Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

clarkydaz

does he really give a shit about womens football? Or just an excuse to hire another private plane on the club account

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
United could be unnecessarily losing excellent members of staff out of nothing but ignorant and dated ideology.
This is the crux of it for me. I don’t think it’s even a case of ‘could’, it’s a ‘will’. No one here has enough information to say what the net effect will be, but there absolutely will be competent workers who either don’t want to, or can no longer work for Utd. Wouldn’t surprise me if the change is watered down significantly before it’s enacted.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Wembley prestige innit. Wants to be seen at the final. Probably doesn’t want to be associated with what ever is going to transpire at OT later.
I think also the success of the women has a lot more to do with the Glazers then Ratcliffe at present. That's not praise of the Glazers of course but Ratcliffe has only just come in so he's had nothing to do with it.

Ratcliffe probably just wants to go to the mens game as presumably he has stuff to do in Manchester and also not look like a bit of a bandwagoner.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I was a huge Qatar fan too. But hands up, they wouldn't have done better except pumped some money in Jan window. We would have spent it on some random players with no plan. Ex players would probably make the board room .

My preference to Qatar was due to their commitment to improve infrastructure. Ineos didn't mention about it all and so I was reluctant. But looks like they have a plan ans I am so happy that I have been proved wrong. Early days, but very promising.
Doesn’t matter if they “pumped” money, we had very little room to move within FFP without selling

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
You’re being too kind! :wenger:
They are responsible in the sense that they are the owners and have been when the woman's team has risen. They have enabled it to happen.

And yes, of course I know that they disbanded the team when they took over.

pascell

Considering the investment, CL is what I'd expect for a club like Nice. Certainly wouldn't call it any sort of great achievement. All their previous seasons under INEOS have been underachievement imo
It's funny because when it was SJR/INEOS vs Jassim in the bidding of the club, one of the biggest sticks used to beat SJR/INEOS was that Nice have not performed well since they took over. Now they're in the CL, the achievement is being downplayed?

MDFC Manager

It's funny because when it was SJR/INEOS vs Jassim in the bidding of the club, one of the biggest sticks used to beat SJR/INEOS was that Nice have not performed well since they took over. Now they're in the CL, the achievement is being downplayed?
They're not in the CL...yet. They're a point behind, with 2 games to go, to make the CL qualifiers.

Dazzmondo

Getting in the CL should have been the minimum for them. It's not any sort of great achivement. It should be what's expected. If they were challenging for the league, absolutely they'd deserve praise but that's not the situation. Brest's achievement is far more impressive.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Getting in the CL should have been the minimum for them. It's not any sort of great achivement. It should be what's expected. If they were challenging for the league, absolutely they'd deserve praise but that's not the situation. Brest's achievement is far more impressive.
Unfortunately I expect next season to go tits up for them

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If they want European football worth anything next season, we need an interim for the FA cup final. Saying McLaren would stay beyond EtH gives us a nice way for the players to take it seriously as well, so I'd go with him.

RORY65

@RORY65

Seems like this was the reason they decided to attend the mens game as I thought. Trying to get into Starmers ear to give us some funding for the stadium.
Its a cup final and the biggest event United have had so far this season, he should have been there and the fact he wasn't speaks to the women's team not being especially high up his list of priorities. He's a billionaire, I'm sure he could get a meeting with Starmer any time he wants one. I guess it's good though that they got to discuss this new stadium idea now so that Starmer has time to backtrack on any related policy before the general election.

Rightnr

Its a cup final and the biggest event United have had so far this season, he should have been there and the fact he wasn't speaks to the women's team not being especially high up his list of priorities. He's a billionaire, I'm sure he could get a meeting with Starmer any time he wants one. I guess it's good though that they got to discuss this new stadium idea now so that Starmer has time to backtrack on any related policy before the general election.
Much as some of you like to pretend otherwise, women's football is still light years behind the men and that's where the money is.

Stop crying about it like it's so inconceivable.

RORY65

Much as some of you like to pretend otherwise, women's football is still light years behind the men and that's where the money is.

Stop crying about it like it's so inconceivable.
One was a cup final, the other was a dead rubber. I'm not crying, as I said it just shows how far down the list of priorities the women's team is and that's a shame but it's been obvious since Ratcliffe's investment happened.

Rightnr

One was a cup final, the other was a dead rubber. I'm not crying, as I said it just shows how far down the list of priorities the women's team is and that's a shame but it's been obvious since Ratcliffe's investment happened.
It should be there because the men subsidise the women's side which is fine.

We need a solid foundation (1st team men's success) to keep pumping money into the women's side. As for Ratcliffe's priorities, I never wanted the guy but he's here and he sure as hell is not pumping billions like Qatar would have done (irrespective of why).