CL Semi-Finals 13/14 - April 22,23,29,30

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
He had the most expensive team in Europe with Ronaldo the cherry on the top but still failed to reach a final. Fail.
I agree. RM not getting to final with him is a huge blot on the resume.

malappapper

He had the most expensive team in Europe with Ronaldo the cherry on the top but still failed to reach a final. Fail.
Still people making all kinds of excuses for him. Like me claiming that Barca not reaching a CL final in 3 years is not a big deal. It is a big deal, it is a complete and utter failure with capital letters. End of story.

malappapper

Now I don't mind Xabi Alonso's yellow card yesterday anymore! He will be a big miss! So glad Koke didn't see yellow today! Can actually see Atletico winning the final! Hope they do, would be amazing! They won't have another year like this so soon again.
The team that beats Barca...

RedStarUnited

Two, I would say. No way Barca will be helping Real to a treble! No way on this planet!!!

It will be the greatest miracle in the history of European football. Surely! Unless someone has something else in mind.
The Barcelona game is meaningless if they win the 2 games before that. They have a superior head to head with Madrid.

malappapper

The Barcelona game is meaningless if they win the 2 games before that. They have a superior head to head with Madrid.
I know, but I was trying to say that it wouldn't be necessary for them to win more than one of their next two games (Malaga at home and Levante away) As long as a Barca win over Atleti means Real Madrid winning the league, they have nothing to worry about. It's not as if Pinto is too hard to score against anyway, but the Camp Nou faithful will be literally cheering the Atletico goals if it comes to that. They did us a similar favour in the Ronaldinho days, when they happily shipped 5 at home, so that Real would not win the league. Atletico fans made it clear to the players that they had no option but to gift Barcelona the game, and hence the title. Now, if by some miracle both Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid drop 2 points each, then it becomes a totally different ball game.

Real Madrid are still to play: Valencia (h), Valladolid (a), Celta Vigo (a) and Espanyol (h)

Barcelona are still to play: Getafe (h), Elche (a), Atletico Madrid (h)

Atletico need two wins, and they are champions.

Real Madrid need to win all their games, and Atletico to drop more than 3 points.

Barcelona need to win all their games, and Atletico and Real to draw one each.

Last edited:

Cal?

CR7 fan
I know, but I was trying to say that it wouldn't be necessary for them to win more than one of their next two games (Malaga at home and Levante away) As long as a Barca win over Atleti means Real Madrid winning the league, they have nothing to worry about. It's not as if Pinto is too hard to score against anyway, but the Camp Nou faithful will be literally cheering the Atletico goals if it comes to that. They did us a similar favour in the Ronaldinho days, when they happily shipped 5 at home, so that Real would not win the league. Atletico fans made it clear to the players that they had no option but to gift Barcelona the game, and hence the title. Now, if by some miracle both Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid drop 2 points each, then it becomes a totally different ball game.
What if AM drop 2 pts yet RM doesn't? Will Barca go into the game hoping to win and Espanyol perform a miracle or just lose to AM to prevent a RM Treble?

malappapper

What if AM drop 2 pts yet RM doesn't? Will Barca go into the game hoping to win and Espanyol perform a miracle or just lose to AM to prevent a RM Treble?
Well, rationality would imply the latter. But it will become intriguing in such a scenario. I think they will be waiting to see what happens. Of course with Barca's injuries, and lack of motivation since the recent disappointments, and Atleti flying high, the possibility of Simeone's men storming the Camp Nou is a real one. It's a shame that Barca couldn't at least get a draw in Granada. The season finale would have been utterly epic. Extremely poor finishing in that game from Alexis, Cesc, Messi, Iniesta and Neymar. A host of chances went begging... Oh well. :(

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Chelsea - Liverpool 4-4?

The first leg of Barca - Atletico this season was also of extremely high quality.
He said finals

Last year final between Bayern and Dortmund was very good. As was United-Chelsea despite going to pens. AC-Juve from 2002 was garbage.

malappapper

He said finals

Last year final between Bayern and Dortmund was very good. As was United-Chelsea despite going to pens. AC-Juve from 2002 was garbage.
Yes he did. My bad. Chelsea - United was very good. I recently re-watched that game, very high quality. Last year's final was also good to be honest, lucky for Bayern I would also add. Valencia started well against Real Madrid in 2000, but Real were extremely efficient with their chances.

The Juve-Milan final is something I cannot even recall.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
I think the final will be pretty exciting. Its fair to say, that these are the best teams of the season, so both deserve to be in the final. I am not worried, that we´ll see bad football or a one sided match. They are also local rivals and there is the "small vs big" narrative. It has everything to become the best CL match of the season.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Chelsea - Liverpool 4-4?

The first leg of Barca - Atletico this season was also of extremely high quality.
Final, there's been plenty of same country QF, SF that were good.

Last year was good and so was 2008. And I am one of the few who liked the 2003 Final.
To be fair I kind of forgot last year when I posted that.

United v Chelsea wasn't a great game for the neutrals but gripping for most of us and turned out great due to the Terry slip.

Real v Valencia was so one sided, Milan v Juve was a proper snorefest.

Winrar

The Juve-Milan final is something I cannot even recall.
It was the one played at Old Trafford 11 years ago that ended 0-0 and Milan won on penalties. Unless you mean it was such a non-event that it doesn't deserve to be remembered.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Final, there's been plenty of same country QF, SF that were good.

To be fair I kind of forgot last year when I posted that.

United v Chelsea wasn't a great game for the neutrals but gripping for most of us and turned out great due to the Terry slip.

Real v Valencia was so one sided, Milan v Juve was a proper snorefest.
I have never heard anyone say that United Chelsea CL final was a bore match. Even though no goal was scored after the HT, both the second half and ET were full were very eventful in terms of attacking play.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I have never heard anyone say that United Chelsea CL final was a bore match. Even though no goal was scored after the HT, both the second half and ET were full were very eventful in terms of attacking play.
It wasn't a bore, but not a great game. Tbf, most CL finals aren't great games.