Claude Puel sacked

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Didn’t mind Puel. He’s probably the world’s least charismatic man but he sorted out Shakespeare’s mess and has basically been about par this season.

Would be a shame if Leicester really did hire a Big Sam type. They’re already dislikable enough with Vardy and Maddison.
we won't hire a big Sam type
I wonder who they'll go for.
talk was we wanted Rodgers in the summer, if they decide they won't wait maybe someone like Wagner, press keep saying Rafa but I don't see it

RochaRoja

No way does Everton have a better squad, they have a better defence, better midfield and a better striker. Everton are a very unbalanced team, most of their players wouldn't make it into a top 6 team.
No Leicester player would make it into a top six team either.

I’d say Everton are stronger than Leicester in almost every position bar goakeeper. You could argue Vardy is currently better than Richarlison but I know who I’d rather have in the long run.

No Leicester player would make it into a top six team either.

I’d say Everton are stronger than Leicester in almost every position bar goakeeper. You could argue Vardy is currently better than Richarlison but I know who I’d rather have in the long run.
Chillwell, Maguire, Ndidi, Pereira, Vardy would definaltey get into a top 6 team. Everton only have Digne and Richarlison that would stand a chance.

Moriarty

Should have stuck with Ranieri imo. Too many trigger happy clubs. Agree that Rodgers would be a good fit for them. I'm guessing the likes of Clement, Lambert, Hughes, Moyes are Pardew are firing up those resumes as we speak.
No doubt about it. The usual suspects will be licking their lips at the prospect of another payday. Nothing succeeds like failure.

RochaRoja

Chillwell, Maguire, Ndidi, Pereira, Vardy would definaltey get into a top 6 team.
Couldn’t disagree more. All midtable players imo.

I guess the fact that Arsenal are in the top 6 makes it arguable that a couple of their players might make a top 6 line up but, let’s be honest, Arsenal are trash.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Couldn’t disagree more. All midtable players imo.

I guess the fact that Arsenal are in the top 6 makes it arguable that a couple of their players might make a top 6 line up but, let’s be honest, Arsenal are trash.
you realise Pep loves Chilwell and is constantly being linked to buying him, United of all teams constantly linked with Maguire and the only reason Vardy wouldn't is age

RochaRoja

He reminded me of a middle ranking Eurocrat.
Yeah, he’s very inoffensive.

If I could banish any manager from the PL just because it’d be Puel. Can’t stand his weird facial expressions on the bench, and awful hair and teeth. He’s genuinely quite grotesque. Very silly voice too.

Get him out and bring Claude back for the Arsenal! (Not that one)

Actually, yes, definitely that one.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
No doubt about it. The usual suspects will be licking their lips at the prospect of another payday. Nothing succeeds like failure.
So predictable. Wouldn't be surprised if they gave it to Hughes and he was gone by December.

RochaRoja

you realise Pep loves Chilwell and is constantly being linked to buying him, United of all teams constantly linked with Maguire and the only reason Vardy wouldn't is age
I’ve heard rumours but don’t know if there’s anything more to it than that. He could well be a fan but he’s also a fan of Nathan Redmond who is lower midtable at best. Chilwell has never impressed me to be honest. I’d be truly shocked if he became a first team player at City ahead of a fully fit Mendy.

Maguire isn’t all that either, is he? He just has the inflated reputation that comes with being an England player who had a decent World Cup. If he went to United I’d just see him being another all right but not great centre back to add to their collection. I really don’t think a team with aspirations of winning big titles should be considered Harry Maguire a first choice player.

Agree with Vardy about the age. He’d get in the Chelsea side at his peak but is clearly on the way down. It’s a matter of time till his pace goes.

Devil81

The game was up for Puel when he played a weakened team against City in the Caraboa cup. City scrapped through the fixture with a second string team and then drew Burton in the Semi!

It was a certain final for the club and he blew it.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Boring style of play, the home form has been poor and there's the cup situation too.

14 points at home in 13 games, just 14 scored too. As many home defeats as Cardiff, only Newcastle and Huddersfield with more. Away they have a similar record to Watford and Wolves.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
we won't hire a big Sam type

talk was we wanted Rodgers in the summer, if they decide they won't wait maybe someone like Wagner, press keep saying Rafa but I don't see it
I don't think Rafa is a fit for Leicester and I'm not too sure about Rodgers, I liked him at Swansea but haven't been real keen on him since then.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Beware all ye who enter here of the rule of six.

If six defeats you do endure, then your P45 you will collect for sure.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Thanks. Ridiculous way of running a club.
more to do with the fact we were in free fall under claudio, in the bottom 3 under Shakespeare and seem to be in free fall under Puel, Pearson didn't win in about 20 and kept his job

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I heard about this Puel under heavy pressure in like September? Has only been reinforced since then and I'm not sure why. Leicester need to get on board with their next manager. I get that it is time to fire a manager when everything becomes toxic, but fan base needs to accept they aren't a title chasing team. Lets say some genius manager comes in but everyone turns on him immediately after a bad period and it makes it that much harder for him, it becomes a club problem not a managerial problem. That manager might move on to do great things without them. They want to be careful creating that sort of culture or environment for their own sake.

Ekeke

To not get beaten 1-4 at home to Crystal Palace probably.
Every club has bad results that wouldnt be expected from time to time. That 1, especially when lining up using youth/young players and looking to the future isnt too bad.

But it wasnt just 1 bad result. He'd lost a bunch on the bounce, even though some were hard matches

el3mel

The next manager isn't going to do anything more than what he did. I feel sacking the manager of a mid-table club with neither hopes of high position nor fear of getting relegated is just a waste of time.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I heard about this Puel under heavy pressure in like September? Has only been reinforced since then and I'm not sure why. Leicester need to get on board with their next manager. I get that it is time to fire a manager when everything becomes toxic, but fan base needs to accept they aren't a title chasing team. Lets say some genius manager comes in but everyone turns on him immediately after a bad period and it makes it that much harder for him, it becomes a club problem not a managerial problem. That manager might move on to do great things without them. They want to be careful creating that sort of culture or environment for their own sake.
no Leicester fan thinks we are anything better than 7th with an outside chance of nicking 6th when Chelsea/Arsenal have a shit season.

Puel could have done himself a favour by going all out in the cups

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Thanks. Ridiculous way of running a club.
This has been coming for quite some time. The product on the pitch has been dire !! Poor game plan, poor substitutions and very strange player choices.
Leicester are in a similar position to Manchester manager wise. Some poor choices have been made but they need to get the next one right.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Been on the cards for a while, but I suppose most thought they'd struggle on to the summer.

Should probably remember who they are though, and not their lottery level surprise title win.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Not surprised.. they are better than their league position and he didn't seem to get the best out of any of their top players - combine that with boring football and you have a sacked manager.

I like Leicester I think they can easily get a Europa spot and should be much better cup side than Puel turned them in to.
Indeed

Ducklegs

Well there you have it, Leicester is a more appealing destination than Glasgow.

He won’t last a season.

Ducklegs

He isn't that bad a manager. Leicester is his ideal level, I reckon.
I don’t think he is that bad either, I think Leicester will expect too much him though.