City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

hp88

They have got a seat at the top table now, the longer this goes on the more I am thinking they will get a slap on wrist, year long transfer ban and a fine ironically.

T_Model101

PL must be delighted with their product being won 4 times in a row for the first time ever.
Of course they are, cue the narrative
"You are watching the best PL team ever, drink it in, savour every moment of Peps genius and his rag tag bunch of £50M signings"

thisisnottaken1

"You are watching the best PL team ever, drink it in, savour every moment of Peps genius and his rag tag bunch of £50M signings"
Yup. That’s why I didn’t want them to win the title. The fawning is going to be unbearable.

Juicy Juiced

They have got a seat at the top table now, the longer this goes on the more I am thinking they will get a slap on wrist, year long transfer ban and a fine ironically.
That train had left the station few seasons ago.

They are face of the EPL, too big to fail. Everyone is wanking about them.

SER19

PL must be delighted with their product being won 4 times in a row for the first time ever.
Well they sold it to the highest bidder. What an utterly vacuous forced march following this league has become. There isn't even such thing as twists in a title race now, its just a truly soulless war of attrition where city's obscene squad wears everybody down. Somebody tell me a great iconic moment from these 4 titles in a row. It doesn't exist, its impossible to tell each season apart.

People were so consumed in their hatred of Fergusons United that they let this poisonous franchise destroy British football by cheating. They're cheats and everybody knows theyre cheats and it was enabled by such incompetence that they'll get away with it and football will die at last in a city coloured horror film of pretend excitement.

Its like people posting something crazy exciting on social media while actually sitting at home in the dark. That's what city have made football. A manufactured product for people will disposable income and no real care for the sport or integrity of it.

A vile club with vile little trolls as 'fans'

OldSchoolManc

Well they sold it to the highest bidder. What an utterly vacuous forced march following this league has become. There isn't even such thing as twists in a title race now, its just a truly soulless war of attrition where city's obscene squad wears everybody down. Somebody tell me a great iconic moment from these 4 titles in a row. It doesn't exist, its impossible to tell each season apart.

People were so consumed in their hatred of Fergusons United that they let this poisonous franchise destroy British football by cheating. They're cheats and everybody knows theyre cheats and it was enabled by such incompetence that they'll get away with it and football will die at last in a city coloured horror film of pretend excitement.

Its like people posting something crazy exciting on social media while actually sitting at home in the dark. That's what city have made football. A manufactured product for people will disposable income and no real care for the sport or integrity of it.

A vile club with vile little trolls as 'fans'
City have become the ultimate ABU for every other team’s supporters, all the while forgetting that their own team also has no chance of winning either.
City are the nuclear option

SER19

City have become the ultimate ABU for every other team’s supporters, all the while forgetting that their own team also has no chance of winning either.
City are the nuclear option
Spurs fan wearing a half and half shirt tonight. Spurs fans chanting about arsenal while about to miss CL. This is modern football and there's no turning it back. It's dictated by a disgusting sycophantic media stocked with yes men terrified of losing their pay check and tiny relevance

Zen86

They do that because they know the competition is a bag of shit that people are losing interest in.

Guy Incognito

The time to punish City was earlier in the season, same time as Everton and Forest.

The house will fall once Pep leaves and he'll feign surprise when they get properly charged.

SER19

Citys 4 in a row or Leicesters title? Which is the better underdog story?

Garnacho's Shoelaces

They're getting expelled from the EPL, either permanently or for a substantial time period likely 5+ years minimum.

EPL are both feet in with it. Evidence is overwhelming and already proven during the UEFA heating. They're finished.

OldSchoolManc

It’s soooo amazing that this lickle City underdog team that were in division 3 not long ago have overcome the odds to rise to the top!
Anyone can do it!*

*With unlimited state backing

Mullet_Man

It will be 5 in a row by the time all the appeals happen. The premier league could have punished them a lot sooner but they've now got so big they will just end up with a massive fine and a transfer ban for a season.

Heinzesight

The time to punish City was earlier in the season, same time as Everton and Forest.

The house will fall once Pep leaves and he'll feign surprise when they get properly charged.
As soon as Unscrupulous Pep gets an inkling City are going to hammered, he’ll be off sharpish.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Clinging to the hope that they will be punished.....but I think that hope is diminishing :(

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ester-city-arsenal-pep-guardiola-mikel-arteta

Either way, at some point – be it on Tuesday or the following Sunday – the strong likelihood is that City will be toasting another title, a sixth title in seven seasons, the sort of dynastic dominance English football fans have always liked to deride in other countries. Perhaps this is the true farmers’ league now: a league that was bought up and cultivated, and is now being harvested at leisure.

The outcome of the Premier League’s 115 charges against City remains some distant paradoxical point on the horizon: never actually getting closer, however much time passes. And in any case, the ultimate innocence or guilt of City is only really of tangential relevance here. The broader picture is that dominance on this scale, whether earned legally or illegally, whether earned through the patronage of a state or a mastery of regulatory fine print, comes with a cost to the spectacle as a whole.

Perhaps then the bewilderment about the title race is the sort that becomes inevitable when a league begins to revolve so thoroughly around one club. This is City’s universe now, and even when you push at the walls it is never entirely clear how much of it is real and how much projection.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Even if they get a point deduction sometime in the future they will still be unfortunately the best team in the history of the PL.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I know there’s an ongoing case but the fawning over pep and city doing 4 in a row as if nothing is happening in the background is mad. Ian Wright is the only pundit I’ve ever seen mention it

hp88

They're getting expelled from the EPL, either permanently or for a substantial time period likely 5+ years minimum.

EPL are both feet in with it. Evidence is overwhelming and already proven during the UEFA heating. They're finished.
I just think this has gone on for far too long, what exactly are they waiting for, 5th title in row ?

City know they're guilty but the way they go about their business it gives you the impression they're have got a free pass here.

askMeNice

Got a question cause I'm not born and raised in Manchester, I'm a foreigner, does it really matter ? I'll raise my son/daughter teaching them how money and cheating bought tittles in England for a worthless club called city, and still 9/10 titles they got and arsenal 13, for me it's just about the numbers.

And to be clear, yes, in my country I would care more if my "rival" and much hated political fascist born club won a title but I'm quite sure in about 10 years nobody will care. I see lot of different opinions so just curious about you guys what you think and feel.
All this pain I hope will wanish/ disappear over time and the tittle will be so juicy cause I have hope so...who cares about that plastic club

the_cliff

Well there's 4 in a row. Feckers.

Anybody expecting the PL/FA to somehow take all of these away are having a laugh. I doubt they'll even get a point deduction.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Part of me agrees, and the PL must be damn sure they’ve got something on them to come on so strong.

But then you read the charges, and isn’t it like 3 offences divided into numerous counts? So 50 counts of not providing financial info? Hard to see them stripping leagues and stuff

FujiVice

I remember BBC did a documentary with political commentator Michael Crick in 2002 because Fergie's son was an agent, and there might be a conflict of interest. The Daily Mirror under Piers Morgan wanted titles taken off us because we dropped out of the FA Cup to help England's bid for the 2006 World Cup. And you have pundits wanking themselves to death over actual cheats. Sickening how the game has gone.

OldSchoolManc

Four in a row

If this was United you can guarantee there'd be numerous exposes in the media rather than the circle jerk we see
The EPL is officially a joke.
Steamrollering has been allowed by the authorities and it can only get worse unless it is stopped NOW.
Otherwise, expect the next 30 years to be a battle between UAE and Saudi Arabia for who is doing the best washing.

Pickle85

Wishful thinking, unfortunately. The corrupt twats have essentially made the league a joke. No chance they get anything more than a hefty fine and a token points reduction (that sees them eventually finish no lower than 8th next season) at best. Genuinely think they could get away with it entirely at worst.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I know there’s an ongoing case but the fawning over pep and city doing 4 in a row as if nothing is happening in the background is mad. Ian Wright is the only pundit I’ve ever seen mention it
And he only does because it's suddenly his team affected by it.

C'est Moi Cantona

City must have threatened them with legal action if they step out of line.

It's farcical to listen to them not talking about though.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Don't worry, Pep's leaving soon and asterisks will be added to most, if not all their titles.