City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

MegadrivePerson

If nothing happens, the rest of the league has to make a stand. Threaten to leave, whatever it takes. The integrity of the organization is already shot to bits.
Not really sure how Chelsea would be able to do that!

Scottynaldinho

I am amazed the Inland Revenue have not got involved because I am sure the players wages will not be entirely what they are on the books.
Exactly. Even if they get relegated all the players will stay as they'll be getting their payments off the books. There's no way you can stop corruption.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
They will get fined and nothing more. The league doesn't have the bottle to do anything further.

MegadrivePerson

Do the PL have the option of stripping titles? From my reading of their options that isn't one. The biggest punishment they can get is relegation.
UEFA have already said that they'd be happy to strip them of their Champions League titles...

hobbers

Mourinho finished 19 points behind City, that one wont change even with a big points deduction.

Bodgers could become a title winning manager though.

cyberman

Still hasn’t sunk in yet that we’ve been cheated out of 3 titles in the last 10 years

Il_Cecchino

Supports
Hellas Verona
The fpf has a big problem: is illegal. You can't forbid a property from spending its money on its company. The fpf serves to crystallize the positions of strength and prevent small teams from becoming big. If City is sanctioned and appeals to the court, the FPF will be canceled and the premier will have to repay the city with hundreds of millions.

https://www.google.it/search?q=trad...EDMC40mAEAoAEBsAEP&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-hp#

RuudTom83

I am shocked at this news!!!

City? cooking the books...gobsmacked! it must be an admin error by the FA...hopefully it will be cleared up quickly in the next 4-6 years.

Teja

Huh. I always thought the pl tacitly approved of these tactics because this will help the league become the super league. I still believe that, but less so now.

vodrake

Replay matches? Dunno what the hell that is supposed to achieve.
Force them to replay all matches this season, except they´re not allowed to use any player they signed after 2010. See if Gareth Barry and Micah Richards fancy coming out of retirement

jm99

Mourinho finished 19 points behind City, that one wont change even with a big points deduction.

If they strip titles it's because of cheating financially, which affects every single game they play, mourinho would get a title if they start stripping totles

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Hmm... maybe that's why they've been underperforming. Maybe internally they know what's going on before this news came out.

AndySmith1990

They will get fined and nothing more. The league doesn't have the bottle to do anything further.
Spending 4 years investigating only to slap a fine on them feels like it'd be wasted effort. We can only hope they'll get punished to the fullest extent that rules allow

GeorgieBoy

Still hasn’t sunk in yet that we’ve been cheated out of 3 titles in the last 10 years
It's crazy.
The knock on effect on other clubs is mind-blowing. Think of the amount of money lost by clubs not making CL because a cheating club was ahead of them.
Just massively unfair and depressing.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

So the points total for winner would be lower. Theirs points have always been enhanced should be say.

House Mkhitaryan

In the name of Robert of the House Baratheon, the first of his name, King of the Andals and the first men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and protector of the realm, I charge you to bring the King's Justice to the false manager Pep Guardiola and all those who shared in his crimes. I denounce him and attaint him. I strip him of all ranks and titles, of all lands and holdings, and sentence him to death relegation.
:lol:

Loon

:lol:
On the weekend Pep was crying about the letter the other premier leagues clubs signed against them whilst simultaneously moaning about Chelsea spending.

joobier

Can see this being a Red Bull breaching the cost cap punishment in the end though sadly where everyone is calling for the harshest punishments and all City get is a 15 million pound fine and 1 transfer window ban thats 3 windows in advance to stockpile players in advance.

This is going to go on for years considering the sheer scale of their cheating and everything will be appealed times infinity.
(Although can the Premier League be taken to the CAS?)

Retroactively punish them for previous seasons as them financially doping literally affected everyone else in the league.
To be fair Redbull Racing didn't cook the books. They went over budget but not fraudulently. I think their punishment was fair.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Potentially us as well.
What for? We've never spent outside of our means in terms of FFP. We went hard last summer but that's also why this month we couldn't do anything. United naturally just brings in massive money, city's problem was they claimed to be have the highest revenue in world football which is literally impossible compared to United, Bayern, Barca and Madrid.

JustinC00

Their punishment will be a financial slap on the wrist which will get announced the same day as when it is announced we have been sold and all the media will turn their attention towards any bad or dodgy stuff about our new owners

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
What for? We've never spent outside of our means in terms of FFP. We went hard last summer but that's also why this month we couldn't do anything. United naturally just brings in massive money, city's problem was they claimed to be have the highest revenue in world football which is literally impossible compared to United, Bayern, Barca and Madrid.
I meant it will be sending a warning to any potential owners not to go down the same route.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I'm curious how the Premier League would address the financial impact on other clubs that resulted from City's cheating. They've deprived United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, and Spurs (and others to lesser degrees) of hundreds of millions of pounds in prize money and Champions League qualification money over the course of a decade.

crossy1686

career ending
Their punishment will be a financial slap on the wrist which will get announced the same day as when it is announced we have been sold and all the media will turn their attention towards any bad or dodgy stuff about our new owners
People keep saying this but have you actually read the charges and what people who know the details are saying is the consequences?

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Exactly. Even if they get relegated all the players will stay as they'll be getting their payments off the books. There's no way you can stop corruption.
Have you seen any evidence that backs that up?

I only say that because there were significant leaks concerning sponsorship income, but I’ve never seen anything in those leaks referring to players being paid off the books. You seem certain enough that you’d surely have seen at least some kind of evidence (hacked emails, whistle-blowing from ex-players/employees/agents ,tax investigations, money laundering regulations etc).

Cloud7

If nothing happens, the rest of the league has to make a stand. Threaten to leave, whatever it takes. The integrity of the organization is already shot to bits.
Super League incoming with Real plus the 19 other PL clubs instead of City. Perez playing 4D chess.

GeorgieBoy

If nothing is done about this I'll be done with football.
If they get away with it again the other 19 teams in the league should just not turn up to matches against City.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Yes

Does Pep honestly expect us to believe he knew nothing of their financial doping? :lol:

Ah this is great. I'm so happy their years of cheating is finally being highlighted. Something will stick and I think they will be severely punished. Haaland playing in League One is just brilliant.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What are the lottery numbers for that week?