City schadenfreude - what would you like their punishment to be?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Schadenfreude maybe not the word, but potential justice served. Anyhow, would be fun to come up with some options and vote on the more realistic ones.

SER19

A huge points deduction and transfer ban. I'd love to see titles stripped but can't see the PL having the balls, but any meaningful acknowledgement of their cheating will rightly see the entire farcical decade tainted and all those involved tainted by association. It would also hopefully put the brakes on Newcastle.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Forced to have fans in the stands. They won't handle the pressure.

Bratt

- Take away all their titles (but 2nd places stay as second)
- Send them down to league 2
- 30 point deduction for as many seasons forward as they cheated in the past

not too harsh, is it?

Robbie Boy

Jack Grealish has to play every single full game until the end of his contract.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'd have United take the Etihad while a new stadium is built or OT is redeveloped and then give it to the reserves and women to play games at.

It could also be used as a northern home ground for the national side and potentially a neutral venue for cup matches and community shield

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I'd like to see their owners banned from the Premier League.

Zlatattack

Have a raffle where every Premier league club gets to take 1 of thier players.

On top of a 5 year xfer ban, stripping of titles, and relegation to league 2.

Tibs

It'll be overturned or minimal punishment, and then a 3 game ban for Scholes.

cyberman

Decimated as a club. When the annual fit and proper owners test comes up this year they’ll surely fail it since they just cheated English football for over a decade and changed the course of footballing history. If they dont fail that then some by has been paid off. It’s literally the biggest scandal english football has ever see .

As I posted elsewhere a Leeds owners in 2016 got banned from anything to do with football for 18 months for one instance with agents fees.
It’s 100 charges. Maybe the sheer amount has made people roll them into one but each punishment should carry its own weight. It won’t be a two window transfer ban for these few irregularities when you have many other similar irregularities behind that to be judged as well.
Otherwise you may as well go full throttle cheating next time if youre getting the same punishment for a few crimes as you do for 100

Chief123

They should have the severest punishment of having Maguire and Lindelof as their first choice defence for 4 seasons.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Our owners should be kicked out of City and made to buy United for the banter.

Djemba-Djemba

Relegation to the bottom of the football league pyramid.
It's this for me.

10 years of systemic cheating, they've denied us and Liverpool 3 titles each through their cheating, they've knocked teams out of the League Cup and FA Cup when they shouldn't have, they've prevented teams from making top 4 or Europe because of their cheating, they've bought players from other clubs who have struggled to replace them etc.

It's just had such a negative knock on effect for football, for example if Liverpool win the title in 2014 Rodgers doesn't get sacked the year later, same with Mourinho in 2018.

Fining them would mean absolutely feck all, it has to be a punishment that will really hurt. Relegation is the right punishment. They should really also be forced to sell up and get new owners because what's to say they don't just cheat in different ways.

Reactions: Fortitude

Shez

Stripped of titles and relegated
All the individuals who hid income from hmrc prosecuted as under law
All teams and individuals who missed out on income eligible to file civil suits for damages
City files for bankruptcy and ceases to exist

ridiculous that the above don’t seem like unfair demands

Zen86

Relegation, stripped of titles, and back to 100 fans cheering Shaun Goater types in League 1

WildTirkey101

Supports
Arsenal
F**k points deduction, relegate them. Relegate them into League 1 if they bitch about it, the Championship if they don't.

FriedClams

What I would like their punishment to be: All their players and staff put in prison where they belong. These people have cheated HMRC out of hundreds of millions.

What I think their punishment will be: 30 point deduction, 100m fine, cant register new players for two years but reduced to 1 on appeal.

edcunited1878

1. City voids all titles they won within the time period, there is no winner
  2. Point deductions starting next season for a minimum of 3 years (regardless of English pyramid tier they are in)
  3. All first team managers and assistant coaches, who were at City during the time period of investigation, are suspended for at least 1 season from any managerial or coaching position within the English football pyramid system
  4. An annual deduction of player salary by 50% for 3 years, which is essentially a wage cap and will force City to lose players or restructure their wages
  5. Transfer ban for purchasing/acquiring players for 3 years. Only can sell players, with all player sales evenly distributed to all clubs who were in the PL during each season of the time period investigated.

klsv

I'd like to see the Manchester derby be played between City and FC United.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I mean, you fecking cheat for a decade; what do you think should happen? Everything you've won is through ill-gotten means; all of it should be rescinded, and why would that be an outrageous statement to make?

That's not even punishment. The punishment should be a drop down the football pyramid and a transfer ban for multiple windows (minimum of 3yrs) on top of a massive fine. There should also be a criminal investigation into the shifting of funds under the table to pay for players and staff who would otherwise not be at your club.

You cannot possibly behave in this manner and expect a smack on the wrist. You should be punished to an unprecedented level, as fitting as what you've done is unprecedented.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Strip the titles and relegate them. Don't care about reassigning those titles to 2nd place, would feel weird and undeserved as it is different actually being top vs chasing and being a distant 2nd.

But deleting their success as well as relegating them ensures nobody would risk doing it again IMO.

JackRowley

And to be fair what will actually happens is, absolutely nothing, City have enough money to fight FA, who will have to fold and withdraw allegations, people or organisations with a bottomless pit of money just buy their way out of any misdemeanours

Mr.Hik

And I forgot to add, we should ban all city posters.
They have no shame.

Baneofthegame

I feel like ceasing to exist as a football club is the only way forward, seems appropriate.

Chief123

It's this for me.

10 years of systemic cheating, they've denied us and Liverpool 3 titles each through their cheating, they've knocked teams out of the League Cup and FA Cup when they shouldn't have, they've prevented teams from making top 4 or Europe because of their cheating, they've bought players from other clubs who have struggled to replace them etc.

It's just had such a negative knock on effect for football, for example if Liverpool win the title in 2014 Rodgers doesn't get sacked the year later, same with Mourinho in 2018.

Fining them would mean absolutely feck all, it has to be a punishment that will really hurt. Relegation is the right punishment. They should really also be forced to sell up and get new owners because what's to say they don't just cheat in different ways.
Agreed. The biggest impact out of their cheating has to be the teams that have been relegated due to their financial doping. Look at QPR for example who got relegated on the day city won their first title. Some of these teams haven’t been able to return to the premier league since. The impact of their cheating has spread so far and wide.