Cody Gakpo | OFFICIAL: Liverpool player

Status
Not open for further replies.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Harsh draw for both PSV and Monaco that for a third qualifying round. Feels like they should each be playing teams from Cyprus or Bulgaria or something.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Those who watch today - do give your impressions on him!

Loony BoB

If I'm right, even the winner of this one will still have to play another round to get into the group stage in a week's time, so even if PSV don't get knocked out this week there's a chance for next week, will be pushing closer and closer to the deadline day though.

YikesSchmeics

6"2, eye for goal, good on the ball, Dutch. Could we convert him into the next van no mercy Persie?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Quite a shit start from him. Pretty wasteful in passing, losing the ball in a deep area and and trying shots from stupid distances, going horribly wide.

Only 10 mins in, mind.

EDIT - he was offside so its immaterial, but he did get in a very good place at the near post - his shot again was atrocious :lol:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Looks the spitting image of Rashford after 15 minutes.

Sack Ruud, sell Gakpo.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Don't worry, he's just playing poorly to lower his price tag and help his team miss out on UCL so that his transfer to United goes through. A true Red.
Doing a good job of that so far, he's been atrocious.

Loony BoB

I'm listening to foreign commentary, it's always weird when suddenly they say a sentence that makes complete sense to me - "Monaco have the ball" in the middle of a bunch of stuff I can't understand.

Gakpo assist, I think.

Loony BoB

Are they suggesting they won’t sell him if they qualify? Or that it’ll cost more?
Nothing known for certain, theory is that they might want to keep him if they qualify for the CL. Gotta beat Monaco tonight, then win the next qualifying round to do so.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm listening to foreign commentary, it's always weird when suddenly they say a sentence that makes complete sense to me - "Monaco have the ball" in the middle of a bunch of stuff I can't understand.

Gakpo assist, I think.
Neh it was Mwene.

Loony BoB

Neh it was Mwene.
Ah, thanks. I'm watching something very blurry, just kept hearing them say Gakpo whenever it was on the player who made the assist, probably meant the person who passed it to that player I'm guessing then! Was coming in from the right though - does Gakpo often travel out that far?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It's almost as if Ten Hag phoned him before the match and told him this match is his only chance to earn a transfer. He's forcing it.

Holocene

It's almost as if Ten Hag phoned him before the match and told him this match is his only chance to earn a transfer. He's forcing it.
I'm going to assume you've watched him a fair bit. How highly do you rate him?

Delano

Good lad. He's playing like Rashfords regen to scare people off.

Paddymcc

Watching the game on Canal+ and he doesn't look that great.

Seems actually quite lazy tracking back, getting out to close men down and his passing hasn't been very good.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I really despise this term ‘regen’

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm going to assume you've watched him a fair bit. How highly do you rate him?
Quite highly. He's better than Depay was when he went to United. Still, jot good enough to be a big hit with United though.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
You're not one of these 'newgen' types are you
Why do opposing fans keep responding to me on Twitter by saying ‘warra trophy for United’

This new generation is awful

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Or he’s underwhelming in a European match, much like his history in the CL qualifiers and the EL suggests?

Status
Not open for further replies.