Christian Pulisic | Signed by Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

settembrini

He's a good player and still very young but I don't think he will ever be the superstar his American PR team and fans want him to be.

Darkhorsez

A win win for both parties.

Dortmund get an high sum of money for someone whose head was clearly not at the right place this season and didn't want to stay longer. Chelsea get a player who truly showed exceptional talent in his first two seasons and can become a great player. I think his best position is on the right wing where he can use his great speed and dribbling abilities to get past defenders.

I personally think the sum is a bit higher than it should be but Pulisic upside is high so it can work out well.
Nice summary!

meamth

Another shrewd Chelsea business.

How can they keep doing this? Abramovich is selling the club and all. how?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Isnt he a right winger ?
Dont see what its got to do with hazard. Willian and pedro wont be there much longer.
Equally comfortable on either side.

deafepl

Sadly, at this rate, Chelsea and Arsenal will finish outside top 4 for years.

mad1max954

I think this is a decent purchase from Chelsea. It looks expensive but that’s what players are going for now.

Also like others have said, the kid has a high ceiling and good marketing opportunity.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Is he really that good?

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Maybe he didn’t have many options?
You mean outside of simply staying in Dortmund for a few more years and actually develop further? The boy is 20, not 27. He might think differently, but he has not outgrown us yet, not by a long shot.

He transfers from a club that to a significant extent builds its strength from trust and patience in young players to a club that has shown time and time again to be ready to quickly cast away highly talented youngsters if they not hit the ground running there. In terms of club ideologies Dortmund and Chelsea are basically polar opposites.

I can only hope for Pulisic that he is not supposed to be Eden Hazard´s replacement. That is a battle of expectations he will in all likelihood not win.

AJ10

Don't see anything special in him tbh Decent but nothing to brag about and the fee being paid I would have thought he'd be Hazard level talent (at 20). He's only 20, so has lots of time to develop, but at Chelsea? Interesting choice.

izec

Chelsea arent the brightest. Better deal for BvB than them. If Hazard goes and Odoi turns out the better player in the coming years, that will be fun

Varun

Staff
Absurd decision to move to Chelsea of all clubs. Hopefully for him, he's spoken to Sarri at length about his plans.

SmithLogic

Plus they have loaned him back till the end of the season? I mean, I know its my first post, but thats some scary “lets secure his signature”’for a 20 y/o unproven premiere league player. I honestly only see the player and Dortmond laughing here.

Handré1990

You mean outside of simply staying in Dortmund for a few more years and actually develop further? The boy is 20, not 27. He might think differently, but he has not outgrown us yet, not by a long shot.

He transfers from a club that to a significant extent builds its strength from trust and patience in young players to a club that has shown time and time again to be ready to quickly cast away highly talented youngsters if they not hit the ground running there. In terms of club ideologies Dortmund and Chelsea are basically polar opposites.

I can only hope for Pulisic that he is not supposed to be Eden Hazard´s replacement. That is a battle of expectations he will in all likelihood not win.
Yes, obviously outside of Dortmund. I thought it had been clear for a while he would leave?

I agree by the way, he would’ve been better off staying for a little while longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.