City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

RedPed

Whatabouter.
And Chelsea & Man United, we both got our FFP fines pretty quickly.
Yeah, I was mainly thinking of the material punishments like deductions, sanctions etc. If Juventus can be knocked down a league, Man City should not be thinking they're above that level of sanction either.

I also find it odd that not once has Sky made any comparison or reference even to City's 115 charges?

OleGunnar20

Lifetime ban from the sport for owner and executives. Thats the real punishment.
A team with an 80k seater stadium who gets tens of thousands of supporters in lower leagues kind of belongs in the premier league. And i'm totally fine with them being back under different ownership.
That would be a good addition for sure. How they avoid the same people controlling city through 3rd parties I'm not sure, but it'd be a good move regardless.

OleGunnar20

Yeah, I was mainly thinking of the material punishments like deductions, sanctions etc. If Juventus can be knocked down a league, Man City should not be thinking they're above that level of sanction either.

I also find it odd that not once has Sky made any comparison or reference even to City's 115 charges?
Media are all the same. I listen to a lot of podcasts and have noticed how shite scared they all are to address the topic.

ColvaleGoa

No body is going to touch citeh. They have unlimited fund of oil money. Any investigation team will probably be paid in millions.

This. I don't know why folk refuse to believe anything will be allowed to happen to City. They have got Thier fangs in the corrupt Tory government too. It just won't happen.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
UAE government is literally backing Mancity. Absolutely nothing will happen to them

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
UAE government is literally backing Mancity. Absolutely nothing will happen to them
If it is proven that City have indeed broken the rules then I'm sure every other club in the league will go absolutely apeshit.

All 19 other teams will have to be silenced by force. Klopp will need to be muzzled during press conferences. Ten Hag will be distracted with a really nice pair of clogs. Someone will turn the volume down on the little Arteta doll, or at the very least take him off of the Cnut Demo Mode that he's currently set to.

At that point, even if the UK Government's "special oversight committee" stick their grubby fingers in the manipulate the results, they will just shout louder. It's not like every other club in the league survives because they play against City. It'll probably increase the value of the league overall since City's exile will open up a spot for a club with an actual fan base who watch football matches.

LARulz

Poll: If City get deducted points and United are awarded the 2021 title, does that make Ole the best post Ferguson manager?
Wouldn't it be Mourinho as he also finished 2nd and won Europa?

C'est Moi Cantona

'The best league in the world', with two of the main trophy winners over the last 20 years potentially about to be relegated, it's not a good look.

Then what, United, Liverpool, and Arsenal, quite rightly looking at them having the trophies they've won in this time taken off them, the clubs that have finished 5 th in these seasons looking for compensation, other European clubs looking for the same as they knocked them out of Europe in these years, etc.

And if they don't do something significant then they'll have some serious questions as to why not.

This has all the makings of a nightmare the Premier League.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The EPL is a pretty corrupt league, so I expect nothing to happen

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
As much as I would love it to happen, I don't think they will be expelled. That only happens during extreme cases, such as match fixing.

City will be fined, heavily, and a strong points deduction, like 30 points. They'd still probably win the league :lol:
Yes, a big fine, which means nothing to them, but I'd doubt very much they get a points deduction of 30 points, and even if they did, it would be spread over 5 years or more.
As far as I am aware, City's legal team can continue to challenge and appeal for the next 30 years if necessary.

tomaldinho1

Poll: If City get deducted points and United are awarded the 2021 title, does that make Ole the best post Ferguson manager?
I think he'd tie with Mou who'd also get one? But we don't want that because Pool will pick some up.

The Irish Connection

City kind of ruined football by winning the treble at a relative canter by cheating.
I don’t really care about the game as much as I used to because of it.

If they were relegated and stripped of titles it would go some way to fixing the integrity of the sport, at least for the Premier league. Because that’s exactly what they deserve.
same goes for Chelsea depending on what they did.

UpWithRivers

Even if they got a 30 point deduction and fined 100 mill it would be nothing. They will come 9th for a season and the money is like 100 pound fine to us. Its nothing but an inconvenience

OldSchoolManc

If City aren’t chucked out of the league compared to Everton’s punishment and quickly, then the premier league is a laughing stock around the world.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
If City do get relegated or absolved, do all the players get free transfers?
Does City still hold the contracts and player permits/whatever they're called?
Would they just move some players to the likes of Girona, Palermo, etc.?

Lord Zlatan

I don’t think there is a time limit on epl. Which is why it’s taking such a long time.

The fifa/cas one did have a time limit.

explains in here somewhere how the epl don’t have such problems with time

but could also be wrong? Who knows anymore!!

Thanks for posting this. Incredible stuff. After what happened to Everton today, who appear to have just overspent and didnt try hiding, the book should be thrown at these guys.

RedRocket9908

If City get relegated to league 2 do you seriously thing their manager and highly paid stars will hang around?
Pep said he will leave if he finds out tbe club lied to him although we dont actually know what the club told him so we wont actually know if they lied to him or not

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Even if they got a 30 point deduction and fined 100 mill it would be nothing. They will come 9th for a season and the money is like 100 pound fine to us. Its nothing but an inconvenience
Unless they're just outright expelled from the league (which I can't see happening), the only way to truly hurt them is a huge transfer ban (which I also can't see happening).

Given some of their historical points totals, even a 30 point deduction doesn't rule them out of the CL spots.

The charges cover about a decade, and then there's every year after 2018 that. Stop them being able to sign players for 15 years and see how they get on.

Lord Zlatan

They might not have the manager or players but I feel like they'll shoot straight back up regardless of their situation.
When Juventus went down in the mid noughties, they had the history and the clout to retain their top players who wanted to stay (SAF account of del Piero). Not one of those city players knew anything about that club before they signed.

C'est Moi Cantona

A one off 30 point deduction or relegation, without anything else, would make what City have done well worth it for them.