City in for Lescott

Chris H

Video Posting God
Moyes can do a lot with £24m. Wish he had more time to do it, the window closes very soon. January is rarely a good time to sign players, perhaps he will have to wait until next summer to restock. Hope they cope well in the meantime.

vanthaman

Winner
£24m :lol:

i wonder what he will say

"its not about the money, City are going places"

he's probably on £150k a week

Brophs

The One and Only
Good deal for Everton. If they can get a decent centre-half to replace him, and spend the rest of a player or two they'll be doing fine.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
They should have asked for Dunne as part of the deal, as finding a good CB nowadays is very hard. They've got Toure and Lescott and they think they're as good as us? Rio and Vidic must be shaking!

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Mental. Still struggling to get my head round it.

Crerand Legend

Good deal for Everton. If they can get a decent centre-half to replace him, and spend the rest of a player or two they'll be doing fine.
No doubt,this sort of money for a player of his calibre is madness

The Flying Potato

£24m :lol:

i wonder what he will say

"its not about the money, City are going places"

he's probably on £150k a week
To be fair, if I was someone like Lescott I would join City regardless of the contract offer, if you ask me they are going places and in a few years could well be the next Chelsea.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Everton will be laughing all the way to the bank. He's a good centre back but easily replaceable for a fraction of the price.

Its the silly season for sure. Lescott has been vastly over priced and Everton have got a great deal for him. They better invest that money quick though, because their current position in the table is not a good one.

Carl

Its the silly season for sure. Lescott has been vastly over priced and Everton have got a great deal for him. They better invest that money quick though, because their current position in the table is not a good one.
They always start badly, plus they're missing Jagielka + Arteta. If Moyes is given all that money to spend on the squad though you can bet your life he'll bring in about 3 or 4 good players.

Carl

24 Million for an average centre half?

Insane.
I'd say he's better than average Sults. He's a good defender and proven in this league which is common among all Sparky's signings.

24 million is insane though.

I wonder who Everton will buy to replace him? Surely now Dunne is available, Hangeland maybe? Turner from Hull? All of them are as good as Lescott imo.

dev1l

I suppose that he ll be getting a much better pay now...... let s hope that he invest some of it in a decent haircut

Carl

I suppose that he ll be getting a much better pay now...... let s hope that he invest some of it in a decent haircut
To be fair the shit haircut at least takes some attention away from his face :lol:

dev1l

To be fair the shit haircut at least takes some attention away from his face :lol:
:lol:

Hughes seems to be looking into making City the ugliest side in the PL...

In that regards Lescott will be making it tough for Carlos...

Carl

if he replaces him with Senderos then thats a bad move
Senderos only looked so shit at Arsenal because he was so often exposed. He always looks solid playing for his country and if he does go to Everton he'll do well i reckon.

Better than Yobo anyway!

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
£24 million for Lescott is insanity. He's not even a young centre back who you know will improve, he's 27. They could've imported someone just as good from abroad for a third of that amount, and younger.

Great Hat

Moyes seemed in danger of letting the principle of selling to City, and appearing at the mercy of his players, get in the way of what would be some very good business for Everton, but it looks now as if the transfer might well be going through. Lescott's a good defender, and fits well into Everton's defensive style, as well as being a decent distributor and a good ariel threat, but £24m is an extortionate price for a centre-back, and City are only paying it because they can, really.

Taylor's decent, and if the price of £8m kanchelskis14 posted is confirmed, then that's not a bad deal (especially considering it's just 1/3 of the price), but I don't personally think he's of the same defensive aptitude as Lescott, and is also less of a potential goal threat. £24m is great business for an impressive, but by no means world-class defender though.

Great Hat

I'm going to come out and say something most will dismiss. Dunne > Lescott
Dunne a few seasons back was about as good as Lescott is now, but he's become prone to more errors in the last few seasons, has lost a bit of pace, and most of his finishing tends to be done into the back of his own net. Lescott certainly isn't worth the money that's being touted to replace Dunne, who's still a reasonably capable defender, but Lescott currently is the more promising of the two, and would (at least in theory) appear to have more years of good football ahead of him.

It'll be interesting to see how he'll fit into City's defence though, if he goes.

HsJ

Richards - Toure - Lescott - Bridge

Bosingwa - Carvalho - Terry - Cole

Brown - Rio - Vidic - Evra

Johnson - Skrtel - Carragher - ?

Sagna - Vermaelen - Gallas - Clichy....

Still think Chelsea and United have the strongest back 4's

twitter thread suggester
Star Trek memorabilia have always been rather expensive.

Tevez's Mum

Kia Joorabchian's Ho!
i think for City as money seems to be of no hinderance they have done alright. If they were ever going to compete this year they needed to replace Dunne and get in a decent centre back. I don't see why Lescott can't do well for them.

I still think City need another solid defender, that can play can be flexible where he plays.