Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

30 April 2014 Wednesday
19:45 BST
@ Stamford Bridge
Chelsea vs Atletico Madrid

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Chelsea's team is baffling. Luiz, Mikel, Ramires and Lampard all in the same midfield :wenger:

zing

Zingle balls
I'm thinking of going to sleep now itself instead of waiting for Chelsea's football to do it

zing

Zingle balls
Cech, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Mikel, Luiz, Lampard, Ramires, Willian, Torres

Courtois,Juanfran,Miranda, Godin,Filipe Luis, Gabi, Suarez, Koke, Diego Ribas, Raul Garcia, Diego Costa

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
That's the worst team Chelsea have put out all season. Where's Ivanovic and Oscar? Aiden Azar on the bench?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Don't see why Atletico are favourites to progress. Expect Chelsea to get a draw tonight, even a 1-0/2-1 defeat and I'd still back them to turn it round at Stamford Bridge. Shame Mourinho is there, I'd grown quite used to backing Chelsea in Europe.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Torres first appearance at the Calderon since he left. Missed the last two chances to play there whilst at Liverpool. Who knows he might be back there next season if Chelsea want Costa.

Nickosaur

Atlético Madrid
13 Courtois
20 Juanfran
03 Filipe Luis
04 Suárez
23 Miranda
02 Godín
06 Koke
14 Gabi
19 Diego Costa
08 Raúl García
26 Diego
Substitutes
01 Aranzubia
05 Tiago
09 Villa
10 Turan
11 Rodríguez
12 Alderweireld
24 Sosa

Chelsea
01 Cech
28 Azpilicueta
03 Cole
04 David Luiz
24 Cahill
26 Terry
12 Mikel
08 Lampard
09 Torres
07 Ramires
22 Willian
Substitutes
11 Oscar
14 Schürrle
16 Van Ginkel
19 Ba
23 Schwarzer
27 Aké
33 Kalas

Hazard still injured, Ivanovic suspended. Thanks Spiersey.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Hopefully this inspires Atletico to try and attack us. If we can bring them on to us, we will win.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Don't see why Atletico are favourites to progress. Expect Chelsea to get a draw tonight, even a 1-0/2-1 defeat and I'd still back them to turn it round at Stamford Bridge. Shame Mourinho is there, I'd grown quite used to backing Chelsea in Europe.
Why wouldn't they be? They're better than Chelsea.

Ruht

I just died a little inside after seeing Chelsea's line-up. Naught surprising there considering how Mourinho sets up in away matches but still..

They still know how to grind out results but I reckon Atletico will win this. Narrow 1:0 for me, I feel they won't let them score. Hazard is a huge miss for them.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I can't see Chelsea winning tonight. I fear for their midfield pretty much the same way I fear for ours when we line up.

Complete mismatch (on paper at least).

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I see! How long has Van Ginkel been back in the frame?
He's been playing reserve and u21 matches recently. This could be his first time in the squad since his injury. Don't think he was in the squad against Sunderland but I've tried to forget everything about that game, so he might have been. I have high hopes for him though.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
I trust you will all be supporting us tonight now its irrelevant what form we go into Anfield with. Lets go and thrash this lot! Going for 0-0!

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Will be a very low scoring game. Chelsea don't really have any players who can win a game, so they will be content with a low defeat or a goalless draw. Atletico have been winning narrowly lately, whilst being very solid at the back.

saivet

Not too familiar with a lot of the Atletico players, how will their 11 set up formation wise?

saivet

I trust you will all be supporting us tonight now its irrelevant what form we go into Anfield with. Lets go and thrash this lot! Going for 0-0!
Not a chance.

I think this will be a dull one, 1-0 Atletico.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I hope you get the biggest fisting Costa has ever given anyone.

You had one job to do after we handed over £37.1m for Juan Mata. Failures.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
This season they have been but Mourinho's Champions League record is pretty much unrivaled and Chelsea still a very capable set of players.
His Semi Final record is awful though. Atlético unbeaten at home and unbeaten in the Champions League, this is definitely a tough tie for them and whether they go through or not, Chelsea are deservedly underdogs.

Not too familiar with a lot of the Atletico players, how will their 11 set up formation wise?
4-4-1-1 probably, Raúl García on the right, Koke left with Diego behind Diego Costa.

saivet

4-4-1-1 probably, Raúl García on the right, Koke left with Diego behind Diego Costa.
Thanks, I'm correct in thinking this is the same Diego who impressed in Germany (Wolfsburg or Weder Bremen or something beginning with W) right?

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Thanks, I'm correct in thinking this is the same Diego who impressed in Germany (Wolfsburg or Weder Bremen or something beginning with W) right?
Yep, Porto to Werder to Juve to Wolfsburg to Atleti, where he looks at home, finally.

Mighty Boosh

Indeed. Thought at the time that he was a brilliant signing for Juventus but things never really worked out for him with them.