g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
@padr81 is sound and seems to actually love City as a club rather than only the bland iteration born in 2008. Probably one of the 2 City fans in the world you can actually have a conversation with - the other being Nedum Onuoha
Legit! Don’t agree with all they say but actually seem like a sound poster.

Pughnichi

Genuine question…Has anyone met a city fan that is concerned by what might happen?

I don’t know a single one. They’re the victim and in complete denial about even the slightest of questionable activity.

I mean, I think I would be at least concerned if it was us. There has been a history of Utd being made an example of.

T_Model101

Genuine question…Has anyone met a city fan that is concerned by what might happen?

I don’t know a single one. They’re the victim and in complete denial about even the slightest of questionable activity.

I mean, I think I would be at least concerned if it was us. There has been a history of Utd being made an example of.
Its the arrogance and righteous indignation that does it for me. And that comes from the culture at that organization, they haven't given a toss about any of these investigations.

If they aren't relegated, then I am probably done with the Premier League and as someone else has discussed on here, it will be like severing a limb.
But why should the Premier League continue with this charade at the expense of every other club? Just so they can dominate like Bayern every year

SuperiorXI

I know a fair few city fans and for the most part it's a case of innocent until proven guilty. Until then they will enjoy it as though it is all perfectly organic and above board. I think deep down though a lot of city fans will know what their club has done is nowhere close to organic and above board, it stinks rotten and if there's no smoke without fire there's a raging inferno somewhere at the Etihad.

K Stand Knut

I haven’t met anyone that is concerned.

I think there is a general acceptance that they have what is coming to them and will accept it without saying much.

I’ve got a few mates who, in their defence are decent fans and have been going since they were kids. They just seem content that they’ve had what they’ve had in the past 15 years and still enjoy going to the games, which they’ll continue to do when it is all over.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers

Why would they be concerned? They go back to being sh!t. No amount of penalty will take away the experience of the highs they have had.
Will they see the advert of Aguerooooooo on Sky and have a bad taste in the mouth? I doubt it.
At best they would have been a mid table premier league club. YOLO

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Why would they be concerned? They go back to being sh!t. No amount of penalty will take away the experience of the highs they have had.
Will they see the advert of Aguerooooooo on Sky and have a bad taste in the mouth? I doubt it.
At best they would have been a mid table premier league club. YOLO
I'm sure that more than a few would be concerned about the prospect of being relegated multiple divisions but the rest is spot on, no matter what happens you can't take away the experiences and memories

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

If you read beyond your own posts you might notice @padr81 is City and repeatedly on this actual thread says how he believes they will and should get punished.

RedRocket9908

I think there are some who are concerned but most are adament they are innocent despite not knowing what they have actually been charged with and recon its all down to some mythical red cartel thats out to get them.

C'est Moi Cantona

I personally think it will be a huge fine and large points deduction going into next season (20 points or something like that).

Relegating them would start the mother of all legal appeals and I don't think the Premier League has the stomach for that.

I keep reading stuff like this, but if the PL don't have the stomach for it, and are going to just fine them and take a few points off them, then why bring the charges in the first place? Or at least why bring so many?

115 charges then a fine + 20 points off will never cut it, so the only way out for PL I can see is finding them innocent, or a full blown punishment.

RedRocket9908

I keep reading stuff like this, but if the PL don't have the stomach for it, and are going to just fine them and take a few points off them, then why bring the charges in the first place? Or at least why bring so many?

115 charges then a fine + 20 points off will never cut it, so the only way out for PL I can see is finding them innocent, or a full blown punishment.
It isnt the Premier League's decision, it is the decision of the independant panel who will here the case.

Pughnichi

If you read beyond your own posts you might notice @padr81 is City and repeatedly on this actual thread says how he believes they will and should get punished.
Thanks for pointing that out. I had read that post and thought it very honest. The question raised because outside of padr81 and in my own circles it’s an opinion that doesn’t seem to be shared

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thanks for pointing that out. I had read that post and thought it very honest. The question raised because outside of padr81 and in my own circles it’s an opinion that doesn’t seem to be shared
You're right, I dare say most City fans will say its a conspiracy or not true etc.
Makes padr a particularly interesting poster on the subject.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

This is the big thing I keep thinking.
They could easily have just swerved this and turned the same blind eye they had for 15 years anyway.
To raise the charges and not fulfil the punishments would just make them look utter chumps.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
They’re the Donald Trump of football.

We need a poll.

- Strip all titles, transfer ban and hefty points deduction but stay in the league.

- Relegation to the bottom tier

Those are the kind of punishments they should be facing. As with Trump, Everyone has been numbed to the reality of the crimes through (oddly) the magnitude of them, the number of them, and crucially, how long it’s gone on for.

I don’t say this because it’s City. I’m not from
Manchester. I don’t have genuine animosity for them that goes back decades. I’m a fan that has had to learn and glean that rivalry through a 36 year support of the club. Liverpool was instant. I went to school with dozens of mates supporting Liverpool. They’d been successful for a couple of decades and we’d not won a lot. My Dad had to tell me about United through the lens of what his own Dad told him. He still spoke about George Best. All my Liverpool supporting mates had fathers who’d seen them win 4 European Cup Finals in the years just before and after I was born. Some of my mates had older brothers that were old enough to remember their ‘84 win. They were bloody everywhere. A core group of mates would wear Liverpool shirts to football when I was 12-16. I wore my United shirt. I had to put a bib on over the top to play ‘Red vs Bibs’. In my face every single week from the age of 8-17. Yeah we won a lot from ‘92 onwards but I was always outnumbered.

To a lesser extent, I collected a dislike of Leeds as it was a big deal in the last ever season before the PL. Sky played it up after we bought Cantona. Kind of assimilated it into my support.

All this to say I don’t have some deep rooted hatred of City. They didn’t ever really mean anything for the first two decades of my support. To me, they’re just a football club that’s cheated and needs to be punished adequately. It should be a massive punishment. Juventus/Rangers style. Not a bloody fine that sees the PL save face. Purely on a corporate level they’ve acted criminally. They’ve destroyed the sport.

But, time has done a lot of heavy lifting and I doubt they’ll get even 1% of the punishment they should face.

Oranges038

This is the only fair punishment, basically the same as what happened to Rangers in the SPL. Booted out the Prem and made to reapply to the EFL, who then decide where in the pyramid they join (the bottom tier).
I keep reading people say relegation. But this is my understanding.

It cannot happen like that, they can only give a points deduction that guarantees relegation from the PL.

Or they kick them out of the PL, at which point they have to re apply to the football league who will decide which level they can enter at. Could be anywhere from the Championship to level 7-9 on the pyramid which is the Northern Premier league or the North West Counties league or something like that.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I will cancel Sky sports.
Already have. A while ago. It’s quite liberating, not tying yourself to try and watch every game to get your moneys worth and arranging your life around football. Don’t miss it a bit. If I want to watch a match, I’ll walk round the corner to the pub and have a couple of beers.

Zen86

The government will be involved and putting pressure on behind the scenes, which exemplifies the problem of states owning football clubs.

tomaldinho1

I know one guy who is die hard fan from birth and is like 50 now, he has the badge tattoo'd on his leg and is basically what the stereotype of big overweight boozy brits are like. He's the only person who doesn't like what they are now form the City fans I know (admittedly there aren't loads and many now are kids who also seem to support Real Madrid and Inter Miami) because he basically misses Maine Road and having more local lads in the team. I last saw him a few months ago and he was genuinely hopeful of some kind of punishment because he wants them to have to use the academy players more. I didn't have the heart to point out it's likely most of the kids there these days are not local or just some rich guy/former player's kids i.e. Darren Fletcher's sons who have moved across to United.

UTD_Since_1978

Will they ever be issued a punishment or do we have wait for Everton to get deducted a total of 100 points & every other PL team get deducted points before City get their £5000 fine & 1 point deduction?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We all suspect they'll get a lesser punishment than deserved. But 115 charges dropped that casually, as if :lol:

Hurrikeen

I think there’s going to be a lot of disappointment across the league when City are exonerated…

Tibs

In the end, City will get an apology and 9 point head start next season, or the season after that depending on when the FA decide to get on to it.