Clarence Seedorf

Sonny1972

i knew i was nuts when the squirrels started stari

After Massimiliano Allegri got fired in the morning, following Sassuolo majestic failure and 4-3 defeat, 37 years old Dutch midfielder and AC Milan legend Clarence Seedorf, currently playing for Botafogo, is about to be signed as new Rossoneri manager. Italian club will in fact be allowed to have him join into their staff without paying Brazilian side any releasing clause. The appointing will probably officialized between today's late afternoon and tomorrow.

westlife4ever

Has he got the license?

My Milan supporting mate has been wanting Allegri gone for a long time. But to be fair he didn't have much funds to work on. Letting Pirlo go was a mistake. Now they just signed Honda and he was sacked. Poor guy.

Robbie Boy

Strange one, possibly letting sentiment get in the way of actual management ability.

What a player though, part of a good era for AC Milan when he was there. Looking at their line-up in the defeat against Sassuolo last night must be depressing to their fans when they think of some of the great sides of the past. He will have his work cut out, that is for sure.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Woah. Never saw him as a manager type. Great player though. Milan are possibly the only big European club going through a worse time than us and I hope they get their act together.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Love the guy brilliant player and comes across so well on TV as a pundit.

Hope he does well

Sam

I like Seedorf, always comes across very well. Hope he does well.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
One of my favorite players to watch, even though I only saw him in the 2nd half of his career.

He was a master. Up there with some of the best of his generation. The job he did on our midfield in 2007 is what allowed Kaka to wreak havoc. Carrick et. al couldn't get near him.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
Wish him all the best. Great player in his prime. He really destroyed us 2007. Quite a bold choice for them. I hope he follows Ancelotti in helping them win trophies as player and manager.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
He's intelligent and a thinker about the game. A wee bit aloof so he may face the same management challenges the likes of Hoddle and Van Gaal have had to deal with.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
So do Milan have to pay Botafogo a transfer fee or what? How does that work seeing as he's still a player?

Sonny1972

i knew i was nuts when the squirrels started stari
After Massimiliano Allegri got fired in the morning, following Sassuolo majestic failure and 4-3 defeat, 37 years old Dutch midfielder and AC Milan legend Clarence Seedorf, currently playing for Botafogo, is about to be signed as new Rossoneri manager. Italian club will in fact be allowed to have him join into their staff without paying Brazilian side any releasing clause. The appointing will probably officialized between today's late afternoon and tomorrow.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/clarence-seedorf.382396/reply?quote=14840959

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
Poor choice I think, sentiment shouldn't come in to appointing managers. They wouldn't appoint any other 37 year old who doesn't even have any coaching experience, yet alone as a head coach, as far as I can tell, so it really makes little sense to do so just because the player happened to play for them.

KiD MoYeS

Poor choice I think, sentiment shouldn't come in to appointing managers. They wouldn't appoint any other 37 year old who doesn't even have any coaching experience, yet alone as a head coach, as far as I can tell, so it really makes little sense to do so just because the player happened to play for them.
If we sacked Moyes half way through the season it'd be likely Giggs would replace him.

Tarrou

I think he'll become a fantastic manager, but I fear this job might be too big and too soon for him. Would be a shame if things end badly for him and Milan.

Swaters16

I think he'll become a fantastic manager, but I fear this job might be too big and too soon for him. Would be a shame if things end badly for him and Milan.

Yeah I'm sure he could become a great manager, but for a first job? Don't think that's a good idea. It could destroy his managerial career before it even begins. Massive job, with a club plummeting. Good luck to him.

KiD MoYeS

Yeah I'm sure he could become a great manager, but for a first job? Don't think that's a good idea. It could destroy his managerial career before it even begins. Massive job, with a club plummeting. Good luck to him.
He'll be fine. Milan are in crisis at the moment so little blame will be put on Seedorf if he doesn't succeed. He's also young enough to recover and get another job. Dutch managers always interest me, he'll be fun to follow.
The fact he's played in Holland, Spain, Italy and Brazil I want to see what he can muster up tactic wise.

Swaters16

He'll be fine. Milan are in crisis at the moment so little blame will be put on Seedorf if he doesn't succeed. He's also young enough to recover and get another job. Dutch managers always interest me, he'll be fun to follow.
The fact he's played in Holland, Spain, Italy and Brazil I want to see what he can muster up tactic wise.

You might be right. As you say, he's an incredibly experienced player so it'll be interesting to see how he goes.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Scored the best bullet shot of all time... Pretty sure the ball is still traveling!

MoneyMay

Appointed AC Milan manager. Not sure how this is going to pan out, I don't think Seedorf even has a UEFA pro license.

Drifter

American
Seems to always talk a good game,but managing a club like Milan.Wish him good luck.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Well if he can teach anyone how to hit them like this then the team is quids in.

Still fecking love that goal.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
cant wait for ballotelli to get a strop on... that will show what seedorfs management is like

the only disappointing thing is that he probably wont be a pundit for the bbc again - I thought he was one of the best they had for the euros