Club Ownership

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
How do the Jassim supporters feel about this (and SJR in general, for that matter)? :lol:
First of all I loved the interview. SJR said a lot of great things which I loved. However on that regard I don't feel that it was professional or even wise to poke an Al Thani the way he did. These guys do have money and they might decide to buy a rival club and they could do to us what PSG did to Nice. Failure shouldn't be humiliating either. He himself should know better considering that he failed to buy Chelsea, half of Barcelona and was only able to buy 27% of United. Ultimately it wasn't Jassim who left OT to rot but his new partners whom, according to himself, are avid Manchester United fans and gentlemen.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
I mentioned last year, that INEOS didnt think Jassim existed and they found it amusing they were involved. Good to hear it from the horses mouth.

Bowlcut11

Sir Jim has an account on the Caf! No way he knows about the Jassim is an AI rumours otherwise.

I'll let the witch-hunt begin now to suss out who he is and how we can convince him to do our bidding. He does need to banned from match day threads though or we will have 3 players left in the squad

MF1138

First of all I loved the interview. SJR said a lot of great things which I loved. However on that regard I don't feel that it was professional or even wise to poke an Al Thani the way he did. These guys do have money and they might decide to buy a rival club and they could do to us what PSG did to Nice. Failure shouldn't be humiliating either. He himself should know better considering that he failed to buy Chelsea, half of Barcelona and was only able to buy 27% of United. Ultimately it wasn't Jassim who left OT to rot but his new partners whom, according to himself, are avid Manchester United fans and gentlemen.
I think there's a bit of ill feeling towards some of the statements that the Qatari bid made or things they leaked as well as their substance. There was a big attempt to push the fanbase in the Qatari direction to the detriment and ridicule of the Ineos bid. Anyone who says that's not the case is lying. So it's fair game to give some of that back to them now that he can.

Besides if he's gonna be worried about what Qatar might do, he shouldn't really be taking on this task.

El-Manos

I think the big difference comes down to the simple fact SJR is a fan & actually is passionate about making things right here. That really could be the difference. If things don’t work out with the new acquisitions both in the boardroom/ on the pitch ; you can be sure he won’t just let things run its course. He will act on it ,unlike the glazers.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Ah, I see. I misunderstood. Yeah, it's not ideal. I hope his goal is to get full ownership at some point. For now I'm happy with what he is saying and most importantly doing. I think there are reasons to be optimistic, though. For the first time in forever we are seeing real change at a structural level. We'll see if he puts his money where his mouth is going forward, but I have hope.
I think he will. I don't doubt the intentions with regards to wanting the club to be successful and wanting to regenerate the stadium, because if you listen to him he has clearly done plenty of homework on both things. He's turned me around on that much, but he isn't the owner of Manchester United. He's a minority owner for a majority where the priority of the majority is to leech off the club, and nothing he says or wants to do can change that.

[

Sure, if this works those greedy bearded men make money. Either he takes full control or he makes a fortune we're great again prompting an oil state deciding buy them all out. That's said couldn't Ratcliffe have completely bought out the Glasers? Clearly they didn't want as much as the press were leading us to believe.
Glazers seem too short sited to me to go for that. They make money the typical yank way, by leeching it off people via owning assets and running them down.

The more successful Ratcliffe is at making the club money, the less likely they will want to give up pocketing it without having to put any effort in themselves.

Everything Ratcliffe says in that interview would involve spending money, which presumably would have to either be his own money or more leveraged debt, in which case he won't be happy with the fat yanks taking a share of the pie, and/or they won't be happy if the pie gets smaller.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think there's a bit of ill feeling towards some of the statements that the Qatari bid made or things they leaked as well as their substance. There was a big attempt to push the fanbase in the Qatari direction to the detriment and ridicule of the Ineos bid. Anyone who says that's not the case is lying. So it's fair game to give some of that back to them now that he can.

Besides if he's gonna be worried about what Qatar might do, he shouldn't really be taking on this task.
First of all its not the Qatari fault that Ratcliffe kept changing the goal posts from the entirety of the club to 51 to a minority shareholder which in turn irked the average fan. Secondly most of the fans are pro SJR bid at this point or at least are taking a wait and see approach. Its not as if there are protests against him or INEOS. Finally he better be careful about his gloating. In 18 months time a huge bid can come from Qatar for the entirety of the club and unless he matches it then he might easily find himself forced to sell. Maybe that's the plan all along.

Quite frankly I wish him all the luck in the world and I am loving what he's doing. However I am not comfortable with Jassim's jabs especially since they came just after kissing Glazers arse. Ultimately we're in this sorry state not because of Jassim.

MonkeysMagic

The comment about ETH was telling for me. Ratcliffe didn't give him a ringing endorsement on style of play and I think it's prob safe to assume ETH will be jettisoned should CL qualification is not achieved.

JediSith

How do the Jassim supporters feel about this (and SJR in general, for that matter)? :lol:
Wanted a full sale and what I thought was best for the club & the best bid. Still want the Glazers out.

Been impressed with Ratcliffe so far and the start he’s made. Hope he continues to build on it. I’m much more optimistic than 2 months ago, still hope Glazers leave but at the same time only time will tell I can see how things can go bad (mostly financial) but I can see the good and reasons to be optimist.

So yeah it was never about “ supporting Jassim”. It’s like a player.. you can go from thinking he’s great to thinking it’s time for him to leave or from thinking his not good enough to thinking he’s turned things around.

Cloud7

Amazing
This quote really is something. Really does make you wonder what exactly was going on with all of that.

Whose representatives were the ones who came to Old Trafford?
Didn't someone say somewhere that "Jassim" has an actual job on the board of some bank?
Did Raine not establish at some point that he actually existed?

Who was behind it all in that case? I'm still not inclined to think it was the Qatar royal family because if it was them I don't think they would have pulled out over money, so who exactly was actually behind that bid? Assuming that bid even actually existed?

mu4c_20le

The comment about ETH was telling for me. Ratcliffe didn't give him a ringing endorsement on style of play and I think it's prob safe to assume ETH will be jettisoned should CL qualification is not achieved.
It was a very pragmatic quote. He acknowledged our recent improvements and sincerely hope it continues. The timing was good for ten hag because if it had been in the middle or right after our losing run then itd be very different quotes

Silverman

Fair play to Jim. He was incredibly candid and honest. He deserves a lot of credit for how he's gone about things so far.

lsd

The Oracle
Amazing

I never understood the people who fell for Jassim and the supposed bid it was always just nonsense from the start.

I guess there were some grand just so desperate for us to be like city and Newcastle so they believed in Santa Claus.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
He said that it mayve nit been the managers but the structure. I think they'll give him next season unless we drop off a cliff last ⅓

Amity Survivor

I missed that, what did he say?

I like the fact he admits they’ve made mistakes with their other clubs and that will help them going forward with United, I like him , excited for the future for the first time in what seems an age, I actually forgot how it’s feels

klayton88

Has he mentioned anything about putting the match day startling line up in positional order rather than the current shit show numerical order?

IRELANDUNITED

A multi billionaire owner who wants nothing but the absolute best for Manchester United. We are truly blessed. That first league title is going to taste so sweet.

Marcelinho87

This has been the biggest thing for me s clear long term football style. What does he mean it will be Uniteds style?

He means that the sporting people will decide on a way to play and then when all are in agreement that going forward will be the way MUFC must play and the managers will be hired based on being able to deliver it.

TheReligion

Abusive
Thought that was a pretty good first interview.

Was so refreshing to actually have an owner, all be it, co-owner, talking frankly to the fans.

He’s clearly a clever guy and I have no doubt the club will improve.

Chumpsbechumps

This has been the biggest thing for me s clear long term football style. What does he mean it will be Uniteds style?
There is no “United way”, I’m interpreting it that we won’t be hiring a Moyes, LVG, Jose, Ole sh*t at a wall type structure. That we should see continuity of managers who play similar football and as such squads shouldn’t require complete overhauls to get each manager players they need.

Interesting to know what sort of discussions he has had with ETH. Im not sure he would have said “top 5 or you are sacked” if he thinks ETH can achieve SJRs goals. By admitting United managers have been effectively hamstrung by the clowns running the circus , he understands ETH has equally been stuck in this mess.

Interesting times regardless of what happens.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Any mention of when the sale of Carling will end in the kiosks? Enough is Enough.

Xaviboy

He said in his interview best football he seen played was Man City vs Real Madrid last season when city won 4 nil.

I think he wants to see us peg back teams in most of games with 60+% possession of the ball and control games.

Not getting that under Ten Hag. So who out there can bring that style to the table.

Rojofiam

I don't feel that it was professional or even wise to poke an Al Thani the way he did. These guys do have money and they might decide to buy a rival club and they could do to us what PSG did to Nice.

Cringe

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Very good and honest interview. Well spoken and has the right vision and intentions. And of course he cannot bash the Glazers, as he said, they need to work with each other and build a relationship. Once he hopefully fully owns the club he will speak differently

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
That’s a brilliant interview to be honest. The way he talks about the need for a flagship sports stadium in the north, that’s a kind of firm but charismatic statement urging public investment that you’d hardly hear many owners capable of making.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
He means that the sporting people will decide on a way to play and then when all are in agreement that going forward will be the way MUFC must play and the managers will be hired based on being able to deliver it.
Hopefully it's possession football and not counter attack shit we've had for so long