City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
You can discount Etihad straight away since they are also government owned and were outed in the leaks years ago as being a false sponsor.

OKX and Nexen are nowhere near blue chip brands and EA Sports is a wider deal where they sponsor everyone.

So you've got Nissan who are paying pittance, Asahi, and Puma, with the latter two not really being market leading names either.

Now compare that to the real big clubs.
Asahi is the world’s second most sold beer, and the parent company is one of the biggest in the world. (Drinks companies). They own Schweppes, Peroni. Loadsa shit.

I mean… City are cheats, but their dealings now are on the money and mostly legit. It’s the cheating to get to that level that’s corrupt/illegal.

Last edited:

Hughie77

no we’re not.
There crooks ŕight everyone knows, and proven bar CAS.. now the FA charges cannot go to CAS , the delay now is for them to pay enough off to get away with it.. as the Crook pep who was manager at Barca who are Crooks said we got good lawyers .. that's all its about ..

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
There crooks ŕight everyone knows, and proven bar CAS.. now the FA charges cannot go to CAS , the delay now is for them to pay enough off to get away with it.. as the Crook pep who was manager at Barca who are Crooks said we got good lawyers .. that's all its about ..
where not crooks. cas said are accounts wear the most beautiful thered ever seen.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
So why did City refuse to cooperate and tried to get the FA banned from viewing said accounts through the courts?
the fa just wanted see how beautiful our books were so they could tell the big four our secrets and win trebles of their own. we were wise to their underhanded ways though.

Harold Bornstein works for.CAS these days.
bigly.

JagUTD

Record revenues.

"Off the pitch there were new record profits from record revenues of £713 million.

In short, last season saw Manchester City achieve the greatest football and commercial year of its storied history."

"It also confirms on 6 February 2023, City were referred to a commission for a "number of alleged breaches of Premier League rules". The club repeated its statement in response that it "welcomes" the review and that it has "irrefutable evidence" to support its position."
Usually when you have irrefutable evidence, you make it available to those investigating you at the earliest opportunity.

What I think they mean, and it's understandable why they've got it mixed up, is that they have some imaginary evidence.

JagUTD

Did my part today in the ongoing battle between right and wrong. While picking up 17 copies of the latest Beano Annuals, I noticed the poorly trained staff at The Works had accidentally placed the Manchester City Annuals in the wrong section. Fortunately I moved them to the Fiction section and undoubtedly saved 10s of Christmas in Stockport.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Usually when you have irrefutable evidence, you make it available to those investigating you at the earliest opportunity.

What I think they mean, and it's understandable why they've got it mixed up, is that they have some imaginary evidence.
They also haven't welcomed it at all, and the day after Pep was bullish during a presser saying they would support the investigation blablabla they had their lawyers do the exact opposite. They're totally acting like they're innocent yeah.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
City lawyers are frantically adding a few more dollars to their 'irrefutable evidence' pack.

TheReligion

Abusive
Everton turning the heat up..

“The club will also monitor with great interest the decisions made in any other cases concerning the Premier League’s profit and sustainability rules. Everton cannot comment on this matter any further until the appeal process has concluded"

Fr. Todd Unctious

“The club will also monitor with great interest the decisions made in any other cases concerning the Premier League’s profit and sustainability rules. Everton cannot comment on this matter any further until the appeal process has concluded"

Damn right they should. This is a drop in the ocean compared to the case against City

lysglimt

Scout
I don't mind Everton - but this is really good news. I just can't see City get away after this one.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Everton were done for a clear breach of spending rules. Think that's a straightforward case. City's much more complex.

Taribo's Gap

Everton were done for a clear breach of spending rules. Think that's a straightforward case. City's much more complex.
I think this is it. People are banging on without speaking to the substance and/or complexity of the charges against the respective clubs.

Loon

:lol:
How is there not a song sung by EVERY club in the PL about how bent this outfit is?

SER19

They're laughing at the rest of the league, laughing at headlines like the one above, and will keep laughing. Nothing will happen.

tomaldinho1

Asahi is the world’s second most sold beer, and the parent company is one of the biggest in the world. (Drinks companies). They own Schweppes, Peroni. Loadsa shit.

I mean… City are cheats, but their dealings now are on the money and mostly legit. It’s the cheating to get to that level that’s corrupt/illegal.
Worth pointing out they aren't sponsored by Asahi, they are sponsored by the non alcoholic specific brand of Asahi (I assume this is mainly for religious reasons). You are correct though, the journey to get where they are now is the issue, they are reaping huge amounts of prize money and have some legitimate sponsors at the expense of other teams. It's telling all the main sponsors remain self sponsors though and we have no idea on the amounts - they could probably just say to a reputable company, we want your logo affiliated with our brand and will pay you for it, and then just never publish the details and say they are sponsored by x, y or z.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Oh so now Everton care about what that have been doing for a decade?
Didn't care before did they!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Except that won't be dealt with for years.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The maximum points you can get in a Premier League season is 114 but City are so good I reckon they could get one more than that. Google 'Man City 115' for more info.