play will suit him more and he would develop much better under Klopp than Mourinho. Not having a dig, because there are certain type of players who would do much better under Mourinho than Klopp too
No chance imo. He'd get more exposure here, more money, would be able to build a bigger brand, has more chance to win trophies and remain competitive, is a United fan, would appeal to our American fanbase etc.

If we're interested he's one of the top prospects I think would wholeheartedly prefer us.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I don't agree with the first sentence. Like Womp said, there is a lot of reasons why he would choose Utd over Liverpool. The second sentence you are right about, but i don't think that will play a big enough role in his decision to favour liverpool.

NotQuiteManc

After Kagawa and Miki, I would be wary of getting another player from Dortmund. Having said that, Pulisic might still young enough to un-learn the Dortmund system and get in tune with United's.

Cantonagotmehere

No chance imo. He'd get more exposure here, more money, would be able to build a bigger brand, has more chance to win trophies and remain competitive, is a United fan, would appeal to our American fanbase etc.

If we're interested he's one of the top prospects I think would wholeheartedly prefer us.
Totally agree

Mrob777

Supports
Liverpool
Being from the United States and being a fan of Pulisic, I have watched many games in which he has played. I can say without a doubt he is the real deal, and this has nothing to do with country bias (because lets be honest, most US players are shit). His acceleration with and without the ball is incredible and coupled with very good ball control, he can glide past players very easily. He has been playing the wings for Dortmund in the majority of their games with the occasional appearances in the #10 position. His best position is RW , but can easily slot into the LW position and thrive. His intelligence is damn good for being young, and he has a knack for finding the right cross in certain situations. He puts in a defensive shift as well, and wins a lot of balls, but I can say he could use a bit of bulking up if he plans to move to the premier league.

Strengths:
  • Insane Ball control/skills
  • Great Crosser
  • Incredible work rate
  • Makes intelligent runs
  • Very fast and great counter-attacking player
Weaknesses:
  • Sometimes gets pushed of the ball too easily
  • Sometimes dribbles when a pass would be better (comes with experience)

Overall he is class and IMHO is one of Dortmund's best players and he is only 19 years old!! Any team should be looking to sign him, period.

L1nk

After Kagawa and Miki, I would be wary of getting another player from Dortmund. Having said that, Pulisic might still young enough to un-learn the Dortmund system and get in tune with United's.
I think the main difference is that Kagawa and Mkhi excelled in central, generally #10 positions, Mkhi did play wide often times but Dortmunds system of attack is quite different from our own. Pulisic is more an out an out winger, a bit like Giggs if you will, or even Ronaldo at his time with us, he certainly has all the attributes and the talent. Definitely one to keep an eye on this. Love to see him become the new #7.

Footyislife

Definition of overrated youtube player. Most his highlights are for the NT against terrible opponents. Yeah he's got the fancy dribbles and pace, but he's scored 3 goals and 1 assist in 16 Bundesliga games. Oh, but it might be the teams fault? Well he averages 1 key pass a game which is pretty bad. He's quality technical player around the box and with his pace/dribbling he's got tons of potential, but his high price tag is not worth the risk as he's too raw. Watching him live he just squanders too many chances its frustrating. Rather take Malcom, Lucas Moura, and above all Sanchez. Far cheaper, and can contribute more right away.

We've already got high potentials in Rashford and Martial. We need someone who can help right away.

NotBrendanRodgers honest

Supports
Liverpool

I don't know he strikes me as the type to care more about his development and style of play more than money or brand.. Liverpool have been massively marketed in the U.S too thanks to our American owners who also own the Red Sox, and we have sold out stadiums in pre season.
Don't forget he's only 19 so he can worry about money and brand when he is established

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

All this is just nonsense.

Player development
Likelihood of trophies
money

are the primary motivators. Not necessarily in that order.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I like the kid a lot but really?
I did say possibly. I've watched him a half dozen times with the national team and he shows something special each match. He is quick, has a nice touch, has vision, and knows how to score. And he is only 19. I think there is a CHANCE that he will one day he will be a key player (maybe not the best player) on one of the top 6 clubs in the world. I would love for it to be United.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If he is a united fan as he claims to be, there is only going to be one winner. Not even Barca or RM stands a chance.

And ,no Jose is not going to be here long term and so it would be extremely stupid on him to ignore United because of Jose.

crossy1686

career ending
Is there anyone who has seen this lad play a lot? Someone that isn't American and can give an objective opinion. I know you guys mean well but Pulisic himself has come out and said that the expectations placed on him by his fellow countrymen are too much.

beingshe7don

Is there anyone who has seen this lad play a lot? Someone that isn't American and can give an objective opinion. I know you guys mean well but Pulisic himself has come out and said that the expectations placed on him by his fellow countrymen are too much.
That would make sense considering he's barely reached the drinking age in the US and they expect him to take the US team to the World Cup. But that doesn't take away the fact that he's very good for his age and when I say that I mean, he's go the skills and the pace and his maturity and decision making is pretty good for a 19 year old. I still think he's got a long way to go to achieve his true potential which I feel he would be able to do so at United or a team like Barcelona but I really hope he comes to United.

Mrob777

Supports
Liverpool

That's like saying you lot cant give an objective opinion on Rashford, Kane, or any English player for that matter because they are fellow countrymen (how dumb is that lol). I have watched plenty of his matches and he is quality, end of story. No country bias needed, but he is still growing in experience. Is he ready to move to a bigger club,perhaps, but he needs a team that is willing to give him games and right now that's Dortmund. If United signed him right now I believe he would be exactly what you guys need, an attacking RW who can beat a man and put dangerous balls into the box.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
He had 7 goals and 7 assists in 13 WC-Qualifying games. I think he carried his own weight and about five other guys, but when Michael Bradley jumped on he finally collapsed.

I also don´t disagree that he needs more minutes to mature and develop, though I find it a bit disrespectful overall, when he has played in more CL games than United or Liverpool in the last three years. :lol:

Everybody wants him, because he´s a special player. That he´s American only means Dortmund can slap €20M on top.

Danillaco

Am I the only one who would rather spend the money on Fekir? Can play CAM, support striker. I really like him better than Pulisic.

For those who watch him closer than me, can he play in a three man midfield? I don't remember

Devil may care

If we somehow pull the Sanchez deal off then I think that will end interest in Griezmann a Dybala, so I'd love to see us Focus on Pulisic as we'd have the experience in attack to allow him time to settle in.

Devil may care

The commentator tonight on the Dortmund/Wolfsburg game mentioned Bayern were already showing interest in him as well as several other top European sides, we know Klippity will be trying to get him, we might have to move for him this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.