Cody Gakpo | OFFICIAL: Liverpool player

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_cliff

I don’t like the Glazers but come the feck on.

Only three times in history has a club spent more money in a single window than we did this summer. People who expects Ten Hag to take the club to task over this or that we would be chasing after marquee signings this coming window aren’t living in the real world.
I agree with your overall point.

However, if there is money available and ETH was given guarantees that we would be making an attacking signing in Jan, I'm pretty sure he'll be pissed off over the dilly dallying of his number 1 target...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It sounds like we didn't get him because we didn't have the money this month. Glazers final little gift for us the bastards

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
84m to 37m though.

Haven't been that impressed by Antony so far either. Still early days though of course but he needs to start delivering the goods for us soon at that fee.
Hehe true, was a stupid amount of money. But I'm certain he'll be great for us in the future, he has all the tools you want in a winger, just a bit too much beyblading still.

This team has yet to reach its full potential, the football is still not always where we want it to be. When we get rolling, he'll show he's a true star.

SAFMUTD

If the rumors about 37+12M are true, then he was definitely worth the gamble.

Hopefully he's a bust for Liverpool

LARulz

Was ambivalent to him, but now Liverpool are signing him I suddenly am gutted. :lol:
:lol: :lol: I am exactly the same. I'm such a kid about these things, don't want but the moment someone else wants it, I do too

I guess I am more upset as well about the fact it's annoying how seemingly well/quick Liverpool got this done but we go through a public 20 step plan to want to sign a player. Of course could be argued if we wanted him, we'd get it done but history has shown we aren't exactly skilled in this

laughtersassassin

I don’t like the Glazers but come the feck on.

Only three times in history has a club spent more money in a single window than we did this summer. People who expects Ten Hag to take the club to task over this or that we would be chasing after marquee signings this coming window aren’t living in the real world.

Well we've lost Ronaldo, Greenwood and Sancho is exiled.

We need players and the manager wants players.

Liverpool don't need attackers but Klopp is getting given them anyway

saivet

Not bothered by this. We have Rashford, Garnacho and Sancho (when he's back) to cover LW and he doesn't seem like a traditional no.10 or no.9 either.

He might be a good player but not sure he's the right profile. Clearly the club has reservations as we've not stepped up interest.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Just doesn’t look that great to me. Problem is that we won’t have anyone else lined up though.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's played there all season and in the world cup. He's banging goals in left, right, and centre. Seems like a definite centre-forward to me.
Hes not playing up top for PSV this season is he?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Interesting signing from Liverpool's perspective.

There's clearly talent and productivity there. But he's also quite clearly a project player, with it being unclear where exactly his best position will be at the highest level.

Coming after they spent massive money on another project player who likes to occupy the left hand channel in Nunez, it will be interesting to see how it all gels. Especially when Diaz and Jota are fit again.

onemanarmy

Well we've lost Ronaldo, Greenwood and Sancho is exiled.

We need players and the manager wants players.

Liverpool don't need attackers but Klopp is getting given them anyway
They don't need attackers but are in dire need of midfielders, which makes this transfer even weirder.

Threesus

Rashford would look like Cruyff in the Eredivisie
What have you seen in his career that made you post this? We are not going anywhere with players like him.

People gave Nani so much shite and he actually contributed to us winning titles.

Crimson King

84m to 37m though.

Haven't been that impressed by Antony so far either. Still early days though of course but he needs to start delivering the goods for us soon at that fee.
One is a LW and one is a RW, and we paid a premium because Ajax had already been ransacked. PSV are a different animal, and apparently need the money.

We don't need a LW, but we definitely needed a left footed RW, especially after Greenwood was exiled.

And it's €37m initially. It probably rises closer to €60m, with some fairly attainable clauses.

C'est Moi Cantona

Maybe it's Liverpool who know they'll be in the money pretty soon, got this done in a flash, and lots of talk they'll be Bellingham's next club.

They do tend to do things quietly, could be the same with their takeover.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Hehe true, was a stupid amount of money. But I'm certain he'll be great for us in the future, he has all the tools you want in a winger, just a bit too much beyblading still.

This team has yet to reach its full potential, the football is still not always where we want it to be. When we get rolling, he'll show he's a true star.
Not seen him create anything yet. Zero assists so far which is very poor.

Does look like he's got goals in him though so there is that.

Hopefully he gets better and better in second half of season.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Not sure why they keep buying attackers but feck me they are efficient in the market.
In term of squad depth since Origi and Minamino weren’t at Anfield anymore. Diaz and jota were injured, Firmino is 31 years old and Nunez isn’t that consistent.

Tbh, I’m happy with this news and hope that he will adapt to English football well.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Chose Lpool over Utd and Chelsea says Ornstein. So would have gone there even if their bid was matched

Cloud7

I was not overly keen on us signing him and thus I am not overly bothered about him signing for Liverpool either. I just don't see it.

CM

He's played there all season and in the world cup. He's banging goals in left, right, and centre. Seems like a definite centre-forward to me.
He literally hasn't. Luuk de Jong plays up front for PSV

cyberman

That tells us we’re waiting for a striker and not someone off the left?

Giggsy13

Well that came out of nowhere. Liverpool saw a need after the Jota and Diaz injuries and pounced. I suppose we were naive to think the parasites might actually back ten Hag after the Ronaldo wages came off the books, but looks like we’re standing firm with our threadbare attacking depth.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Not sure why they keep buying attackers but feck me they are efficient in the market.
I think Firmino is probably gone in the summer and Darwin has been underwhelming.

I think putting Gakpo in that CF role where Firmino plays with Diaz and Salah alongside him could work wonders. Especially for a front 3 that can interchange.

For the amount of money they paid for Gakpo it was a no brainer.

I rather spend 45M for Gakpo then 80M for Antony.

Brilliant deal by Liverpool and very under the radar. Their scouting is next level.

Idxomer

Not a PSV and even someone like EL Ghazi is preferred to him in that position. All of his games this season came from the wing.

In that World Cup, he played as a 2nd striker or a no.10 and never as a lone striker.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Wow like Nunez in the summer Liverpool appear to have swooped in out of no where, hopefully like Nunez Cakpo is shite

cyberman

I think Firmino is probably gone in the summer and Darwin has been underwhelming.

I think putting Gakpo in that CF role where Firmino plays with Diaz and Salah alongside him could work wonders. Especially for a front 3 that can interchange.

Brilliant deal by Liverpool and very under the radar. Their scouting is next level.
You can’t praise Liverpool for scouting Gakpo now! Not exactly a hidden gem

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

I mean they've hardly unearthed a hidden gem.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I cannot stand a second more of Glazers running our club into the ground.

So fecking frustrated right now and absolutely shocked

Status
Not open for further replies.