City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

NLunited

Qatar is the only option on the table that’s willing to clear all debt. Also just because we’d be owned buy Sheikh Jassim doesn’t mean we’d be financially doped. If we’re debt free and run competently we’d be able to spend the money we generate and be competitive without the need of the owners to pump a ton of their own money in. The only cash they’d be required to put in themselves would be for stadium and infrastructure upgrades.
Ya I‘m not buying it. It is a vanity project for them, that‘s why they will cheat like City has. And PSG.

Fts 74

It is spoken about, but people in the media have to be careful given how quickly City set a rabid pack of lawyers on to anyone that questions them.

I also think given City's action today, that they are concerned and are trying to shutdown the investigation rather than prove their innocence. This aggressive move from City is the strongest indicator yet that they are in serious trouble.
Nick Harris doesn't seem too concerned he's the one who's banging the drum the loudest.

NLunited

You seem like a nice rational not angry person. May I suggest you should probably start a petition or a vigil? it's what you guys excel at.

Your fanbase can all sign it as follows:
Very irritated cnutish, tough, idiotic, mental supporters.

Don't forget to write 6 times... and about you'd have 500m more league titles if city didn't exist.

Remember that time Gerrard said "this does not slip" then he slipped! I blame Pep, shot him down with mind bullets.
He is right though, your team is slick with oil money and ffp violations.

ShinjiNinja26

Ya I‘m not buying it. It is a vanity project for them, that‘s why they will cheat like City has. And PSG.
There’s a big difference between those clubs and us though. They had to start from the ground up and they’ve fast tracked themselves to where they are now by cheating to level the playing field with the other top clubs. We’re already there, we just need the debt cleared and to be run in a competent manner and we’re sorted. There’s no reason for them to have to cheat by artificially inflating sponsorships etc. the club can already bring in major sponsorship deals and high revenues off its own back.

Alonzo

As a club that is capable of ACTUALLY generating huge revenue and spending vast amounts (not as much as a petro-state, but more than any other club) with competent owners and without cheating, how anyone could look at the utter indifference shown towards city’s achievements by most opposition fans, and the asterisk that will always be attached to them, and think that it’s worth United being the same, all to maybe speed up the process by a year or two, is such a shame.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Last edited:

JagUTD

Its also ironic given Rick Parry openly admitted Liverpool were chasing oil money from the East as far back as 2006, way before the City deal and tried their hardest to seal the deal with Dubai.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ews/parry-shook-hands-sell-liverpool-10272793

The hypocrits were practically dancing in the streets back then and now try to pretend they'd walk away fromt he club and are anti-sportwashing.
Tbh it did surprise me when someone posted this in the sale thread. But then when United fans are also twerking for oil money then I shouldn't have been surprised at all.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Tbh it did surprise me when someone posted this in the sale thread. But then when United fans are also twerking for oil money then I shouldn't have been surprised at all.
You'll have fans like that.

I'm pretty indifferent to sugar daddies and state ownership in general though as the hypocrisy of who can and who can't and how much and what means we take their money annoys me. I mean no offence to anyone with this, but I know hundreds of human rights activists on this forum will suddlenly be doing mental gymnastics as to why their club is different if United or Liverpools sale does go through as you said.

For me its also hypocritical to say "United can't be owned by Qatar but Bayern can be part owned by Adidas" given the latters human rights record while not on the same level is still absolutely vile or "We can't be owned by Qatar but we'll gladly take their sponsorship money". If we're removing owners based on hr records, we have to deal with it root and branch in my opinion. All or nothing. That Bayern fan banner at the Etihad nearly had me pissing myself laughing. "Football is for the people" whilst their kit manufacturer who own 10% of their club run sweatshops that have 8 year olds make their gear...

Truth be told I'm also a hypocrit, I own a smart phone but I complain about samsung and apple, I own Nike, Reebok and Adidas clothing, I didn't walk away from City after the takeover. So I kinda get what alot of fans here will do because I'[ve already lived it.

Don't get me wrong, I believe City are guilty, I don't know if we'll be found guilty which is my usual argument here. Legally its harder to stick. I also believe despite what the owners have done for the club if guilty they should be expelled from football as should everyone who is knowingly involved. There should be zero tolerence for cheating. Then I look at Juve and the Italian clubs and I think "shits rotten to the core anyway".

In an ideal world we'd have a proper ownership test, personally I'd love to see a real level playing field with homegrown rules, salary caps, transfer fee caps, limited transfers etc..

Infra-red

Money (or the promise of money) does strange things to people. Things that once seemed morally unjustifiable, suddenly start to look surprisingly reasonable.

I can kind of understand it with City fans - they'd won nothing for decades and were forced to live in the shadow of a much larger and much more successful neighbour. After years of being figures of ridicule, it's hardly surprising that many of them were ultimately prepared to turn a blind eye to sins of their new wealthy benefactors, whether they be appalling human rights abuses or flagrant cheating.

What has surprised me somewhat is quite how many United fans have been desperately clamouring for the petrodollars from Qatar. I mean, what do we have to be bitter about? Even if I never saw United win another trophy as long as I lived, I've still be spoiled rotten. Do we really want to be a bauble on a mantlepiece of some heinous regime, just so we can buy a few overpriced superstars who probably won't give a shite about the club anyway? "Yes!" is the answer for many, many fans, it seems.

Anyway, I digress. City are cheats and if there is any justice in football, they will be punished. But there isn't, so they won't.

croadyman

I'm pretty indifferent to sugar daddies and state ownership in general though as the hypocrisy of who can and who can't and how much and what means we take their money annoys me. I mean no offence to anyone with this, but I know hundreds of human rights activists on this forum will suddlenly be doing mental gymnastics as to why their club is different if United or Liverpools sale does go through as you said.

For me its also hypocritical to say "United can't be owned by Qatar but Bayern can be part owned by Adidas" given the latters human rights record while not on the same level is still absolutely vile or "We can't be owned by Qatar but we'll gladly take their sponsorship money". If we're removing owners based on hr records, we have to deal with it root and branch in my opinion. All or nothing. That Bayern fan banner at the Etihad nearly had me pissing myself laughing. "Football is for the people" whilst their kit manufacturer who own 10% of their club run sweatshops that have 8 year olds make their gear...

Truth be told I'm also a hypocrit, I own a smart phone but I complain about samsung and apple, I own Nike, Reebok and Adidas clothing, I didn't walk away from City after the takeover. So I kinda get what alot of fans here will do because I'[ve already lived it.

Don't get me wrong, I believe City are guilty, I don't know if we'll be found guilty which is my usual argument here. Legally its harder to stick. I also believe despite what the owners have done for the club if guilty they should be expelled from football as should everyone who is knowingly involved. There should be zero tolerence for cheating. Then I look at Juve and the Italian clubs and I think "shits rotten to the core anyway".

In an ideal world we'd have a proper ownership test, personally I'd love to see a real level playing field with homegrown rules, salary caps, transfer fee caps, limited transfers etc..
They had Martin Ziegler on Talksport discussing it and he suggested the case could take 2-4 years to be resolved. I will openly admit I am a hypocrite when it comes to wanting Qatari ownership,however I also have said that this kind of ownership should have never been allowed to happen in the first place

Dr. StrangeHate

Yeah but your club legend is out here saying ‘I know they are cheats but look at Pep, isn’t he just amazing’.

Is this level of football and results possible without having the most stacked squad on the planet?
Is this level of football and results possible without having KDB, and two strikers who start for 99.99% teams on the planet?
Is this level of football and results possible without the infrastructure and backend team that has been assembled by infinite money?
Is this level of football and results possible without the salary levels paid to keep everyone happy? They bought shares in Pep's brother's club FFS.

Tarrou

Why would these owners of smaller clubs be more annoyed about City being able to outspend them, than Utd, who also do it?

It’s time to admit that this is nothing to do with helping smaller clubs, but about ensuring Utd’s place at the top of the financial tree for eternity.
because they’re cheating? :lol:

croadyman

Is this level of football and results possible without having the most stacked squad on the planet?
Is this level of football and results possible without having KDB, and two strikers who start for 99.99% teams on the planet?
Is this level of football and results possible without the infrastructure and backend team that has been assembled by infinite money?
Is this level of football and results possible without the salary levels paid to keep everyone happy? They bought shares in Pep's brother's club FFS.
Not a chance it's possible even with Guardiola

skc_18

TBH this is second season in a row where they were trailing for good part of the season but had unbelievable second half of the season which is giving them the PL title. Pep deserves credit. Kdb, Haaland are machines but what Pep did with players like Gundogan deserves a bit of credit.

Dr. StrangeHate

TBH this is second season in a row where they were trailing for good part of the season but had unbelievable second half of the season which is giving them the PL title. Pep deserves credit. Kdb, Haaland are machines but what Pep did with players like Gundogan deserves a bit of credit.
No one is denying that. Pep is a genius but it would not have been possible without the money or squad either.

Lord Zlatan

And why do you think they cooked the books? Do you imagine Qatar would behave any differently to deliver the Football Manager wet dreams of people on here?

We’d have to fabricate revenue for Qatari overlords to make a difference. The glazers have squeezed the pips out of what is achievable in terms of actual revenues.

You may not and City fans may not, but the rules don’t agree with you, them and Abu Dhabi.
They had to "cook the books" because City didnt generate enough revenue to justify their spending. Never did, dont and never will. United on the other hand already generate one of the largest revenues in world football, despite the lack of success and investment. Can imagine how much they would generate with an owner not bleeding the club dry and a new stadium. There simply would be no need for any owner to cheat. Just clear the debt, get football people into make the decisions not accountants and let it go. The difference between the two clubs is like night and day.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

AKA everyone’s at it.

You do realise there is a huge difference between being sponsored by Adidas and signing up to rules that other clubs adhere to and blatantly breaking them, club officials stating take us to court and we will bury you financially. Creating fake companies and fake sponsors and fake company directors, paying staff off the books, putting people on the clubs board who sold green belt land in Manchester to the clubs owners, or who agreed the stadium deal, making up numbers to be paid by the clubs principal sponsor and explaining how most of it will be paid back to them, writing emails to the owners explaining how they can explain away the arms that they have supplied to another country.

Yeah…everyone is at it. It’s just the same.

Real Name

Why would these owners of smaller clubs be more annoyed about City being able to outspend them, than Utd, who also do it?

It’s time to admit that this is nothing to do with helping smaller clubs, but about ensuring Utd’s place at the top of the financial tree for eternity.
Yeah.

No.

Real Name

Yeah but your club legend is out here saying ‘I know they are cheats but look at Pep, isn’t he just amazing’.

This is so stupi. Yes it wouldnt have been possible if it wasnt for Pep but would it be possible to buy such a team without cooking the books. So it all goes in circles.
Also he was fast to say it will be the best season any team in the country has had..

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Shout-out to @SER19 and @InfiniteBoredom (and a few others I've missed) for being consistent on this topic for months/years. The rest of y'all are just bitches who cared about this topic the moment it became apparent City may actually win a treble, because I remember people actively rooting for City to prevent Liverpool from winning, because "their wins mean nothing". Now they do? :lol:

Guy Incognito

Excusing the fact City are run by a state just because they play great football and win everything is exactly why English football is finished.

How is it a competition when a club spent £1bn to win the PL back in 2012?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Its also ironic given Rick Parry openly admitted Liverpool were chasing oil money from the East as far back as 2006, way before the City deal and tried their hardest to seal the deal with Dubai.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ews/parry-shook-hands-sell-liverpool-10272793

The hypocrits were practically dancing in the streets back then and now try to pretend they'd walk away from the club and are anti-sportwashing.
And Utd fans are 100% doing exactly the same now with Qatar. None of this changes what City actually became though. They broke FFP and all sorts of rules, not the dancing Liverpool fans in 2006.

I would walk away. I'm not pretending. It seems a few (not a lot, just a few) Utd fans on Redcafe have some decency too and would walk away. Both things are unknown. What is known right now, padre, is that you clearly revelled in the oil and blood as a fact, not assumption.

redcucumber

Shout-out to @SER19 and @InfiniteBoredom (and a few others I've missed) for being consistent on this topic for months/years. The rest of y'all are just bitches who cared about this topic the moment it became apparent City may actually win a treble, because I remember people actively rooting for City to prevent Liverpool from winning, because "their wins mean nothing". Now they do? :lol:
People on here have been complaining about City's oil money and their obvious cheating for years ffs. "rest of yall are just bitches" is such a weird thing to say to other United fans.

adexkola

Supports
People on here have been complaining about City's oil money and their obvious cheating for years ffs. "rest of yall are just bitches" is such a weird thing to say to other United fans.
We're all grown on here, I'm sure those impacted can handle it. Also, bit tongue in cheek. Also, i stand by the fact that it is insanely hypocritical to whine about City's wealth and in the same breath cheer them on against Liverpool, a team who has tried to do things the right way (benefiting from advantages inherent to traditional big clubs but that's another story), so if you fall in that bucket, your whining does sound bitchmade

redcucumber

We're all grown on here, I'm sure those impacted can handle it. Also, bit tongue in cheek. Also, i stand by the fact that it is insanely hypocritical to whine about City's wealth and in the same breath cheer them on against Liverpool, a team who has tried to do things the right way (benefiting from advantages inherent to traditional big clubs but that's another story), so if you fall in that bucket, your whining does sound bitchmade
We're all grown - so let's act like it. That goes for you too. Calling other reds bitches and bitchmade is a weird look.

And it's just really not as straightforward and as simple as you'd like it to be. People don't want Liverpool to ever do well because they are our biggest rivals, so it makes sense that they'd want whoever their opposition is at the time to beat them (City or whoever the feck). At the same time, City are literally cheating their way to success which in theory should go beyond feelings borne out of footballing rivalry but we're talking about emotions to do with football - it's inherently a bit odd. So, are you actually surprised that there's some dissonance at play or are you just bored and wanted to call United fans bitches on the internet?

Stacks

As a club that is capable of ACTUALLY generating huge revenue and spending vast amounts (not as much as a petro-state, but more than any other club) with competent owners and without cheating, how anyone could look at the utter indifference shown towards city’s achievements by most opposition fans, and the asterisk that will always be attached to them, and think that it’s worth United being the same, all to maybe speed up the process by a year or two, is such a shame.
nobody really does this though its a coping mechanism. All I am seeing is praise for Pep and people said this about Chelsea and they turned Arsenal into an alsoran whilst Chelsea are now the top London club. could happen to us!

adexkola

Supports
We're all grown - so let's act like it. That goes for you too. Calling other reds bitches and bitchmade is a weird look.

And it's just really not as straightforward and as simple as you'd like it to be. People don't want Liverpool to ever do well because they are our biggest rivals, so it makes sense that they'd want whoever their opposition is at the time to beat them (City or whoever the feck). At the same time, City are literally cheating their way to success which in theory should go beyond feelings borne out of footballing rivalry but we're talking about emotions to do with football - it's inherently a bit odd. So, are you actually surprised that there's some dissonance at play or are you just bored and wanted to call United fans bitches on the internet?
I'm not surprised at the cognitive dissonance displayed, no. Fans are hypocrites in general.

And yes I'm bored. That's a prerequisite of mine for posting on the caf.

I wouldn't take the name calling seriously, deep down I don't think you're bitches.

redcucumber

I'm not surprised at the cognitive dissonance displayed, no. Fans are hypocrites in general.

And yes I'm bored. That's a prerequisite of mine for posting on the caf.

I wouldn't take the name calling seriously, deep down I don't think you're bitches.
Can't argue with that tbf. All love.