City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

CoopersDream

Yes.

How many of their signings have you thought we'd have happily paid more than that?

Somehow there are clubs out there that don't want to maximise their transfer fees when dealing with city.
You thought that Villa didn't maximize when they got more than £100m for Grealish? When Leipzig got close to £80m for Gvardiol? Or when Wolves got £53m for Nunes?

Instead of answering a question with a question, why don't you list all these suspiciously low fees?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
It's not (just) the fees, it's the wages as well. Just like everyone shoves down your throat what a bargain Haaland was.

CoopersDream

It's not (just) the fees, it's the wages as well. Just like everyone shoves down your throat what a bargain Haaland was.
Hasn't it been reported that Haaland made something in the region of £850k a week last season after all the bonuses he triggered because of the treble? Do you think he actually made twice that much but half of it was done under the table? Which of their reported wages seems weirdly low?

Another aspect of it, which I guess is overseen a lot on here, is that players actually want to play for City these days as they give them the best opportunity to win stuff. When a good player signs for us, however, they know they're probably not gonna win a lot so they might as well get as much money as they can from it. 15 years ago the situations were reversed, they payed their mediocre players as much as we payed our players that at the time were amongst the best in the world.

Flying high

You thought that Villa didn't maximize when they got more than £100m for Grealish? When Leipzig got close to £80m for Gvardiol? Or when Wolves got £53m for Nunes?

Instead of answering a question with a question, why don't you list all these suspiciously low fees?
I don't think it's a coincidence that 2 of those you list are from PL clubs. Grealish was clearly not the example of them under paying so why bring him up?

CoopersDream

I don't think it's a coincidence that 2 of those you list are from PL clubs. Grealish was clearly not the example of them under paying so why bring him up?
Again, instead of answering a question with another question why don't you list all these players that they didn't pay enough for?

Flying high

Again, instead of answering a question with another question why don't you list all these players that they didn't pay enough for?
Dias, Rodri, Alvarez off the top of my head.

But you bring up Grealish. I have to wonder why.

Hammondo

Yes.

How many of their signings have you thought we'd have happily paid more than that?

Somehow there are clubs out there that don't want to maximise their transfer fees when dealing with city.
But they didn't buy big named players, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

CoopersDream

Rodri? The one they triggered a buy out clause for over £60m when Atleti payed less than a third of that just a year before? Seems really suspicious, yes.

Dias? The defender they payed well over £60m for from Benfica? Why would he have been any more expensive? Do you think United payed suspicously little for Bruno as well?

Alvarez? That's good scouting. Kind of like when we bought Chicharito back in the day. Alvarez had played like one full season of senior football when they bought him. There's no reason for him to have been much more expensive.

Do you have any more examples?

Hammondo

Rodri at 63m, no idea how at the time that's under priced. Alvarez was bought from a very poor south American team who he was loaned back to,

"with an initial fee reported of €68 million (£61.64 million) that could rise to €71.6 million with performance bonuses"

How was that underpriced?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

Dais was £60 mil (for a young centre back from a Portuguese club), Rodri was them paying a release clause. Neither of them can be described as "paying suspiciously cheap prices", can they?

Don't get me wrong, I am sure Man City are up to their necks in dirt but "paying suspiciously low transfer fees" doesn't really seem a reasonable claim.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Hasn't it been reported that Haaland made something in the region of £850k a week last season after all the bonuses he triggered because of the treble? Do you think he actually made twice that much but half of it was done under the table? Which of their reported wages seems weirdly low?

Another aspect of it, which I guess is overseen a lot on here, is that players actually want to play for City these days as they give them the best opportunity to win stuff. When a good player signs for us, however, they know they're probably not gonna win a lot so they might as well get as much money as they can from it. 15 years ago the situations were reversed, they payed their mediocre players as much as we payed our players that at the time were amongst the best in the world.
I think you'll find players care less about wages and what a team is winning today.

A survey of 100 players showed the number one concern for players when choosing where to go, is club history and size of fan base.

decorativeed

I’d forgotten how angry you were! Just put me on ignore, fella, at the very least it will be good for your blood pressure!
If that's the only comment you have on that whole post, I think you have to concede they are making at least one point you can't refute.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
If that's the only comment you have on that whole post, I think you have to concede they are making at least one point you can't refute.
Tell me honestly that you would engage with that chap’s angry ranting! More fool you if you would. I’ve tried to respond to every post on here, whether I agree with it or not, and I’ve remained polite. I’ll engage on that basis with absolutely anyone, but I draw the line at posters with zero emotional regulation, posters who can apparently effortlessly spot the bias in other people’s arguments, but don’t have the basic self awareness needed to recognise it in themselves. I think I’ll pass!

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I think you'll find players care less about wages and what a team is winning today.

A survey of 100 players showed the number one concern for players when choosing where to go, is club history and size of fan base.
It’s actually ‘ability to waken a sleeping giant’ that they go for!

I’d forgotten how angry you were! Just put me on ignore, fella, at the very least it will be good for your blood pressure!
There’s nothing angry in that post is there? Not that I can see.
He actually makes some good points about how uncompetitive the state owned monstrosity have made the league and cups.

Seems you responded in that way as you couldn’t really refute his points so tried some form of gaslighting by claiming him to be angry?

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
There’s nothing angry in that post is there? Not that I can see.
He actually makes some good points about how uncompetitive the state owned monstrosity have made the league and cups.

Seems you responded in that way as you couldn’t really refute his points so tried some form of gaslighting by claiming him to be angry?
His literal first sentence is that i’m
‘Shrouded in bitterness’. If you don’t think that’s an angry, ad hominem attack then I don’t know what to say.

I have tried to respond to the points he raised, on other replies to other posters (there’s a lot of replication of arguments so I’m not avoiding anything).

As for the competitiveness issue, City have done nothing that hasn’t already been done by Utd. If you didn’t complain about it back in the 90s and 2000s, yet you are complaining about it now, then I think you need to be honest and say it’s not the competitiveness that’s the real problem, it’s the fact that the dominant team is not Utd.

alexthelion

Tell me honestly that you would engage with that chap’s angry ranting! More fool you if you would. I’ve tried to respond to every post on here, whether I agree with it or not, and I’ve remained polite. I’ll engage on that basis with absolutely anyone, but I draw the line at posters with zero emotional regulation, posters who can apparently effortlessly spot the bias in other people’s arguments, but don’t have the basic self awareness needed to recognise it in themselves. I think I’ll pass!
What angry ranting?

Methinks you're seeing something you want to see, not what's actually there.

ShinjiNinja26

As for the competitiveness issue, City have done nothing that hasn’t already been done by Utd. If you didn’t complain about it back in the 90s and 2000s, yet you are complaining about it now, then I think you need to be honest and say it’s not the competitiveness that’s the real problem, it’s the fact that the dominant team is not Utd.
What absolute drivel. Please enlighten us all when did Utd repeatedly break the rules and over inflate sponsorships etc. in the 90’s and 2000’s??

Gazautd18

You think you ‘get it’ but you’re so shrouded in bitterness that you actually don’t get it at all.

What you’re talking about isn’t greater opportunities for all, it’s less opportunities for United (in your head) which makes you happy.

Take the league cup for example, this being the trophy that used to regularly give smaller clubs the chance of silverware. Over the last 11 seasons city have won that trophy 6 times. Which has left space for United x2 Chelsea x1 Liverpool x2 and nobody else.

The previous 11 seasons saw wins for Swansea, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Birmingham.

Since their takeover only Arsenal x4 and Chelsea x4 have won the FA cup more times than City x3 and they have won 4 of the last 5 leagues and 6 of the last 11 league titles. To my reconning that would give them 15 of the last 33 domestic trophies….for a club who hadn’t won anything for 35 years prior….whilst all kinds of clubs actually were winning trophies, the likes of Oxford, Wimbledon, Sheffield weds, Luton, Forrest, Blackburn, Leicester, Villa, Swansea, Middlesbrough and Birmingham etc.

City have merely stopped other clubs winning trophies that they didn’t win prior purely down to how badly run they were for decades, similar to our last decade. We’ve won what we’ve deserved…not much. Which is how football should be.

It’s also worth noting that United have NOT won the league for 33 of the last 46 years. We have never dominated the league, except in ultimately two periods of deserved sustained success under two great managers. Which again is how football should be.

United are exactly where we deserve to be. Don’t be blinded by your hatred. City being relegated and being made to obey rules is better for smaller clubs than it is United. We will always be successful when we sort our own club out. Get the back room staff right and get the manager right, give them time.

You’re unconcerned by one club cheating rules that all other clubs are adhering to, because it stops united. Reverse that….United are the ones breaking the rules…still unconcerned? Didn’t think so.
Great post.

OverratedOpinion

When did Utd breach the rules of the league and manipulate financial agreements to cover it up?

Utd were only the biggest spenders in the league 3 times between 1992 and 2014.

There’s clear bitterness in your postings on this subject, calling that out isn’t an angry reaction, it’s calling a spade a spade.

Oh Yeah, all us United fans were desperate to make the league anti competitive and get taken over by BSkyB.

Oh wait….

C'est Moi Cantona

Not been following what else you wrote, but surely you are on the wind up with this?

Everybody accepts that success is comes in cycles, but what no one can accept is a club doing it through breaking all the rules, and all for the ultimate gain of sportswashing, as lets face it their owners never gave a toss about City the football club, how is this good for football in any way?

United have actually been fortunate, as City's 'success' has come when we have been at our worst for decades, it's Liverpool it's stopped in their tracks who should have been winning way more than they have.

Grundig

His literal first sentence is that i’m
‘Shrouded in bitterness’. If you don’t think that’s an angry, ad hominem attack then I don’t know what to say.

I have tried to respond to the points he raised, on other replies to other posters (there’s a lot of replication of arguments so I’m not avoiding anything).

Spot on

Not been following what else you wrote, but surely you are on the wind up with this?

Everybody accepts that success is comes in cycles, but what no one can accept is a club doing it through breaking all the rules, and all for the ultimate gain of sportswashing, as lets face it their owners never gave a toss about City the football club, how is this good for football in any way?

United have actually been fortunate, as City's 'success' has come when we have been at our worst for decades, it's Liverpool it's stopped in their tracks who should have been winning way more than they have.
It’s an utterly bizarre argument, as if we’d be complaining now about anti competitiveness and cheating if Liverpool were the dominant team, with Leicester, Spurs, Liverpool & Arsenal winning leagues since SAF retired.
Makes absolutely zero sense.

It’s as though City stopped our dominance rather than things post Fergie going back to how they were pre Fergie.

Odd.

In fact, how anyone can argue it’s a good thing for an entire state to own a football club and for competitiveness is absolutely nuts.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
What absolute drivel. Please enlighten us all when did Utd repeatedly break the rules and over inflate sponsorships etc. in the 90’s and 2000’s??
Didn't say that they did. Nor do I think that they did. I was talking about football achievements like winning the treble, winning three premier leagues in a row, multiple CL finals in a short space of time. If you look you’ll see I was clearly responding to a post about competitiveness, not financial fair play. So my point stands. Everything City have won has been done already by Utd.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
There’s clear bitterness in your postings on this subject, calling that out isn’t an angry reaction, it’s calling a spade a spade.

Oh Yeah, all us United fans were desperate to make the league anti competitive and get taken over by BSkyB.

Oh wait….
Ha ha, ‘clear bitterness’. I think you are projecting there, fella.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Hope they're guilty but Pep will go down as probably the best manager in history and KDB is probably the best PL midfielder at this point.

City are financial dopers in my eyes, but take nothing away from their recruitment.

Grundig

Absolutely braindead post.

Joins the caf, makes 6 posts, 5 of them about City & painting City as innocent, half of the pointing the finger instead at United. The other post taking the piss out of the level of player United can sign.
Could you be any more see-through? stop pretending to a United fan, you’re a City fan here on nothing more than wind up, and you’re absolutely terrible at it.
I do not care that you call me a City-fan. I am just sick and tired of people like you talking about things they have not a clue about. You talk about cheap signings indicating that City officially pay one transfer fee while paying more under the table. That means that the 56 clubs City has bought players from the last 16 years has been part of the fraud accepting money under the table. Don't you understand how braindead that argument is ?

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Nothing serves as a better admission of guilt than seeing the overcompensating sportswashing fans trying to derail this thread. They know, deep down, that the success of the soulless institution that usurped their football club is hollow and fraudulent. Otherwise they wouldn’t feel this giant need to reassure themselves by telling each other how great they are and the need to explain to their enemies how fair everything was. They aren’t trying to convince anyone from us. They are trying to convince themselves.

Last edited:

OverratedOpinion

in which the context was about competitiveness, not spending. Apooogies if that wasn’t obvious, but it’s been cleared up now.
Even then if someone takes issue with someones accomplishments because of the underhanded way in which they were achieved would you not say that is slightly different then just being annoyed that they are winning and you aren't?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I’ve no idea how you reach that conclusion from my post? I felt it was researched and reasoned with plenty of acceptance of Uniteds current position, our history and how I feel succes in football should be achieved.

Perhaps the fact that im Not desperate for United to dominate and therefore confirm your preconceived notions puts you at a loss?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
No idea how this fits my post either :houllier:

I do not care that you call me a City-fan. I am just sick and tired of people like you talking about things they have not a clue about. You talk about cheap signings indicating that City officially pay one transfer fee while paying more under the table. That means that the 56 clubs City has bought players from the last 16 years has been part of the fraud accepting money under the table. Don't you understand how braindead that argument is ?
It’s braindead if you think the extra money went to those clubs rather than the agents and the player/manager (eg. Mancini).

Not sure where I’ve talked about cheap signings, you’ve just made that part up lad.

But sure, 115 charges… nothing to see here :lol:

Get out you City wum.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Y
Even then if someone takes issue with someones accomplishments because of the underhanded way in which they were achieved would you not say that is slightly different then just being annoyed that they are winning and you aren't?
Yes and I’d have sympathy with those for whom this is *genuinely* about fairness and consistent respect for the rules. But I have less sympathy for those who hide behind that reasoning when this is just about your rivals going through a period of success whilst your team stagnates.