Cody Gakpo | OFFICIAL: Liverpool player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smores

Didn't really want us to sign him so couldnt care less. Do wonder if our interest fell through due to the pending sale though.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think Firmino is probably gone in the summer and Darwin has been underwhelming.

I think putting Gakpo in that CF role where Firmino plays with Diaz and Salah alongside him could work wonders. Especially for a front 3 that can interchange.

For the amount of money they paid for Gakpo it was a no brainer.

I rather spend 45M for Gakpo then 80M for Antony.

Brilliant deal by Liverpool and very under the radar. Their scouting is next level.
Their scouting is next level? feck me quit the blowjobs. Gakpo is quite a known quantity at this stage and their last signing looks like a 100m eur donkey.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
He's played there all season and in the world cup. He's banging goals in left, right, and centre. Seems like a definite centre-forward to me.
He didn't mate. Not a single game did he play as a CF for PSV. He did for our NT, but that's about it.

slored1

Fabrizio in the mud again. The guy has no clue about United and his reports about our business are meaningless.

Dobba

I think Firmino is probably gone in the summer and Darwin has been underwhelming.

I think putting Gakpo in that CF role where Firmino plays with Diaz and Salah alongside him could work wonders. Especially for a front 3 that can interchange.

Brilliant deal by Liverpool and very under the radar. Their scouting is next level.
Yeah, no idea how they've managed to spot someone playing and scoring at the most watched sporting event on the planet.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
What have you seen in his career that made you post this? We are not going anywhere with players like him.

People gave Nani so much shite and he actually contributed to us winning titles.
Ya Rashford is a very base level footballer. I highly doubt he would play any role in any of the current top 4

Zen

Why is his price so low? I mean I’ve been meaning to ask since it was mooted, but didn’t think it was legit :lol:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Didn't really want us to sign him so couldnt care less. Do wonder if our interest fell through due to the pending sale though.
I’m the same, I was a bit underwhelmed when we were being linked with him. But it looked like we were interested, just he preferred Liverpool.

RuudTom83

United spent an enormous amount in the summer. Sometimes you just have to play with the toys you already have!

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's played there all season and in the world cup. He's banging goals in left, right, and centre. Seems like a definite centre-forward to me.
As others have said, no, this is wrong.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
What have you seen in his career that made you post this? We are not going anywhere with players like him.

People gave Nani so much shite and he actually contributed to us winning titles.
The likes of John O’Shea and Darren Gibson contributed to us winning titles back in the day. Times have moved on since then. We use to only compete with arsenal and Chelsea back then. Now city have took over and the leagues a lot stronger.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Maybe I would go to study his games more. Since I didn’t watch him( full matches) enough, when he was in the Dutch league. I have watched only 2-3 PSV games before he joins Liverpool. From that I’ve watched in the World Cup, he looks pretty impressive with great decision making.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Not hugely disappointed as I'm not massively convinced by him. But it's a bit concerning that having gone into the world cup with a thin squad we have now lost Ronaldo and Sancho is out indefinitely. We are completely reliant on Rashford as Martial will almost certainly be sidelined by the end of January.

SportingCP96

Supports
Yeah, no idea how they've managed to spot someone playing and scoring at the most watched sporting event on the planet.
This deal has clearly been negotiated prior to the World Cup. They move better then other clubs which is why they got Gakpo and United didn’t.

Give credit where it’s due.

mav_9me

Maybe but you can't seriously say that based off Gakpo?

Skills

Snitch

Tbf that's not saying much. Antony's going to end up being ETH's Maguire.

RedorDead21

Scouting? He’s known to 80% of 12 year old footy fans!

VivaRonaldo85

Without fuss, another big name player signed mid season. Whilst I’m sure we’ll start browsing for the next Ighalo once the new year comes in.

SportingCP96

Supports
Maybe I would go to study his games more. Since I didn’t watch him( full matches) enough, when he was in the Dutch league. I have watched only 2-3 PSV games before he joins Liverpool. From that I’ve watched in the World Cup, he looks pretty impressive with great decision making.
I just think in todays market 45M is basically free compared to what average footballers go for these days.

If he works out it’s amazing and if not you don’t lose much on him. It’s a win win, Liverpool can’t lose in this deal.

As opposed to the Darwin one

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I just think in todays market 45M is basically free compared to what average footballers go for these days.

If he works out it’s amazing and if not you don’t lose much on him. It’s a win win, Liverpool can’t lose in this deal.

As opposed to the Darwin one
Sorry but :lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
Maybe but you can't seriously say that based off Gakpo?
Scouting might not be the correct word (sorry if I got the word wrong) I’m meaning in way that they do their business, under the radar and usually for great prices

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
So the scousers and everyone who hates us will be saying gakpo rejected us for them. I don’t think that’s true… we rejected him because we don’t need him. We need a striker. I’m sure if we wanted him he’d of signed for us over them.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Apart from Nunez most of Klopp's signings have worked out, i think Gakpo is going to be a hit, tbh

laughtersassassin

Liverpool's attacking options are insane.

Klopps going full Fergie under the Glazers spending all his money in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.