City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

Cloud7

No Madrid fan will support Barca, Lewandowski or not, and there are many people who dislike Barca in general. With Bayern many Poles will not support a German team regardless of a Polish player either, though they did get more support due to Lewandowski.

I don’t know many non-United fans here that hate or even dislike City. Many seem to find a reason to like them: Barca fans because of Pep, other English club fans because they represent PL and they are United rivals. And even when they can’t find a reason to genuinely like them, they don’t actually dislike them and will support them when they are playing their rivals (eg pretty much everyone I know that wasn’t a Madrid fan rooted for them in the semis).

I also don’t really know many people here that care about their financial history. It bothers UK based fans because they are closer to it but your average European fan won’t be equally bothered by it.
It was much the same in Trinidad. A couple guys that I worked with were just outright city fans. The Barcelona fans like them because of Pep. Everyone else that were fans of other clubs just admired the football they play without really talking about the origin of their finances or whatever. No one seems to really care.

Tarrou

they still won, just cause your income is probably to0 3 in the world, if you won does it make it right?
cheating is okay if you win sure

look I know you're just wumming but surely you can come up with something better than this?

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Is there a table of expenditure over the last 6 years where City have dominated titles?

It would be interesting to see what each club has spent but also depressing to see ours.
Per transfermarkt, top10 in terms of net spend, 2017-2023:

Irwin99

You are the richest club in the league???? Compete and stop bitching about it. Every ticket u buy, or shirt is it on yourselves? City are the better run club, simple.
Don't think anyone is disputing that just the fact that they've bent a lot of rules to 'achieve' what they've done is more the big issue.

Also, I don't understand how fans of clubs like Spurs, Villa or any of those outside the top 4 aren't angered by the likes of City and Newcastle and maybe even United soon becoming state sponsored clubs that just eliminate all competition through infinite wealth cheats.

You achieved a decent amount of stability under Poch and had a good plan and a good team for a few years, but something like that is going to be far harder for you to achieve in the future with football going the way it is. Do you really not feel any resentment towards the oil clubs when they not only have infinite money but also brazenly cheat and flout regulations designed for fairer competition?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Ok, so cause u earn more than anyone in the PL, you should be allowed to win more? Due to spending more? And that’s ok? That’s a fair sport in your eyes?
The rules are there for every team. Otherwise Saudis could just spend 1 billion on Newcastle every season. Other smaller clubs could then also spend and just increase their debt if it didn’t have any consequences. It’s a restriction for every club if they have to spend within their limits. When the rules weren’t there they weren’t there for anyone. If they are there, one team can’t just repeatedly break them and get away with it. It’s not complicated despite your „spending more, earn more“ questions.

United492

Keep sucking the teat Mr Man, keeps you on side. The simple fack is money wins titles, you can like it or lump it, it’s the way it is. Where the money comes from is a total distraction, Saudi money, American money, UK money, Russian money, if you really honestly can convince there is any difference your simply not very intelligent.
so close

FujiVice

Pissing myself that the headline of todays newspapers is "Marcus Rashford splits with long time partner"

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Don't think anyone is disputing that just the fact that they've bent a lot of rules to 'achieve' what they've done is more the big issue.

Also, I don't understand how fans of clubs like Spurs, Villa or any of those outside the top 4 aren't angered by the likes of City and Newcastle and maybe even United soon becoming state sponsored clubs that just eliminate all competition through infinite wealth cheats.

You achieved a decent amount of stability under Poch and had a good plan and a good team for a few years, but something like that is going to be far harder for you to achieve in the future with football going the way it is. Do you really not feel any resentment towards the oil clubs when they not only have infinite money but also brazenly cheat and flout regulations designed for fairer competition?
Of course I’m angered, but really what the feck can we do? I was angered 2 decades ago when United could outbid us and take our players? Kitty as that right?

Zen86

Ok, so cause u earn more than anyone in the PL, you should be allowed to win more? Due to spending more? And that’s ok? That’s a fair sport in your eyes?
It’s much fairer having the royal families from oil states buying up football clubs and backrolling the ones which they see fit. Can’t see any problems with competition there.

GazTheLegend

Of course I’m angered, but really what the feck can we do? I was angered 2 decades ago when United could outbid us and take our players? Kitty as that right?
What can you do? If it wasn't for City, Spurs would be one notch higher on the table and City would be in the Championship yo-yoing back and forward with the Prem. Lets be real here, the biggest losers of these state clubs like Newcastle and City are the likes of Spurs, Leicester etc. I'd be even angrier with them. Post-sir Alex we wereALWAYS gonna have a dip. We deserved our success, and it's pathetic to pretend we didn't.

Tarrou

When United won you were the richest team, at the end of the day most money is dirty money, yes city bought the treble, but really so did United. Its all bullshit, money will alway win.
There is no rule about spending the most, never has been and never will be. United spend the most now.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

Also sad as the really big loser from the whole City debacle is the League Cup… the one bit of silverware that was semi-regularly won (or competed in the final) by the traditionally less successful teams. Blackburn, Birmingham, Leicester, Swansea, Middlesborough & Spurs all won it in the 21st century before City’s rise… most of the “big” sides would play their kids… whereas now, as City have been able to hoard a near world class third string of £50m + players, over last 10 years they’ve won it 6 times… with the other 4 times also being big clubs, who now take it a lot more seriously as it’s the only chance to claw back some pots (United comparatively only won it 4 times over the entire 26-year Fergie era)

So yeah, weird state of affairs to see the fans directly disenfranchised by all this simping for them just to own United fans.

stevoc

When United won you were the richest team, at the end of the day most money is dirty money, yes city bought the treble, but really so did United. Its all bullshit, money will alway win.
United's success 1993-2013 wasn't based on out spending their rivals though.

Irwin99

Well, judging by other fan's reactions to City's charges i honestly don't think a lot of people are that bothered by it and are probably more interested in bantering either United or Liverpool or Arsenal etc. Also United's financial strength until Sir Alex left was funded by the club's success and historical stature.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
What can you do? If it wasn't for City, Spurs would be one notch higher on the table and City would be in the Championship yo-yoing back and forward with the Prem. Lets be real here, the biggest losers of these state clubs like Newcastle and City are the likes of Spurs, Leicester etc. I'd be even angrier with them. Post-sir Alex we wereALWAYS gonna have a dip. We deserved our success, and it's pathetic to pretend we didn't.
i won’t disagree with you but it really doesn’t matter where money comes from, I don’t like brutal states more t than you but at the end of the day, a lot of money from us is invested in them.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Well, judging by other fan's reactions to City's charges i honestly don't think a lot of people are that bothered by it and are probably more interested in bantering either United or Liverpool or Arsenal etc. Also United's financial strength until Sir Alex left was funded by the club's success and historical stature.
Trust me I’d much rather United win than City, but not will say the sport has changed, they won, fair play. I’m sure if United we’re bankrolled you wouldn’t really give a shit.

RedRocket9908

Correct, we were the richest team but most seasons we were still outspent by other clubs and the season we won The Treble was the first season we were highest spenders as we signed both Yorke and Stam that season.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Correct, we were the richest team but most seasons we were still outspent by other clubs and the season we won The Treble was the first season we were highest spenders as we signed both Yorke and Stam that season.
Look I really don’t mind the spending, but when people question where the money is from makes me laugh. It’s all money, and most isn’t made from a decent place.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
City will kick the can down the road for as long as possible with delay tactics to separate the time proximity between the treble and having their corruption and money laundering proven for a second time. All the while, Pep will lie to the media about wanting a quick resolution.

The quick resolution is that this is corruption and money laundering on a scale otherwise unprecedented in any sports history. The emails are clear and unequivocal. Even while paying players and managers double their declared salaries through offshore tax evasion systems in the UAE, they had to generate fictitious commercial income bigger than clubs like Liverpool and Real Madrid. They couldn't even get the declared books low enough to make it plausible they weren't money laundering.

There is absolutely no plausible deniability. They are screwed.
I feel slightly warmer about things when I read your posts. :drool:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
People keep making comments like this.
Do you REALLY not see any difference between what United and City have done?

I think we'll struggle to explain it to you if you've not picked up on it by now.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
And that’s only because in the previous seasons we spent little. In 95 we even had a high minus net spend because we sold our 3 star players and bought no one.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
People keep making comments like this.
Do you REALLY not see any difference between what United and City have done?

I think we'll struggle to explain it to you if you've not picked up on it by now.
If your a rouge state, or a company investing in a rouge state I really don’t see the difference no, money is money it gets invested and multiplied. You won when you had good owners and an unbelievable generation of players, time have changed, money wins, no one really cares where the money is generated.

Just Hope

No Madrid fan will support Barca, Lewandowski or not, and there are many people who dislike Barca in general. With Bayern many Poles will not support a German team regardless of a Polish player either, though they did get more support due to Lewandowski.

I don’t know many non-United fans here that hate or even dislike City. Many seem to find a reason to like them: Barca fans because of Pep, other English club fans because they represent PL and they are United rivals. And even when they can’t find a reason to genuinely like them, they don’t actually dislike them and will support them when they are playing their rivals (eg pretty much everyone I know that wasn’t a Madrid fan rooted for them in the semis).

I also don’t really know many people here that care about their financial history. It bothers UK based fans because they are closer to it but your average European fan won’t be equally bothered by it.
City is more like Espanyol, Liverpool are our main rivals. It sucks that city won but it is what it is.

Eric_the_Red99

What can we do? We can expect the authorities to get off their collective arses and actually enforce the rules that everyone else has to follow, that’s what. Stop comparing the City situation to United’s dominant era. We didn’t cheat, it’s as simple as that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If your a rouge state, or a company investing in a rouge state I really don’t see the difference no, money is money it gets invested and multiplied. You won when you had good owners and an unbelievable generation of players, time have changed, money wins, no one really cares where the money is generated.
Well clearly the league do, unless you missed the 115 charges?
Do you tend to miss things easily?

(i'm going to assume you're not on the windup talking about rouge, (i.e. something red) as opposed to rogue (eg dishonest) ) :lol:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Well clearly the league do, unless you missed the 115 charges?
Do you tend to miss things easily?

(i'm going to assume you're not on the windup talking about rouge, (i.e. something red) as opposed to rogue (eg dishonest) ) :lol:
I’m on the beer it’s hot, leave me alone :D :confused:.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Spurs fans being WUMs on this forum shocker.
I'm not sure it's a wind up, I think it's actually, without being rude, utter ignorance being shown.
Seems odd to air it on a United forum though instead of to a dipsh!t mate in the park