g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

cyberman

According to this, they can't appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sports. Interesting.

For the first time ever, I actually have a feeling that something might really be done about City's unapologetic corruption.
Added to that every club In the league signs a document every year saying league punishments are final and they can’t take anything to an outside court.
Let’s just say City may as well have me as a lawyer

padr81

Supports
Man City
It was very insulting to ask Pep this question. He has way too much integrity to take extra money under the table from City.

Now, arranging for City to help buy his brother a football club on the other hand...
We've been through this already, Pere paid 6.5m for his share of Girona... The entire club sold for £13m. 44% City, 44% Pere and 12% going to the Supporters Trust.

Pere Guardiola is one of the main men at SEG, representing everyone from Pep to Ten Hag to Van Persie, not to mention popstars, actors etc... He was also Luis Suarez agent. The idea he hasn't got £6.5m to buy a stake in a football club is ridiculous. His net worth is something like €50m.

Gazza

As I said earlier on, I hope if we are found guilty we are punished a way that fits the crime, be it severe or not so severe. But I just want to point out that the reaction to this shows how pointless discussing it is. People want stripping off titles or a point deduction that is not pre-determined by the severity of the breaches in that period, but determined by where it would take us in the table, based on not even knowing what the breaches actually are for. That is completely normal fan behaviour, but it just shows that when the case gets to court, the only acceptable outcome for people would be if the club gets punished on the sporting side of it, and prefferably that other teams get an advantage because of it. But none of us are in a position to know whether anything other than a hefty fine is reasonable.

We may well be crooked to the ears, there is usually no smoke without fire, but I'm not even going to try and pretend that I understand the reach of the situations. The breaches are out there, information on how they are breached is incomplete and at this moment has to be considered vague. I want us to be fully exonorated, not on technicalities but because the club I support actually is innocent. If (and this is still a big if at the moment, despite peoples conviction that we must have cheated in some way) we are systematic cheaters we definitely need to get the book thrown at us, and I hope all the anger from me and my fellow fans gets directed at the people responsible for putting our club in the mud. There is nothing else that can be said at this point.

But I will point out that I believe allthough the amount of breaches seems massive, I'd wager quite a lot of Premier League teams would have gathered up a massive amount of breaches themselves IF subject to a 4-year extensive search going back in time. Doesn't mean we don't deserve what is coming, but since we are playing the guessing game anyway
you lot are unbelievable :lol:

JagUTD

What happens to the domestic cups they have won if they were to be stripped of their league titles?

You can't just hand them to the runner up as the reality is they shouldn't have even been in the finals at all. So how do you deal with that? Just null and void the entire thing for each season?

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
FA on this for four years. Political mood has changed. Euro discontent, super League etc. FA have to make this stick. It will end up that sports wash city style no longer possible in UK. Just guessing.

Gazza

he didn't say "no"
this was always a clip that stuck with me. He has the most obvious tactic to avoid answering the question: “how can you even ask me that question?” He could have said no at any point and never did. This ti me has always been a very informative clip and I just wish the journalist pushed back on Pep’s faux indignance.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
1) Hate this idea. Feels hollow.

2) Much better, leaves a hole for the fans to remember what a disgustingly corrupt club they have

3) This is the Rangers approach. I doubt it’ll be this.

4) Quite appealing.

5) Would rather they get shafted next season, doubt anything will be fished out this season anyway, will be a very long drawn out affair.

feck it, double it and make it 40pts. Make them have to have a good season to even scrape 40pts to be safe from relegation. fecking box office.
1) The efforts of everybody else should be voided because the team who cheated to the title are punished?

2) Leaves a hole for every other club in second who would've been first otherwise, too. They're effectively robbed of what is rightfully theirs.

Gandalf

The football authorities have let this slide for almost 15 years. The government and MCC are happy for City’s owners to plough money into the local area. The media have given them a free pass all this time. Micah Richards has been employed as a pundit.

The whole thing is completely corrupt.

There is less than 1% chance of City being meaningfully sanctioned for this.

It has been allowed to happen all this time-why would things suddenly change?
Case closed, relegate them to the National League and strip all of their titles.

SirAnderson

What you quoted is saying that isn't it?
It says the "don't think" it will include looking backward for punishment.
In otherwises, they will look back, but punishment will focus on the current time and future.

So instead of stripped titles, it would be points deductions/fines/relegation...
Still would take the worse of the future punishment if stripping of titles is not going to be considered, even though I genuinely feel it should very much be a possibility including current punishment, because at the current page I'm ready on this thread, I believe the investigation is only up until 2018?
Still catching up though.

SirAnderson

If it goes from 2009-2022.

2009/10 - Chelsea
2010/11 - Manchester Utd
2011/12 - Manchester City Manchester Utd
2012/13 - Manchester Utd
2013/14 - Manchester City Liverpool
2014/15 - Chelsea
2015/16 - Leicester
2016/17 - Chelsea
2017/18 - Manchester City Manchester Utd
2018/19 - Manchester City Liverpool
2019/20 - Liverpool
2020/21 - Manchester City Manchester Utd
2021/22 - Manchester City Liverpool

Amazingly it would only affect Utd and Liverpool and give both 3 titles each.

New standing would be

Manchester United - 23 times
Liverpool - 22 times
I'm not sure how I'd feel giving Liverpool 3 titles.
Urrrgh. At the moment, I'd settle for them being relegated at least 2 levels in the English pyramid.

Gazza

We've been through this already, Pere paid 6.5m for his share of Girona... The entire club sold for £13m. 44% City, 44% Pere and 12% going to the Supporters Trust.

Pere Guardiola is one of the main men at SEG, representing everyone from Pep to Ten Hag to Van Persie, not to mention popstars, actors etc... He was also Luis Suarez agent. The idea he hasn't got £6.5m to buy a stake in a football club is ridiculous. His net worth is something like €50m.
:confused: if someone offers you 6.5m, you’re immediate reaction is “no I’m alright thanks”?

ScholesyTheWise

A post here said that City refuse to provide documents for 2018 onwards.
I wonder whether this in itself is a punishable action, whilst under investigation?

SirAnderson

So let's the options here

1. City receive a fine - probably the most likely

2. City are suspended from new player acquisitions - the club will probably be allowed to make transfer this summer though

3. City are docked points in the single digits - could happen and might mean Europa Cup for a season

4. City are docked 12 or more points - less likely but it will mean that the top 4 race opens up

5. City get relegated - very unlikely
Turn that options around and stop being a spoil sport. Don't dash our dreams.

GregM40

Not arsed about retrospective action, all their titles and cups are forever tainted.

If found guilty of these breaches then it’s expulsion from the league? Will the owners stick around? Sure they own lots of uncontested land and property in Manchester via favours from the crooks at MCC but that’ll always be worth keeping as part of an investment portfolio. Having your sporting franchise guilty of cheating and having to start from scratch tho?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
A post here said that City refuse to provide documents for 2018 onwards.
I wonder whether this in itself is a punishable action, whilst under investigation?
Don't worry about it. Would mean more league titles for Klopp. I think we can agree that 2018 is a fair cut off.

nainaisson

The football authorities have let this slide for almost 15 years. The government and MCC are happy for City’s owners to plough money into the local area. The media have given them a free pass all this time. Micah Richards has been employed as a pundit.

The whole thing is completely corrupt.

There is less than 1% chance of City being meaningfully sanctioned for this.

It has been allowed to happen all this time-why would things suddenly change?
The EPL is worried about a government regulator. They want to show that they're willing to enforce their own laws, for the time being at least. As soon the threat of government regulation goes away, things will go back to normal, i.e. the EPL will go back to ignoring City's transgressions.

LARulz

Nothing will happen I am convinced. City will throw so many obstructions and appeals through English courts it will just take forever and probably settle it for a big fine. They won't get any transfer bans, won't get anything stripped and definitely not relegated

padr81

Supports
Man City
:confused: if someone offers you 6.5m, you’re immediate reaction is “no I’m alright thanks”?
My reaction is given how our club is, if we wanted to give Pere 6.5m it could easily have been put into agent fees when negotiating deals, given we have 4 or 5 of his clients on the books and Pep has signed like 3 contracts since he's been here (that we know about, not knowing if he's had any consultant roles in Abu Dhabi) and there'd be zero comeback in giving him money like that. Not even the potential for comeback.

The reaility of the Girona deal is that it was a deal in both parties interests. Pere wanted to buy Girona and City Football Group were constantly hoovering up clubs all over the world. It was a no brainer for City at £6.5m for half a La Liga club given what we paid for some other clubs. Its like the one deal we're not cheating on.

Djemba-Djemba

Everyone knows they're cheats, everyone has known from day one.

It's just about proving it.

City fans saying shite like "oh if the allegations are true blah blah blah", you know they're true. You can't honestly assume City have done everything above board, that you've been bringing in higher revenue than us and Real Madrid for feck sake.