Christian Pulisic | Signed by Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Vader

No one's getting Pulisic -- at least not for another season. Dortmund need him for the squad a lot more than they need the cash; they looked pretty toothless against Liverpool until he entered the game. Pulisic went from being a promising investment for future sale to an indispensable member of the club.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
2 years left on his contract. Expect something to happen sometime this season. Unless he has a crazy good season I dont see him attracting interest from Barca/Madrid/PSG.

Think it will be between Liverpool (Klopp is a huge admirer), Spurs (They love a bargain and have American owners), Man City (I think Sterling's contract demands could see him leave). Man Utd (might still need a rw then) and Bayern ( Aging wingers, history of signing Dortmund's best players when the opportunity presents itself, this might actually make it hardest for them to get him.

Devil may care

The games he's played recently that have seen this thread bumped, did he play as a RW? I'm a fan but he started last season well and then faded which is not unusual for a 19 year old, logically he could do with another season at Dortmund and we aren't a good fit for him right now.

the_irish123

Has he been that good really? I don't watch Bundesliga but Batshuayi went there and looked like Romario. I hope people are not saying he's a lock to come to a top4 club based on friendlies.

deafepl

I can see us going for him next season, should he not sign a new contract with Dortmund so he'd have 1 year left on the contract. I think we'll be in the market for a young player backup like LB and perhaps DM if Pereira fail to impress next season.

jack1092

Supports
Liverpool
2 years left on his contract. Expect something to happen sometime this season. Unless he has a crazy good season I dont see him attracting interest from Barca/Madrid/PSG.

Think it will be between Liverpool (Klopp is a huge admirer), Spurs (They love a bargain and have American owners), Man City (I think Sterling's contract demands could see him leave). Man Utd (might still need a rw then) and Bayern ( Aging wingers, history of signing Dortmund's best players when the opportunity presents itself, this might actually make it hardest for them to get him.

Aren't Spurs owned by Joe Lewis + Daniel Levy (ENIC Group)...I wouldn't be surprised if Bayern mop up some of this talent as usual.

Brandt looks like a lovely footballer, someone i'd love at LFC- i'd imagine he'll be a Bayern player along with Pulisic....

Pulisic will be in demand from UTD and LFC, with their owners probably wanting the first US star player since Donovan....maybe one of the two will outspend Bayern who knows..

MadMike

Considering the money BVB ask for talented players (150m for Dembele, still laughing about that one) he’s gonna have to run his contract down to get a transfer. If he renews he stays there for the foreseeable.

I believe he’s still a couple years away from a transfer to a tougher league with more expectations on him. Ideal scenario is we get him in 2020 on a free, but that’s gonna be difficult. BVB might be forced to sell next summer if he doesn’t renew but I still think he won’t be ready for EPL then.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Considering the money BVB ask for talented players (150m for Dembele, still laughing about that one) he’s gonna have to run his contract down to get a transfer. If he renews he stays there for the foreseeable.

I believe he’s still a couple years away from a transfer to a tougher league with more expectations on him. Ideal scenario is we get him in 2020 on a free, but that’s gonna be difficult. BVB might be forced to sell next summer if he doesn’t renew but I still think he won’t be ready for EPL then.
I think he's one of those players where if you don't get him A.S.A.P, then you wont get him at all. Sort of like Mbappé in that sense. I'll be suprised if he signed a new contract with Dortmund. I think he's been pretty open about wanting to play in the Premier League. I expect Dortmund to sell next season. They aren't a club who can afford missing out on 50/60m for one more season from this player

Maybe next summer when everyone is after him and he costs even more, seems like our strategy.
Like I said, will be much cheaper next year, with one year left on his contract.

The games he's played recently that have seen this thread bumped, did he play as a RW? I'm a fan but he started last season well and then faded which is not unusual for a 19 year old, logically he could do with another season at Dortmund and we aren't a good fit for him right now.
He can play anywhere across the front 3; Behind a CF in a 4-2-3-1 or on either Wing position.

Has he been that good really? I don't watch Bundesliga but Batshuayi went there and looked like Romario. I hope people are not saying he's a lock to come to a top4 club based on friendlies.
I think with Batshuayi it was more with the fact that Dortmund actually play decent attacking football, not the stuff Chelsea were serving up last season. He made the wrong move to Chelsea. Would work wonders in a team like ours. The Bundesliga is a Top league, most of the players from there adapt well to the Premier League.

Aren't Spurs owned by Joe Lewis + Daniel Levy (ENIC Group)...I wouldn't be surprised if Bayern mop up some of this talent as usual.

Brandt looks like a lovely footballer, someone i'd love at LFC- i'd imagine he'll be a Bayern player along with Pulisic....

Pulisic will be in demand from UTD and LFC, with their owners probably wanting the first US star player since Donovan....maybe one of the two will outspend Bayern who knows..
You are correct.
I think Brandt is staying in Germany for the forseeable future. He was in the last year of his contract with a sub 20m clause and didnt seem ready to take the plunge. Doesnt seem like the sort of guy Bayern would pass up on in 2 or 3 seasons.

Reactions: Penna

Alfie092

How much would he cost us if Dortmund are willing to sell him?

Given his age, potential, the marketing potential with him being one of the biggest, if not the biggest American player I can think of in a long long time, oh and the fact that we are United and always end up paying like 20% over the price we should be paying!

United Pro

Given his age, potential, the marketing potential with him being one of the biggest, if not the biggest American player I can think of in a long long time, oh and the fact that we are United and always end up paying like 20% over the price we should be paying!
According to Sky Sports, Dortmund are interested in Martial. So, if Martial keeps asking to leave, our best bet to get Pulisic may be to offer a swap deal.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
According to Sky Sports, Dortmund are interested in Martial. So, if Martial keeps asking to leave, our best bet to get Pulisic may be to offer a swap deal.
Martial won’t be going to Borussia fecking Dortmund (I think!).

James Peril

Why on earth would Martial like to play for Dortmund? They are so not the club they once were anymore - and their squad looks incredibly average. Harsh on Dortmund (a might fine and honorable club indeed), but they are playing in a one-team league and have grossly mishandled their squad lately. Too many sales mixed with mediocre acquisitions. Martial surely has higher ambitions than that

Fer

If Malcom is going
This could be Mourinho's last season, he needs to achieve something. Maybe that's why we have been linked with established players like Perisic and Willian. I guess he doesn't have as a priority to develop young players.

GBBQ

If Malcom is going

This could be Mourinho's last season, he needs to achieve something. Maybe that's why we have been linked with established players like Perisic and Willian. I guess he doesn't have as a priority to develop young players.
Except we bought a 19 year old right back and Fred is hardly an OAP at 25.

United Pro

Martial won’t be going to Borussia fecking Dortmund (I think!).
You never know.
Why on earth would Martial like to play for Dortmund? They are so not the club they once were anymore - and their squad looks incredibly average. Harsh on Dortmund (a might fine and honorable club indeed), but they are playing in a one-team league and have grossly mishandled their squad lately. Too many sales mixed with mediocre acquisitions. Martial surely has higher ambitions than that
Dembele moved there, ripped it up and moved to Barca a year later for a fee that could rise to over £100m. Young players get opportunities there, plus they have a competitive enough side. I can't think of many other top clubs that give youngsters as many opportunities as Dortmund, bar Monaco where he came from.
He does appear to be looking for an established winger, so I can't see us moving for the likes of Pulisic or Malcom.

Fer

Except we bought a 19 year old right back and Fred is hardly an OAP at 25.
I may be wrong but I think Mourinho is going to start Valencia as our main RB instead of Dalot.
I really hope you are right and we end up signing a young winger for the first eleven.

Devil may care

He can play anywhere across the front 3; Behind a CF in a 4-2-3-1 or on either Wing position.
I know, but I was wondering if the performances in the last two games that sparked this thread to be bumped were as a right winger.

Alfie092

If reports are to be believed then we value Martial at circa £90 million. Not sure Pulisic is worth that much, so if anything, in my opinion Dortmund should be giving us some cash too alongside Pulisic...

HoopsMcCann

I'm American and that colors my view of Pulisic. At 19 he's as good as peak Dempsey (20 goals from MF at Fulham) or Donovan. The question is how much better will he get. He's apparently very mature and tactically advanced so improvement will likely have to come on the pitch.

If United want him this window would be the right time. *If* he continues to improve his price would be hugely inflated due to his nationality.

He plays on the right for his club but, like all our attackers does seem more dangerous on the left.

He's kind of a Mata/Lingard hybrid. His movement is great and he pops up to score in the box like Mata. A very good dribbler who is tough but small.

The pressure of being an expensive American at United is the main reason I'd stay away were I inclined (and not a US/United fan) to do so.

I think he'd cost over €70mm this window.

Mainoldo

We need to stop suggesting player who haven’t reached their full potential. Our current manager does not like them.

Mainoldo

Wait, we should have not signed him because he would get injured and be out for three months?
Not when your manager will make a big deal out of it come the of August if Valencia isn’t fully fit.

poleglass red

Valencia got injured early yesterday. Where was he?
surely you are aware he's injured, the club have been telling us that, but that's not the point. You said our manager doesn't like signing players who haven't reached their full potential. Dalot signing destroys that notion.

Champagne Football

You'd have to think Jose's thinking now is that he doesn't want Pulisic in case he turns out to be next Mkhitaryan. I guess that's his obsession with finished articles over talents with huge potential.

Mainoldo

surely you are aware he's injured, the club have been telling us that, but that's not the point. You said our manager doesn't like signing players who haven't reached their full potential. Dalot signing destroys that notion.
The notion is he doesn’t like player who aren’t at their full potential. The first 11 most weeks shows that. So prove that nation is wrong?

Cliche Guevara

The notion is he doesn’t like player who aren’t at their full potential. The first 11 most weeks shows that. So prove that nation is wrong?
Dalot, Bailly, Lindelof, Pogba, Lukaku, Fred.

Give it up you’re talking utter nonsense and it’s very boring. I actually wish you would eat your words instead of making us suffer them on here.

Beplited?

Status
Not open for further replies.