Gaming CM 01/02 Hands-Off League - Signups for season 2016-17 Open!

Siorac

So we sold one of our best attackers and bought no one.

I genuinely don't get how we're so successful with this transfer policy.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
We have reached that strange time in a CM01/02 run, where, almost a decade after the game started, most of the big stars have started to retire and the new marquee signings are players who were 16 years old in 2001 and who Eidos thought might make it big, or the RNG was kind to.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Sold 2 bought 1, my club is so underwhelming
You beat me - sold one bought a cheaper one. But at least I bought someone this window last summer I just sold.

T_Model101

Was there not a way of editing it so that more than 1 team is promoted from the Conference every year?

Big Andy

Bloke
Dennis Rommedahl sneaking in there I’ve just noticed. Must be knocking on a bit there by now though.

Most of my signings sound like proper awesome foreigners.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
FA Manager of the Year

In real life, SAF announced he'd be retiring at the end of 01/02 - he then changed his mind, but the game was already out by then. So in CM0102, Sir Alex retires after one season.

He is almost always replaced by David O'Leary, who in reality went on to do feck all at Aston Villa.

This annoys me so much I've started editing the game files to remove SAF's retirement flag.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Was there not a way of editing it so that more than 1 team is promoted from the Conference every year?
The editor I use doesn't doesn't have that option. I tried replacing the teams manually but it fecked up the save file for some reason.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Dennis Rommedahl sneaking in there I’ve just noticed. Must be knocking on a bit there by now though.

Most of my signings sound like proper awesome foreigners.
You've suffered enoug, so I can tell you by christmas you're doing very well. But a feck up is always possible I guess.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
In real life, SAF announced he'd be retiring at the end of 01/02 - he then changed his mind, but the game was already out by then. So in CM0102, Sir Alex retires after one season.

He is almost always replaced by David O'Leary, who in reality went on to do feck all at Aston Villa.

This annoys me so much I've started editing the game files to remove SAF's retirement flag.
Sometimes when I pick Arsenal United just gets Wenger instead of O'Leary.

whitbyviking

Not a single transfer. This is a piss-take!! :lol:
Worst thing is I got excited over new transfers then I realized these were18months worth so I already knew we’d signed the players listed as new:D

Will my fellow board members not realize they need to spend money now and not when we’re bottom

Big Andy

Bloke
You've suffered enoug, so I can tell you by christmas you're doing very well. But a feck up is always possible I guess.
Again promising, but I was In automatic promotion spots once with 7 or 8 games to go and missed the play offs so there’s no chickens being counted here.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Lots of teams struggling in the PL and L1... there will be some relegations...

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
You got 19 new players, but they were all 5M or under, so they probably didn't make it to the list.
Great. 19 Conference level players.

I swear, my team is only there to make other caf teams less depressed.

It's a public service