CL 19/20 Group Stages: Week 6 (Last Round)

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
What a turnaround for Dortmund - against a Conte team. Hakimi's impact in the second half has been immense, even beyond his goals.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
In all seriousness, Ajax are some side. To get a win and a draw over two games against them is something I would've bitten your hand off for when the group was drawn.

TheThingThatShouldNotBe

Supports
Chelsea
The handball laws are laughable, shouldn’t have been a penalty and shouldn’t have disallowed Azpi’s goal. First red card was nailed on, second was a joke.

I always thought a ref wasn’t allowed to play the advantage if he’s going to give a red card? If he blows up for the foul by Blind the handball doesn’t happen.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Honestly that had to be one of the worst 30 seconds you're likely to see from a ref. Blind was fouled in the first place, and even by the news handball rules it's not a handball, let alone a yellow card

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
How on gods green earth did that 5th goal get taken away for handball?! Arm down by his side, not making any sort of move towards the ball. Nothing. Crazy.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Chin up lads. You moved heavens to get the draw with the refs against you.
We got the h2h advantage now anyway...

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
How on gods green earth did that 5th goal get taken away for handball?! Arm down by his side, not making any sort of move towards the ball. Nothing. Crazy.
The new rule is if the ball hits an attackers arm/hand it's given as a foul no matter if intentional or unintentional.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I know I bang on about this subject but so cool to see Reece James doing a post match interview after having scored in the Champions League against Ajax.

His little sister plays for you lot!

edcunited1878

How do you allow Ajax that much of the ball and clear chances with 9 men? Ajax are good, but again, Chelsea's defense is suspect. It showed again today and they were fortunate to draw.

Yagami

Good post resistant
sorry, gonna have to explain, only red button I have in my head is from Genesis video, Land of confusion, and I have no idea how that got in my head. Must be beer.
:lol:

Well, over here in England, they're going to be prioritising the United-Arsenal game, but if you press the red button on your remote when on BT Sports, it'll then bring up the other games and you can then change to another match it you want.

I'm terrible at explaining things so I hope I helped you there :lol:

Classical Mechanic

sorry, gonna have to explain, only red button I have in my head is from Genesis video, Land of confusion, and I have no idea how that got in my head. Must be beer.
If you’re streaming illegally from another country I’m not sure if it would work for you. The red button is something we have in remotes here and it gives you extra options on the channel you’re watching if there are additional features. The person you were streaming from would be in charge of which channel you watch.

UncleBob

I know I bang on about this subject but so cool to see Reece James doing a post match interview after having scored in the Champions League against Ajax.

His little sister plays for you lot!
i see you still havent explained the rules for handball

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
:lol:

Well, over here in England, they're going to be prioritising the United-Arsenal game, but if you press the red button on your remote when on BT Sports, it'll then bring up the other games and you can then change to another match it you want.

I'm terrible at explaining things so I hope I helped you there :lol:
It is a very good explanation, thanks, or maybe beer makes me understand better. :lol: Thanks

If you’re streaming illegally from another country I’m not sure if it would work for you. The red button is something we have in remotes here and it gives you extra options on the channel you’re watching if there are additional features.
Who? Me? Never! So no red button for me than.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
How do you allow Ajax that much of the ball and clear chances with 9 men? Ajax are good, but again, Chelsea's defense is suspect. It showed again today and they were fortunate to draw.
It's going to be a continuing problem for us with these two CB's. They're both unbelievably athletic and quick and they're great aerially. Their biggest weakness is concentration.

We really could do with Rüdiger back ASAP.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
How on Earth was your 2nd pen given then

For the love of god show some objectivity

Supports
Ajax
I know he got sent off but how was my boy Blind before he got the red?
Typical Blind, quite solid and organised. Very important for the build up.

Was a fraction of a second too late on the foul, but no intention to harm the player as he had full focus on the ball. Didn’t need to be a yellow honestly, but you can give one for it.

My take, Blind was fouled first, ref should have known he had no advantage from that duel and whistled there and then. But he didn’t.

Subsequently should never have been a penalty. Veltman even tries to pull his arm away. Never worth a second yellow.

Plenty of times I would have expected a yellow for aggressive pushing by Chelsea players.

The 2-4 seemed off-side, at least as if not worse off-side than Promes in the homematch.

Over two matches, Chelsea got extremely and very undeservedly lucky. Maybe spend some more Chelsea lads. Your budget is probably too small.

Supports
Ajax
Aye, you would've never beat us 4-0 if the ref gave that pen!:nervous:
Exactly. Total fluke. You completely had it if the ref had been as normal as Rocchi.

Really disappointed in Stam’s performance this season though, but granted, management royally screwed up on Feyenoord’s purchases. Think they should have gone for more youths though.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea

Was a fraction of a second too late on the foul, but no intention to harm the player as he had full focus on the ball. Didn’t need to be a yellow honestly, but you can give one for it.

My take, Blind was fouled first, ref should have known he had no advantage from that duel and whistled there and then. But he didn’t.

Subsequently should never have been a penalty. Veltman even tries to pull his arm away. Never worth a second yellow.

Plenty of times I would have expected a yellow for aggressive pushing by Chelsea players.

The 2-4 seemed off-side, at least as if not worse off-side than Promes in the homematch.

Over two matches, Chelsea got extremely and very undeservedly lucky. Maybe spend some more Chelsea lads. Your budget is probably too small.
In 2 games you couldnt beat our kids. Our best player and cb and loftus cheek missing to boot.

Supports
Ajax
In 2 games you couldnt beat our kids. Our best player and cb and loftus cheek missing to boot.
You sound like a certain Tottenham fan from last season. You got lucky with ref decisions in both matches.

Edit: And wait, you think YOUR team is younger?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Thanks mate. Good to see Ajax being a hard place to visit over the last couple years.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

You scored 4 goals from 2 shots in target and we're the ones who are lucky :houllier::lol: