City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

Zen86

I’m glad City have overthrown the football aristocracy. It was really boring before when the same teams were winning the league all the time.

Yakuza_devils

I hate to say this. Financial doping aside. City successes are not only down to financial doping. They have the best in class for football structure and manager. These combinations are the perfect storm for their successes. Of course money helped but they are not the biggest spenders. Yes I'm looking at ourselves, Chelsea, PSG and Barcelona who are the joke of the football world. And we are the worst. Hope SJR could change all these.

I hate to say this. Financial doping aside. City successes are not only down to financial doping. They have the best in class for football structure and manager.
They have the best in class because of financial doping man. They came in, saw Barca were doing it best, targeted all the top men, have likely paid them all a kings ransom and given them all the money they can wish to build a conveyor belt academy etc.

It’s all due to financial doping man, it can’t be separated.

SER19

I hate to say this. Financial doping aside. City successes are not only down to financial doping. They have the best in class for football structure and manager. These combinations are the perfect storm for their successes. Of course money helped but they are not the biggest spenders. Yes I'm looking at ourselves, Chelsea, PSG and Barcelona who are the joke of the football world. And we are the worst. Hope SJR could change all these.
How can you possibly not see that without the financial doping, there was as much chance of guardiola going to city as there was of him going to stoke? Its like saying the olympian who won gold while doped to his eyes also won because trained well and had good equipment.

Everything, everything, everything begins with the cheating and this slightly better Bundesliga shit show of a league has never been worse. City hardly even try in the league now and still win it - overtaking teams when normal clubs get battered by fatigue. The only thing they get credit for, is that while cheating, they cheated well in terms of the players they bought. And even then they have plenty of duds that didnt really matter.

It is beyond comprehensible now that any person with an interest in the PL think its anything but a shit show, with the media helping to cover the massive blue elephant in the room. That and some sort of weird guardiola fetish plenty of people, including united fans, have. We're watching probably the biggest scandal ever in british football and its being celebrated.

SER19

They have the best in class because of financial doping man. They came in, saw Barca were doing it best, targeted all the top men, have likely paid them all a kings ransom and given them all the money they can wish to build a conveyor belt academy etc.

It’s all due to financial doping man, it can’t be separated.
Come on, dont pretend these people didnt want to leave Barcelona for a no-mark club in the north of England. Ya it would be like poaching florentino perez to go to Bournemouth this summer, but why would that be suspicious

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
1 charge not dealt with would taint achievements, but 115 not dealt with as they stroll to a treble is just hilariously ridiculous.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Obviously loads of money can be wasted getting the wrong staff and signings, but there's almost a loosening on what they've done these days.
Talk of how we've "unspent" them, and people seemingly forgetting exactly what they did to start their "project" up.

Whenever you want a laugh remember they're trying to claim they have the same or higher merchandising and revenue than us!
We've messed a lot up, but our operation commercially is incredible. You don't replicate that in a decade with about 1/1000th of the fanbase.

Reddevildans

Its all about Pep. He's in a class of his own. Once he goes I hope we see them fall a way (even slightly down 1 level) thus giving others hope. We just need to get our shit together and capitalise. Hate to admit it but his football and citys structure is far superior to anyone's in the league. We were never really competing even though we finished 2nd a few times lets be honest.

SER19

1 charge not dealt with would taint achievements, but 115 not dealt with as they stroll to a treble is just hilariously ridiculous.
Its farcical. Just imagine an athlete sweeping the board at this years Olympics while theres an out standing doping charge. The idea is just so preposterous it doesnt even make sense to think about - but in arguably the biggest sport in the world, you have a team getting more and more dominant year after year while nearly decades old cheating accusations hang over them. I genuinely believe the next season should be delayed until this is resolved - the competition has zero credibility, and the longer it goes on, the more damaging it becomes to actually punish them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Its farcical. Just imagine an athlete sweeping the board at this years Olympics while theres an out standing doping charge. The idea is just so preposterous it doesnt even make sense to think about - but in arguably the biggest sport in the world, you have a team getting more and more dominant year after year while nearly decades old cheating accusations hang over them. I genuinely believe the next season should be delayed until this is resolved - the competition has zero credibility, and the longer it goes on, the more damaging it becomes to actually punish them.
When you think there was a lot of this "integrity of the competition" talk with covid recently, it is probably daft this is boring on for years.

Some would argue it's super complex, City's lawyers are obviously making a mockery of it, but I wonder what would happen if the whole league united in boycotting playing games until they were punished. Impossible to happen i know.

Salford_Red83

4 in a row yet you can’t help but feel like no one really cares about them? :lol:
Right? What an achievement it would be had it occurred naturally.

It's not exactly an achievement to do what they have in the way that they have.

Nobody cares when a spoilt brat uses their daddy's credit card to buy whatever they want, whenever they want.

It's boring and not something to be proud about.

Nicolarra90

All that begins with the financial doping.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Where @NicolaSacco to tell us how state ownership has been good for competition? :lol:

About to win 6 in 7.

I mean, just listen to how absurd the idea is to begin with, a bunch of football businesses are doing battle with the oil state of Abu Dhabi.
Have you literally been waiting for Liverpool and Arsenal to lose a game in order to post that?

C'est Moi Cantona

What is almost as farcical as what City are doing, is what the media are not doing. They need to grow a spine and at least start mentioning this on regular basis, it can easily be done without legal implications, but it's basically as if it's not happening when you hear most of them.

I was to listening to some guy on Sky this morning going on about it been fair that Ten Hag got grilled on us about to have our worst ever Prem season, 'because that is our job' and 'it is what the public expect us to do', well he's right, but spare me this holier than thou crap unless you're able to do with the what should currently be the biggest story in football.

SER19

What is almost as farcical as what City are doing, is what the media are not doing. They need to grow a spine and at least start mentioning this on regular basis, it can easily be done without legal implications, but it's basically as if it's not happening when you hear most of them.

I was to listening to some guy on Sky this morning going on about it been fair that Ten Hag got grilled on us about to have our worst ever Prem season, 'because that is our job' and 'it is what the public expect us to do', well he's right, but spare me this holier than thou crap unless you're able to do with the what should currently be the biggest story in football.
Its awful, and so transparent. The premier league is the golden goose of all of these sports outlets. Its painful to watch them just pretending its fine - the same creeps will probably be asking to be on the huge expose that will eventually be released about whats happened. I've said it before, and i'll say it again, I think its the biggest story in sport and the media are pretty much tiptoeing around it with vague excuses about not interfering. There's no legal reason to not actively call out just how much the league is undermined by this still going. There have been people calling out for it to stop since 2009 - thats 15 years ago!

'Best league in the world' has become their trademark. We're all supposed to be grateful for 'what Pep has done for the game.'

These guys, like Neville, are cowards - spineless guys wary of where the next payday will come from and probably in the pocket of Mansour. Carragher is the only one with balls

Have you literally been waiting for Liverpool and Arsenal to lose a game in order to post that?
No, I posted 5 years ago that 3 decades of domination like we’ve never seen before in England were ahead of us.
Every football business is now competing with the oil state of Abu Dhabi, was always inevitable. Only Newcastle can prevent it I’d say.

C'est Moi Cantona

Its awful, and so transparent. The premier league is the golden goose of all of these sports outlets. Its painful to watch them just pretending its fine - the same creeps will probably be asking to be on the huge expose that will eventually be released about whats happened. I've said it before, and i'll say it again, I think its the biggest story in sport and the media are pretty much tiptoeing around it with vague excuses about not interfering. There's no legal reason to not actively call out just how much the league is undermined by this still going. There have been people calling out for it to stop since 2009 - thats 15 years ago!

'Best league in the world' has become their trademark. We're all supposed to be grateful for 'what Pep has done for the game.'

These guys, like Neville, are cowards - spineless guys wary of where the next payday will come from and probably in the pocket of Mansour. Carragher is the only one with balls
I still shudder at watching that gawd awful Sky Sunday Supplement programme, which basically consisted of the main names in the media having a big plate of breakfast pastries in front of them whilst sounding as smug as hell for about an hour and a half every week.

The stories about how wonderfully well City looked after them stood out at the time, which bascially is all we need to know.

SER19

I still shudder at watching that gawd awful Sky Sunday Supplement programme, which basically consisted of the big names in the media sounding as smug as hell for about an hour and a half every week.

The stories about how wonderfully well City looked after them stood out at the time, which bascially is all we need to know.
Ya ive heard this type of thing from several people. If youre the average hack, keeping your head above water, the sheikh can keep you onside very easily

Nicolarra90

Some people want to find “genius” in what city have done, when they’ve basically seen Barça and gone, “let’s do that, let’s throw all the money imaginable at doing exactly that, starting with getting all of their top brass in to implement it”.
Hopefully they don't find the next Guardiola or else by 2040 they will be the top winners of England.

Flying high

Probably win another treble. As much as no one cares, how much longer can the rest of football sit back and watch this joke carry on?
I know it's frustrating, but it's been said for a long time that the hearing will be towards the end of this year. Until then, the media will continue to tiptoe around the subject because they don't want to get sued.

Everyone in football, apart from 115 fc, want it done sooner. But we have to give the PL the benefit of the doubt until then. These things can go badly wrong if they try to rush. As long as they're kicked out of the league and the owners barred from running a club in this country when it's done, then we can all get back to competitive football once more.

Hopefully they don't find the next Guardiola or else by 2040 they will be the top winners of England.
They’ll find whatever it takes, they’ll be no giving a manager time, or waiting till it’s cheaper to sack. And make no mistake, if Alonso or anyone else looks like the new top manager, they’ll pay whatever it takes.

They’ll be dominant as feck, because well, they are a state. It’s like fighting the US military with a spud gun.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
No, I posted 5 years ago that 3 decades of domination like we’ve never seen before in England were ahead of us.
Every football business is now competing with the oil state of Abu Dhabi, was always inevitable. Only Newcastle can prevent it I’d say.
Odd coincidence that you chose today to make that post!

I think it just *feels* like it will be 3 decades to you, I certainly don’t see it like that. You only have to look at Chelsea, Utd and even the Barca of the last 5 years, to see that spending absurd amounts of money does not always equate to success. City have all their ducks lined up right now, only one of which is financial firepower. The worst thing that could happen to the Prem is to have a Bayern/PSG style decade-plus of domination, but I don’t expect that to happen.

Withnail

I know it's frustrating, but it's been said for a long time that the hearing will be towards the end of this year. Until then, the media will continue to tiptoe around the subject because they don't want to get sued.

Everyone in football, apart from 115 fc, want it done sooner. But we have to give the PL the benefit of the doubt until then. These things can go badly wrong if they try to rush. As long as they're kicked out of the league and the owners barred from running a club in this country when it's done, then we can all get back to competitive football once more.
I truly admire your optimism.

Flying high

I truly admire your optimism.
That has to be the minimum. City's owners have not only systematically cooked the books since they got here, they've also made it as difficult as possible for football authorities to bring them to justice.

Anything less would be totally useless.

Withnail

That has to be the minimum. City's owners have not only systematically cooked the books since they got here, they've also made it as difficult as possible for football authorities to bring them to justice.

Anything less would be totally useless.
I'm well aware. I'm just not convinced they won't weasel their way out of it with some absolute bullshit technicality.

I think it just *feels* like it will be 3 decades to you, I certainly don’t see it like that. You only have to look at Chelsea, Utd and even the Barca of the last 5 years, to see that spending absurd amounts of money does not always equate to success.
The difference is that all of those teams have to live with their bad spending decisions, and the likes of Barca have pulled every lever imaginable to stay afloat due to them. Chelsea’s decisions have hurt them so much they’ve had to accept a manager having them as a mid table team for an entire season. The players are playing regardless of their performances, whilst Jack Grealish can be another in a long line of players just unfancied for weeks or months, in the case of Stones, seasons because they don’t have to live with their “misses”.
United keep managers on until they miss CL football, to make it cheaper to sack.

That’s the difference with an oil state, it’s a bottomless pit and you’re beyond naive if you don’t see massive domination from a state with a bottomless pit of money.

Their rise to domination was inevitable, like nothing we’ve ever seen before but 100% inevitable due to their financial strength; so why on Earth would they suddenly not be inevitable when they are a fecking oil state, playing a game against businesses.