City schadenfreude - what would you like their punishment to be?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Something reasonable but not unjust, like having Paul Dickov's most important goal (and all subsequent results) struck off the record.

cyberman

A points deduction without a change in ownership is going to get nothing achieved. Lets say relegation to the championship, is that really gonna effect Abu Dhabi long term? 2 seasons (1 season in the championship and 1 rebuilding in the premier league) away from the top is nothing major in their goals for the club. If this sticks it has to come with a forced sale of ownership AND whatever else is handed out.
Leeds owner was banned for 18 months a few years ago for fecking about with one agents fee.
I guarantee nobody knows what going to happen. Not City nor the league. What’s fair could literally fold you as a club but is that too far? Who does that really benefit?

fergosaurus

Even relegation to the Championship would be too lenient given the scale of cheating. They need to get the Rangers treatment and be banished to the bottom. I'm not getting my hopes up because they'll likely wriggle their way out of it with a fine and and points deduction at worst.

Chief123

A points deduction without a change in ownership is going to get nothing achieved. Lets say relegation to the championship, is that really gonna effect Abu Dhabi long term? 2 seasons (1 season in the championship and 1 rebuilding in the premier league) away from the top is nothing major in their goals for the club. If this sticks it has to come with a forced sale of ownership AND whatever else is handed out.
The only reasonable solution is to fold the club and shutdown all operations.

Relegated to park football and forced to use jumpers for goal posts.

Entire squad and all non-playing staff ordered to form a human centipede for all hours during the week except for during aforementioned park matches, for 1 year.

Told to release Haaland to the Premier League team in closest proximity.

Tito Puente to use Pep's head as a bongo indefinitely.

Last edited:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Leeds owner was banned for 18 months a few years ago for fecking about with one agents fee.
I guarantee nobody knows what going to happen. Not City nor the league. What’s fair could literally fold you as a club but is that too far? Who does that really benefit?
Thats the thing, I think whatever happened we just need to suck it up and deal with it but unless every charge is dismissed a change in those who brought this about has to be 100% forced through. (Ownership, Executives etc...) No one involved at board level should ever be allowed to work in football again. Pep is he's taking dodgy money, same goes for players should all be hit with 10+ year suspensions too. Basically anyone who has cheated.

Whats the point for example in relegating us to Championship and allowing the same ownership, we'll be back competing in 2 seasons (even on legit money/income).

Tormentorres

Supports
Liverpool
As a Liverpool supporter, I would like a 10 point deduction for City for each of the last 10 seasons.

Last edited:

RedDevilQuebecois

Even relegation to the Championship would be too lenient given the scale of cheating. They need to get the Rangers treatment and be banished to the bottom. I'm not getting my hopes up because they'll likely wriggle their way out of it with a fine and and points deduction at worst.
Exactly. City should be outright expelled out of the Football League and forced to start all over again from scratch.

If it was for me, City would also see their titles revoked just like Juventus tasted that in the fallout of the Calciopoli scandal.

cyberman

Thats the thing, I think whatever happened we just need to suck it up and deal with it but unless every charge is dismissed a change in those who brought this about has to be 100% forced through. (Ownership, Executives etc...) No one involved at board level should ever be allowed to work in football again. Pep is he's taking dodgy money, same goes for players should all be hit with 10+ year suspensions too. Basically anyone who has cheated.

Whats the point for example in relegating us to Championship and allowing the same ownership, we'll be back competing in 2 seasons (even on legit money/income).
It’s strange because lack of cooperation guarantees the harshest punishment possible. That’s the entire point of giving lighter sentences for cooperation.
it reads like they seeing out their tenure by putting the end off as long as they could but are accepting their fate when it comes.
Everything bar owning your own stadium is fantastic, your training ground is ridiculous. It won’t be the local butchers buying City off your owners, it’s just how far down the league they have to return from imo

It should be the same as Juventus. Stripped of their titles and relegated.

I reckon they will get a 1 year transfer ban, delayed for a year or two to let them plan ahead like Chelsea, and a couple of million fine to really hit them where it hurts.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If you're found to have cheated on a test retrospectively.....they don't allow you to keep the grade. You have to retake.

If you cheat on a TV quiz show like they famously did on Millionaire....they don't allow you to keep the prize money.

If you cheat in Athletics or cycling by taking drugs you don't get to keep your medals.

City should have everything stripped away. It's beyond ridiculous if they don't. None of it was earned fairly.

padr81

Supports
Man City
It’s strange because lack of cooperation guarantees the harshest punishment possible. That’s the entire point of giving lighter sentences for cooperation.
it reads like they seeing out their tenure by putting the end off as long as they could but are accepting their fate when it comes.
Everything bar owning your own stadium is fantastic, your training ground is ridiculous. It won’t be the local butchers buying City off your owners, it’s just how far down the league they have to return from imo
Its what they did vs UEFA to get to CAS, basically tell the group you are fighting with feck off and then deal with what comes next. Similar approach here, the independant group will get access to what they like. I have no idea why to be honest, but its exactly what City did before. Funny enough it was one of the things CAS actually did find us guilty on.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
What I would like their punishment to be: All their players and staff put in prison where they belong. These people have cheated HMRC out of hundreds of millions.

What I think their punishment will be: 30 point deduction, 100m fine, cant register new players for two years but reduced to 1 on appeal.
There is no appeal available I think.

And I forgot to add, we should ban all city posters.
They have no shame.
I'd say @padr81 is quite humorous and easy going about the whole affair.

A points deduction isn't enough. If you told their owners 12 years ago that eventually you're going to be rumbled and all that will happen is a 15 to 20 PTS deduction meaning you miss out on one league title....they would have bitten your hand off. What kind of deterrent is that?

The league titles and cups are all tainted now. None of them should count in the history of the league. Don't need to award them to runners up either. Just leave them as no winners / vacant.

Relegation to the championship should be a no brainer too. They can't be allowed to not suffer for this. 100+ breaches is simply outrageous.
Absolutely this.

It's a bit tricky, this change in ownership business. I know they are cnuts and they've behaved unethically throughout (as we saw from those leaked lawyer emails a couple of years ago). But if they are forced out as owners and then the club left in League Two, isn't that mostly punishment for the supporters? If you fine the owners a billion before declaring them unfit in an owner capacity, sure, but the punishment shouldn't bite the supporters more than the current owners and hierarchy, I don't think. Tricky though.

padr81

Supports
Man City
It's a bit tricky, this change in ownership business. I know they are cnuts and they've behaved unethically throughout (as we saw from those leaked lawyer emails a couple of years ago). But if they are forced out as owners and then the club left in League Two, isn't that mostly punishment for the supporters? If you fine the owners a billion before declaring them unfit in an owner capacity, sure, but the punishment shouldn't bite the supporters more than the current owners and hierarchy, I don't think. Tricky though.
Tough balance for sure. Honestly I got no clue how it all plays out but I hope it leads to new owners.

cyberman

Its what they did vs UEFA to get to CAS, basically tell the group you are fighting with feck off and then deal with what comes next. Similar approach here, the independant group will get access to what they like. I have no idea why to be honest, but its exactly what City did before. Funny enough it was one of the things CAS actually did find us guilty on.
Yeah but they were waiting out the time bar then. That doesn’t exist now. There was a method to your stalling.
There’s a theory that City aren’t releasing any more because what would be revealed isn’t time barred for UEFA so they’re trying to avoid a double bubble but who the feck knows at this point.
Honestly, I believe the owners will agree to go if the punishments aren’t too harsh and that’ll be the end of it

USREDEVIL

The amount of alleged violations is insane. If many are found they should be relegated and imposed a transfer ban for 3 years.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah but they were waiting out the time bar then. That doesn’t exist now. There was a method to your stalling.
There’s a theory that City aren’t releasing any more because what would be revealed isn’t time barred for UEFA so they’re trying to avoid a double bubble but who the feck knows at this point.
Honestly, I believe the owners will agree to go if the punishments aren’t too harsh and that’ll be the end of it
What was time barred when it went to CAS was time barred before the Der Spiegel stuff there was no waiting out necessary. It was for City to deal with what they called a "fair" hearing (take that for what you will).

With the PL its the same, its just power tripping really, shoulda just given but Uefa and the PL access to everything and been done with it but pure publicity of we're not dealing with Uefa/PL picking on us nonsense.

USREDEVIL

Poisoned the well. Fruit of the poisonous tree.
Yes i know this legal doctrine. However, isnt some of the information/documents that were hacked and obtained illegally the very same information that the investigators were trying to get before, legally? If so, at least in America, there could be an exception to the fruit of the poisonous doctrine: "Inevitable discovery: If, despite the tainted source, the evidence would have been discovered anyway, then the evidence will be admissible."

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
Force Baldy to wear a really bad and obvious toupee.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I think they should just be returned to the state that they were in before Mansour took them over. That’ll do.

tomaldinho1

Yes i know this legal doctrine. However, isnt some of the information/documents that were hacked and obtained illegally not the same information that the investigators were trying to get before? If so, at least in America, there could be an argument that the doctrine should not apply. "Inevitable discovery: If, despite the tainted source, the evidence would have been discovered anyway, then the evidence will be admissible."
The DS hack promoted the investigation but the investigation is directly between the PL and City, City lost in court and have to provide them with what they ask for so any information they have they can use.

Personally I think their only option, assuming City are guilty, will be to copy the Serie A model, title strip and relegate. City will be back up in a season and probably back in the CL within another 1-2 years (even though they've cheated to get there you can't erase what they've built commercially) and it's the only way the league saves any kind of face.

Von Mistelroum

Honestly they will get a fine big enough to let the PL look like winners but to offer no real punishment.

What should happen is that, at the absolute minimum they should be stripped of all titles won in years when they've cheated. Ideally, they should also have points deducted and a transfer ban. I'd be happy with just the titles being stripped though because I'm so sure it'll just be a fine.

desertegil

Supports
ODDs Ballklubb
Strip them of every trophy won in a season they cheated, relegate them, give them a big fine, and add a clause about automatic expulsion from the league if they are found break financial rules again in the next 20 years.

crossy1686

career ending
Relegation to League 1. Owners banned from the sport, all sponsor money null and void and they're not allowed to count it towards their revenue, 2 season transfer ban.

Sly1

Schadenfreude maybe not the word, but potential justice served. Anyhow, would be fun to come up with some options and vote on the more realistic ones.
1. 90 point deduction.
2. Relegation to league 2
3. All titles stripped off.
4. A huge fine which will be given to charity.
5. A 5 year transfer ban.
6. A 10 year ban each on owners and administrators.
7. Must be forced to pay a compensation of £200 million each to all affected clubs.
8. Culprits must receive some lashes.
9. Must be made to fill their stadium in every match.
10. Must be made to sign bond of good behaviour.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Trophies stripped and an asterisk followed by 'Trophy withheld due to Manchester City cheating' so that future generations won't be allowed to forget.

lex talionis

In all seriousness, the punishment must be severe, not a slap on the Rolex-wearing wrist, even if the financial amount is in the hundreds of millions of pounds. Such a fine would be an insult. The official record must reflect an expungement of their previous trophies and they must be immediately relegated, even if only to the Championship, and they must be expelled from any remaining cup competitions they're still in.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It should be relegation to League 2 and it would be the best thing for the club and the supporters. A clean slate where any future success could be earned properly and celebrated as such.

The Irish Connection

I genuinely think they should be relegated at least two divisions and given transfer bans. It’s a million times worse than anything we’ve seen before.
The fact that they regularly bragged about net spend and that none of their players were paid more than 200k a week is just mind boggling.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Why are we doing this? Exciting ourselves at potential bans only to be eventually disappointed when the PL only gives them a fine or even drops all charges.

Look, already starting with this incompetent sh*t