g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
According to this, they can't appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sports. Interesting.

For the first time ever, I actually have a feeling that something might really be done about City's unapologetic corruption.
No they can’t appeal. Oh there will be consequences- I suspect politicians want a get out clause for other shit coming down the line.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
City were an okay antagonist for a few seasons but ultimately they had zero charisma. They're clearly setting up a finale for next year where they get launched into the sun on one of Elon Musk's rockets (I know that's a separate show but we'll probably see a crossover episode).

But who will fill the void? It'll probably be Newcastle that take over as the "evil rich empire" and that's fine. They've spent the last few seasons as a strong supporting character, and they have a great following. Fully expect everyone to join forces to fight them, with Chelsea pulling off a mid season betrayal.

Basa1987

I think this also lays down a potential marker for Newcastle in what they can and cannot get away with. No random Saudi T-shirt sponsors for a billion dollars.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Cheers. What do you reckon a. will be the outcome of all this, and b. what should be the outcome?
Honestly I know we're guilty to some level, how guilty I don't know. I likely think most the charges will be fought but the ones on inflated sponsorship in that period is the big football related one, not to metion potential criminal proceedings.
For what the result could be, honestly, whatever the findings City need to take it on the chin.

I don't think the club will be stripped of titles nor thrown out of the league. I'd say somewhere between 30 point deduction, transfer ban and fine at best to relegation to the championship Serie A style, transfer band and fine at worst.
Hopefully when all is said and done it forces a change in ownership at the least.

For me I'd take the end of CFG and new owners (even if that brings the end of Pep) as a step in the right direction.

That said if the charges don't stick, consider me sportwashed again.

Infestissumam

I think this also lays down a potential marker for Newcastle in what they can and cannot get away with. No random Saudi T-shirt sponsors for a billion dollars.
not only that. Chelsea trying to bend every rule, United and Liverpool being for sale ... the league's reaction could very well set the tone for the next years and even centuries. The league simply can't drop the ball here.

Tibs

If they get a meaningful punishment, it will be a miracle.

croadyman

Makes you wonder about their transfers since the money came in,particularly ones like Haaland but wouldn't mind betting KDB one has under the table payments too

Wheato

Forget 3 in a row, we just won 3 titles in one day!!

Typical City. Only them lot could find themselves at the top of the tree, only to discover that it is made out of sand. The shower curtain has been pulled back and Bobby Ewing is still alive. It was all a load of bollix.

This period will forever be remembered as the ASTERIX years. And a little footnote at the bottom with a line about financial doping.

They are unequivocally done and dusted.

Loon

:lol:
At least we now know definitively what Fergie and Nesbitt were laughing at on his phone the other day.

FujiVice

1) Hate this idea. Feels hollow.

2) Much better, leaves a hole for the fans to remember what a disgustingly corrupt club they have
Sky and the Premier League wont go for number 2, sadly. Although its the funniest option. They need "THE STORIES!" and having a big hole in the middle of the Premier League's 30 year history is terrible for their PR/brand/sickening buzzwords

padr81

Supports
Man City
So Gerrard's slip didn't matter?
It shall be known as the great unslipping.

I can picture Stevie G in full kit wanker mode calling round Yaya Toures house demanding his medal. "Ya know, That's mine really ya know, ya know".

Amarsdd

Thought it was an open secret that their transfers (and salaries for that matter) have a lot more funds passing through hands than officially stated.
Yeah, that was a given. There's a reason you never saw the big big teams never come calling for their best players.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It shall be known as the great unslipping.

I can picture Stevie G in full kit wanker mode calling round Yaya Toures house demanding his medal. "Ya know, That's mine really ya know, ya know".
Jon Flanagan's already been on Twitter asking about parade's.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Yes exactly, that's why I'm surprised. Maybe the problem is that all the other leagues are cribbing about PL club spending and they need to do something to appease La Liga / Bundesliga / Serie A etc. It's not a very satisfying explanation though.

I still predict that nothing happens - maybe a slap on the wrist but nothing serious like titles being taken away.
It's more likely the other PL clubs are making the waves, the investigation has been going on for 4 years, before La Liga put it's own house in order - but who knows

padr81

Supports
Man City
Jon Flanagan's already been on Twitter asking about parade's.
:lol: 13/14 was the only season he played enough to qualify for a medalfor you guys iirc... dude is all in.

The reaction is gonna be mental if we win/bribe our way outta this one.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If you're innocent and have nothing to hide....why do you fail to cooperate in a simple PL investigation? It makes no sense.

If that was me as owner I'd be doing everything in my power to fully cooperate to make the PL look silly.

City have clearly been cooking the books and probably more on top.

PL needs to come down hard on them. How any of their league titles can stand if this sticks is beyond me. That's like allowing a 100m sprinter to keep their medals after failing a drugs test.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal

he didn't say "no"
It was very insulting to ask Pep this question. He has way too much integrity to take extra money under the table from City.

Now, arranging for City to help buy his brother a football club on the other hand...