Club World Cup 2019 | Liverpool World Champions

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
blows on 121:57 after Salah spent the first minute crawling off the pitch. Ok.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Imagine your club only being world champions once. :nervous:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Flamengo players were physically hamped after a long season, while Liverpool is at mid-season.
It's shameful to see a team with such a budget gap playing so poorly.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
No massive celebrations from you like Firmino did?
We got this corrupt tinpot in our cabinet and I'm happy for loser-Klopp winning things again. If we enter it again then hope we don't commit or first team like we did this time.

They should just rebrand it FIFA-Corrup.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Only a minute added on at first. Another added on after his lap off the pitch.

Have to say Flamengo played their hearts out and gave Liverpool a far stronger game than most prem sides who spend 200m + in premier league.

Just felt Liverpool would have too much in the end. Incredible they didn't score in the 90 minutes.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Only a minute added on at first. Another added on after his lap off the pitch.

Have to say Flamengo played their hearts out and gave Liverpool a far stronger game than most prem sides who spend 200m + in premier league.

Just felt Liverpool would have too much in the end. Incredible they didn't score in the 90 minutes.

You should be proud to have beaten the World Club winners 5 -0 !
Well done villa.:D

montpelier

Brilliant game of footy according to the BBC.

Who obviously didn't see the turd of a 2nd half.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The immediate disappearance of cramp from all the Flamengo divers once they went a goal down, including the keeper, was stark. What was in their water in extra time? Need a full scale drug test.

Charles Miller

This club "world cup" is pointless and absurd. Since the 90s, when europe started to buy al South American talents, its impossible to compete. You can win by luck sometimes, but its not a real competition.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Treble it is then... brilliant... absolutely brilliant. They are killing it right now, Simeone to save the game in Feb? ;)

mu4c_20le

This club "world cup" is pointless and absurd. Since the 90s, when europe started to buy al South American talents, its impossible to compete. You can win by luck sometimes, but its not a real competition.
It's just a fun little event to see who is the 'best in the world', since clubs from different continents never get to face each other. It's essentially a glorified friendly with some pageantry.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
nah, for all the money gap and the technical and the physical and the setup, flamengo had their chances and an incredible one at death... so, as usual, converting your chances at crunch time makes the difference once again

mu4c_20le

nah, for all the money gap and the technical and the physical and the setup, flamengo had their chances and an incredible one at death... so, as usual, converting your chances at crunch time makes the difference once again
They should get rid of extra time, otherwise it gives advantage to the fitter elite european teams and it showed today. It's hardly a CL final. Flamengo looked good enough for a draw after the 90 minutes, and deserved a shot at pens.

always_hoping

Klopp I suppose rewarded for picking such a strong team and taking this final serious. Meant a lot to some of the Liverpool players going by their reactions at the end of the match but then again most of those Liverpool players haven't even won a hand full of trophies yet.

In the grand scheme of things winning this title doesn't mean much, matter of fact I had to literally Google it to see who United beat in the final to win it even though I watched that match.

dbryan

Liverpool being World Champions makes me "so damn sick I have been in the back all night throwing up" (Stone Cold Steve Austin quote)

I was made up when we won it in the 2008/09 season and remember it being announced at Old Trafford "Please welcome the champions of England, the champions of Europe and the World Champions, Manchester United" I get a warm fuzzy feeling thinking about it.

Think Liverpool have now won every trophy (not the cup winners cup though ;)).

Second half of the season they just need to keep their players fit and I think they will win the league. A couple of injuries to key players and they could suffer though.

Haven't they lost like one league game in 50 or something? So for them to lose 3 or 4 and the other teams to not is really asking something, but football is a funny old game.

Josep Dowling

Queue the unbearable ass licking by the media, comparing Liverpool’s trophy haul to ours. They have been terrible in this tournament. Nearly got another penalty in the last minute. If it wasn’t for VAR that would of happened. Don’t care how good they are, they certainly have Lady Luck in abundance this season.

MysticRed

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool being World Champions makes me "so damn sick I have been in the back all night throwing up" (Stone Cold Steve Austin quote)

I was made up when we won it in the 2008/09 season and remember it being announced at Old Trafford "Please welcome the champions of England, the champions of Europe and the World Champions, Manchester United" I get a warm fuzzy feeling thinking about it.

Second half of the season they just need to keep their players fit and I think they will win the league. A couple of injuries to key players and they could suffer though.

Haven't they lost like one league game in 50 or something? So for them to lose 3 or 4 and the other teams to not is really asking something, but football is a funny old game.
Too many draws hurt Liverpool last year. I would rather lose a game or two and win the rest than what happened last year. Although, that being said, Arsenal clutching onto the last thing they have, ‘invisibles’, will be great to achieve in a post-man city era, if only just to watch arsenal TV, if Liverpool can win the title undefeated.

just so you know I still think we will lose some games but there is a chance we won’t.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks

Wasn't it

Champions of England, Champions of Europe, Champions of the World... Manchester United!

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Champions of the world, but they haven’t won their domestic league in 30 years. How does that work?
To be fair we were the first team to win Europe without having won our league or the European Cup the year before

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Pleased to have won this thing for the simple reason we've never won it. Not the most prestigious trophy I agree, but it helps the stature of our club on the world stage & could be helpful when looking to recruit the top talent.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Queue the unbearable ass licking by the media, comparing Liverpool’s trophy haul to ours. They have been terrible in this tournament. Nearly got another penalty in the last minute. If it wasn’t for VAR that would of happened. Don’t care how good they are, they certainly have Lady Luck in abundance this season.
A little bitter? Anyway what was good about this cup is we just made it more relevant than any other team before us because the media love us and played up this tournament.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Pointless to have extra-time in this tournament. South American team is in the end of its season with 30+ more games played, and they already face a massive budget disadvantage. Just let them have a shot at penalties.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

_00_deathscar

Supports
Liverpool
As petty as it is I'd have been peeved if they'd been allowed to wear it for the rest of the season after we got denied.
It was a dumb decision then too. A team representing the Premier League in that competition should be allowed to wear the badge if they win the tournament.