CL 19/20 Group Stages: Week 6 (Last Round)

wr8_utd

:'(
Dembele can be frustrating with some of his decision making and giving away of the ball but he's ten times better an option than Griezmann on the left. Hope Valverde sticks to him/Fati off the left wing.

fps

Makes me think of that pass Pogba put Rashford in on the left-hand channel against Arsenal. And how Rashford fell over. Two quality players in tandem = mayhem.

OohAahMartial

Inter are being too passive, playing so deep and inviting wave after wave of pressure against them. To do that against the threats that Barcelona has in their side is very risky. Same mistake Jose made with us all the time.
Like I said, same mistake we made last season.

I like how we now play a high line and high press, and try to keep the game in their half and not ours.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Barcelona's record in home european games has to be one of the most impressive streaks in football

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Makes me think of that pass Pogba put Rashford in on the left-hand channel against Arsenal. And how Rashford fell over. Two quality players in tandem = mayhem.
I expect that from Pogba-Martial combo.

fps

Hes the one that totally fcked up the chance to make it 4-0 Barca in the semi final last season right?
Yep, Messi put it on a plate for him and he missed it, then Barca went out. But they look better with him in... or is that with Griezmann out?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Hes the one that totally fcked up the chance to make it 4-0 Barca in the semi final last season right?
yup and the season before vs Roma. Had a chance to score from 30m - Roma goal was empty.

always_hoping

Tip my hat to Salzburg, better teams than them would get beaten 4 or 5-0 if they found themselves 3-0 behind in Anfield. Just a pity they didn't get a draw when they leveled it 3-3.

fps

Well that became incredibly one-sided. Inter couldn't keep it up, Vidal made a massive difference, they were swamped by the end.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
One of the best away performances I've seen at Anfield for a while.

Salzburg away will be fun...

wr8_utd

:'(
Fair play to Suarez. He had a horrendous match till the goal and yet came up two brilliant finishes.
Messi with his second start of the season and was showing signs of getting back to his best.
Dembele gave the ball away stupidly but he's still got the pace and skill to cause some panic (for both teams).
Barca need to start with this trident at the weekend vs Sevilla. Griezmann, if he's not playing up top, doesn't deserve to start and should be on the bench.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
One of the best away performances I've seen at Anfield for a while.

Salzburg away will be fun...
We play them away in our final group game. Hopefully they get a couple of draws with Napoli now and we beat Genk home and away followed by a win against Napoli which would see us qualify as group winners before having to play them

pregra

Supports
FC Barcelona,Argentina
Just the 10 successfull dribbles from Messi tonight. Great 2nd half from him with limited fitness. Suarez absolute crap for most of the game and two quality finishes, the usual these days. Replacing Busquets with Vidal really helped. Busquets is done I think. Also, they’ll get nowhere near the CL trophy with that turtle CB pairing.

Heyli

Supports
Ajax
I don't think De Jong is as good as some build him up to be. Certainly not better than a prime Rakitic.
I dont think that´s a fair comparisson. De Jong is best on the Busquets´ position. Just before the defence. Rakitic needs to be more foward. Really a shame that Valverde doesn´t really know what he wants with all his players yet. The talent is there, they just need to make sure he builds a team out of it. Not sure if he´ll be able to do so...

Heyli

Supports
Ajax
Lovely evening of football as an Ajax fan. The final score doesn´t do justice to Valencia though, they had a lot of chances. Onana Motm! But they were efficient and great result to be 6-0 after the first 2 group phase games! Hopefully they can build on that.

Salzburg got close, but not close enough. They are definitely a dangerous side. Not the most popular team of Austria, but they´ve got talent, so curious to see how far they get...!

All in all, looks like another fun evening in the CL!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Barcelona are, well, us under Zidane. With the big difference that we were more adaptable and had a much stronger mentality

But the underlying plan is the same: we win because our players are better than yours

Supports
Ajax
They probably didn't play there 2016-2018?
Pretty much.

2014/2015 - played PSG, Barcelona and Apoel Nicosia. Won one, drew two, lost three.

2015/2016 - Ousted in the CL play-offs by Rapid Wien, went on to play EL but didn’t pass the group stages (3rd behind Molde and Fenerbahce)

2016/2017 - Ousted from CL play-offs by FC Rostov, went on to play Man Utd in the EL finals.

2017/2018 - 3rd Qual round lost to Nice 3-3 aggregate (1-1 and 2-2), went on to play Rosenborg and lost both matches 0-1 and 3-2 (4-2 aggregate).

2018/2019 - Only lost to Real Madrid (we know how that ended) and Tottenham (bastards waiting for the last seconds to end the dream and do bugger all against Liverpool).