City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

K Stand Knut

A lot of arses twitching in Stockport today.
Not really.

Anyone thinking that anything will happen to city are deluding themselves.

city will sort this out one way or another. On the face of it, this decision is terrible for them but they’ll muddy the waters enough to sort it and nothing will ever happen.

Whether that is to the detriment of the PL as a whole remains to be seen

lysglimt

Scout
I think something will happen to City - because the consequences will be too big if they dont punish them. They simply cant punish Everton that harshly and let City get away if they are found guilty. If Evertons punishment stands and they end up relegated because of it, they will have a very strong case for a lawsuit if City is let off the hook with a relatively smaller punishment

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think something will happen to City - because the consequences will be too big if they dont punish them. They simply cant punish Everton that harshly and let City get away if they are found guilty. If Evertons punishment stands and they end up relegated because of it, they will have a very strong case for a lawsuit if City is let off the hook with a relatively smaller punishment
Everton got this charge after fully co-operating too. City stopped co-operating a few years ago and have been trying to block it at every turn which should make the punishment even more severe imo.

RedDevil@84

Who is gonna bell the cat?

Red4ever27

Not really.

Anyone thinking that anything will happen to city are deluding themselves.

city will sort this out one way or another. On the face of it, this decision is terrible for them but they’ll muddy the waters enough to sort it and nothing will ever happen.

Whether that is to the detriment of the PL as a whole remains to be seen
This is my view too unfortunately. The lawyers they're paying millions to will find a whole bunch of technicalities or loophole to squirm their way out of any real punishment. Or failing that find the right people in the right places to offer a few brown envelopes. I hope I am wrong but at worst they'll get a huge fine/small points deduction.

BabySinclair

Some people (Not just on RedCafe) are saying that nothing or not much will happen to them.

The same talk was about Juventus & Rangers and both of them are much bigger/important for their leagues.

They can't get away for this breaches for nothing or not much because otherwise all clubs can then do the same.

Yakuza_devils

City has been blatantly doing this for more than a decade on an unprecedented scale. Yeah right, we should go for Everton first.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not sure what the specifics are in Chelsea's case. But going off of this... Stripping titles and relegation is a definite possibility IMO. You can't really do a points deduction, especially not for the past years. But they should be stripped of the years they won unfairly. And the relegation, let's see how far down they'd get relegated.

SuperiorXI

I saved you all several hours of calculus and did the maths...

115 x 10 points = 1,115 points, that's a series of relegations. They. Are. Not one bit fecking worried because they'll never get this level of punishment.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

115 x 10 points = 1,115 points, that's a series of relegations. They. Are. Not one bit fecking worried because they'll never get this level of punishment.
A numbee of the charges are about them refusing to cooperate.
You'd imagine that's way less serious punishment wise than being way over the money level like Everton.

However, they've certainly done what Everton have done x many, many a level.

A relegation would be the hardest ever punishment, but they would simple drill back up the league, so it wouldn't do a huge deal.

SuperiorXI

You'd imagine that's way less serious punishment wise than being way over the money level like Everton.

A relegation would be the hardest ever punishment, but they would simple drill back up the league, so it wouldn't do a huge deal.
Being completely on the fence on the matter, deleting the club seems fair to me?

JagUTD

Everton turning the heat up..

“The club will also monitor with great interest the decisions made in any other cases concerning the Premier League’s profit and sustainability rules. Everton cannot comment on this matter any further until the appeal process has concluded"
Today we are all Toffees

Taribo's Gap

City has been blatantly doing this for more than a decade on an unprecedented scale. Yeah right, we should go for Everton first.
Is it that hard to understand the difference between one, straightforward charge on which a club is cooperating and readily making admissions, claiming extenuating circumstances versus multiple, complicated charges with more difficult evidentiary burdens against a club that is actively resisting and denying? Would you rather the league just come forward with a half-baked case that will be easily eviscerated by City's lawyers to satisfy your bloodlust?

George Beast

I can see them being relegated which would appear significant but it's not even remotely sufficient a punishment. They'll break every record on their way back up within a season while having effectively wiped their record clean

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I can see them being relegated which would appear significant but it's not even remotely sufficient a punishment. They'll break every record on their way back up within a season while having effectively wiped their record clean
so just like a premier league season, then.

Flying high

I can't see the PL allowing the owners to continue after trying so hard to cover up their cheating.

Woodzy

115 x 10 points = 1,115 points
, that's a series of relegations. They. Are. Not one bit fecking worried because they'll never get this level of punishment.
No you didn't

RedDevil@84

Everton turning the heat up..

“The club will also monitor with great interest the decisions made in any other cases concerning the Premier League’s profit and sustainability rules. Everton cannot comment on this matter any further until the appeal process has concluded"
They can only moan about it. When City escape, it will be on some technicality, real or made up.

Josep Dowling

It should be the same punishment as Rangers (I know that’s the Scottish League) got. Both down the leagues, maybe even the National League, stripped of all titles during that time as well.

JagUTD

Done the sensible thing and stuck a few quid on City being relegated.

padzilla

Hipster
The Tory government has already admitted to intervening on this and talking to the UAE government about it. There's no way they are risking relations with the UAE over football.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Wait, what have Chelsea done again ?

I'm soo out of the loop of football nowadays.

bosskeano

this could get real interesting as the prem has just now set the precedent and City are well beyond what everton did...

evil_geko

I mean of all other clubs in the league do some kind of boycott against them, refusing to play them or something and basically whole league stops, FA would have to act, even UK government can do feck all in that case.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Anyone thinking Everton getting in FFP trouble increases the likelihood of City getting found guilty has a big surprise coming :lol:

bleedred

The reason they dont cooperate is because if they do give PL access to thier financial data, it would all be easy to prove that they faked it.

I don't think that it should be less of a punishment. Remember when Rio missed a drug test and was handed out a ban and people were saying it was worse than failing a test. This is similar to that.

I do expect city to get punished but anyone hoping along the lines of relegation, title removal are going to be disappointed.

It will probably be a 30 point deduction this season, which PL will claim is the highest ever punishment for any team and that they are setting a very high precedent for other clubs and move on. City wouldn't care and spin that they were absolved like with uefa and a 30 point drop likely would get them 5-7th place. It's not that bad for them considering they will be backup next year.

Pes6Monster

The Tory government has already admitted to intervening on this and talking to the UAE government about it. There's no way they are risking relations with the UAE over football.
Maybe the FA will relegate the UAE and suspend the Tories? Will most likely be Labour's fault somehow.

Five game ban for Corbyn.

Garnacho's Shoelaces

To which division though? :smirk:
I think it's a given they'll get expelled by the Premier League. I imagine if they attach a fixed term to that, so expulsion and no return within 5 years, the Football League will be compelled to only offer them a return to a division which is that the same amount of promotions away as the time bar from the Premier League. That's inevitable as otherwise you could have City win the Championship for 5 years in a row but unable to be promoted which will cause carnage. So with that logic applied:

Expulsion = Championship
+2 Year Ban from PL = League One
+3 Year Ban from PL = League Two
+4 Year Ban from PL = Vanarama National League
+5 Year Ban from PL = Vanarama National League North

That's assuming the FL / VNL accept them. FL may want to take a stand with FFP also involved in them. I imagine VNL will welcome them with open arms.

I don't see their titles getting stripped as that will cause carnage as you then infer the team 2nd should have won the league, 5th should have qualified for Champions League. It will open City up to a long line of legal claims for damages and vicariously the PL also for not having adequate control measures for FFP.

padzilla

Hipster
It's inevitable this is going away - lawyers will wrap the FA in knots on every single issue until it collapses.