CL 19/20 Group Stages: Week 6 (Last Round)

Attacking Midfielder

Supports
Ajax
I don't think you can find a lot of us we don't like him. There were some doubts when he started in January because he never played for us and has somewhat of an accent (Yeah I know, who cares?), after losing some matches #tenhagout was even trending on Twitter, but I do believe he convinced every Ajax fan last season. Not only because we got into the CL semis and won the domestic double, but mainly because of the way we did it. It's an absolute joy to watch Ajax play and that's a big part thanks to Ten Hag.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Other than that I don"t remember any other clear "opportunity" by Inter.
Other than ter stegen's miracle save? They had a bunch more decent opportunities but fecked them up. Maybe should have had a penalty, too, 50/50 situation

On the other hand, barcelona had what, 2 chances? And a bunch of opportunities...

In the end, draw would have been a fair result.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sorry, a chance is a shot on target saved by the GK or the post. That was an amazing long ball assist + a crap first touch.
Surely that's not the only criteria to constitute a chance, is an open goal miss a yard out not considered a chance because it hasn't hit the target?

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Other than ter stegen's miracle save? They had a bunch more decent opportunities but fecked them up. Maybe should have had a penalty, too, 50/50 situation

On the other hand, barcelona had what, 2 chances? And a bunch of opportunities...

Yeah, a 1-1.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Man Utd should buy a couple of gems from Ajax. DeJong and DeLigt are already married but the rest of the Starting XI is great too. Van de Beek, christ...

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Wtf did Leipzeg do? First Werner conjured the miss of the season, an absolute sitter. Then Upamecano fluffs a clearance and Lyon score.

Werner has another easy one on one chance and fluffs it, then Poulsen has a header cleared off the line. Another couple of chances for Leipzeg later, Mukiele plays tricks outside his own box, loses the ball and then Lyon score again.

Leipzeg shot themselves, got up, and shot themselves again. Can't blame Nagelsmann for that, pathetic from his players.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I was at the Barca match just 6 rows away from Messi, what a great second half!

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

In the second half Inter got annihilated. Barca had 17 shots with 7 on target while Inter had 11 with just 3 on target.

Inter deserved more in the first half but Vidal sub onward Barca were clearly a class above them

Having said that, Inter have to be annoyed they weren’t more clinical

Tostao_80

But I'm not going to fool myself: this Barça is even slighty worse than the 18-19 one. The main difference is that Cou is gone and DeJong is in.
Griezmann not an able deputy if Suarez misfires? Doubt that the useless Valverde would ever drop Suarez.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Messi lost his first step. He needs a running start to explode or else he can't really explode from zero anymore

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
In the second half Inter got annihilated. Barca had 17 shots with 7 on target while Inter had 11 with just 3 on target.

Inter deserved more in the first half but Vidal sub onward Barca were clearly a class above them

Having said that, Inter have to be annoyed they weren’t more clinical
Annihilated is a big word :D

Inter struggled to break barca's press but were still fairly in control at the back. Barca had created nothing until Suarez conjured a goal out of his arse, had the big chance with griezmann, then their best opportunity after that was a dembele shot from outside the box...until the goal

It's telling that the 2-1 came on a transition, a counterattack. Messi did his thing, Suarez his, helped along by a rare positional mistake by Godin
Griezmann not an able deputy if Suarez misfires? Doubt that the useless Valverde would ever drop Suarez.
I mean, this game kinda just proved his[valverde] point :lol:

Abe144

Supports
CD Guadalajara
Messi lost his first step. He needs a running start to explode or else he can't really explode from zero anymore
He's coming back from injury he's not 100% fit. And his first step didn't look bad in the lead up to Suarez's 2nd...

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
All the more reason why it's absolutely incredible what that club has achieved over the decades.
Yeah, the amount of trophies they nearly won is amazing. They'll soon need an extra almost cabinet for it!
bantz init

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Conte fuming because they spent so much before the Juve game and were robbed by classic uefalona. :lol:

Just shoot me

Ajax doesn't really seem to be any weaker. Tadic, Ziyech, Neres, Promes & VdBeek are pretty much uncontrollable for any defense and buying Lisandro Martinez for 6 million is just a ridiculous bargain. Sorry to say this, but he would've been perfect for United's midfield.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Conte fuming because they spent so much before the Juve game and were robbed by classic uefalona. :lol:
They were robbed wth?! They got pumped after Vidal came on

And funny coming from a Juventus fan where they get all the dubious calls in serie A

Ajax doesn't really seem to be any weaker. Tadic, Ziyech, Neres, Promes & VdBeek are pretty much uncontrollable for any defense and buying Lisandro Martinez for 6 million is just a ridiculous bargain. Sorry to say this, but he would've been perfect for United's midfield.
When do they play Chelsea?

piesel

They were robbed wth?! They got pumped after Vidal came on

And funny coming from a Juventus fan where they get all the dubious calls in serie A
This thing has become old and stale, in recent years it's actually the opposite.
Go watch some Napoli games if you want to see babysitting.

Supports
Ajax
Yeah, the amount of trophies they nearly won is amazing. They'll soon need an extra almost cabinet for it!
bantz init
Still almost three times the almost cabinet space as the almost best team* of almost Rotterdam** requires.

* Sparta and Feyenoord are doing about equally well this year thusfar, Feyenoord barely drew them 2-2 and just barely managed to rank a position above them since last weekend
**For the locals: my Spartan friends claim only historic, northern Rotterdam is real Rotterdam, so really there is no actual contest.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Still almost three times the almost cabinet space as the almost best team* of almost Rotterdam** requires.

* Sparta and Feyenoord are doing about equally well this year thusfar, Feyenoord barely drew them 2-2 and just barely managed to rank a position above them since last weekend
**For the locals: my Spartan friends claim only historic, northern Rotterdam is real Rotterdam, so really there is no actual contest.
:lol:

:(

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
This thing has become old and stale, in recent years it's actually the opposite.
Go watch some Napoli games if you want to see babysitting.
BS, watch the Brescia match, absolute bias from the ref. Juve always got the most beneficial officiating

All the major teams do