Cody Gakpo | OFFICIAL: Liverpool player

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Really? He plays very similar to Rashford for me.

And it's difficult to state he's better than either of them as he hasn't made the step up yet.
He didn't exactly bring the house down against Leicester last season and I don't see any qualities that Martial or Rashford hasn't got yet.
I agree it is difficult to assess, and we'll see how it turns out but I think he'll make it at the highest level and I'm not one to overrate Eredivisie players.

He was fantastic in Europe for PSV. I can recall him being MotM against the Portugese in the CL qualifier. Leicester was very difficult for PSV. They're not very good but Gakpo and Sangare really carried that team last season.

Dazzmondo

That's a very reasonable price for a player of Gakpo's talent. Even if he does fail to adapt to the PL it's not like it's a disaster. Absolute worst case scenario is he increases the squad depth of our front 3. Best case he replaces Rashford and develops into a top talent.

Chief123

I don’t understand this nonsense of “Utd have registered their interest”. What does that process involve?

Ringing PSV up and saying “Hey, you know that tasty winger you’ve got? We like him. Take care, all the best.”

House Mkhitaryan

I don’t understand this nonsense of “Utd have registered their interest”. What does that process involve?

Ringing PSV up and saying “Hey, you know that tasty winger you’ve got? We like him. Take care, all the best.”
I think this is like when you "wink" at someone on an online dating site or maybe it is swipe left/right nowadays?

Shark

@NotShark

It's another term for "monitoring" which means we'll deploy drones to attempt to spy on him. His eating habits will be key in attempting to make a bid.

Kramer

Gakpo looks similar to an in form Rashford.

Capable of running at speed and producing some good shots on target.

But overall poor decision making in the final third and playing some woeful passes.

Not sure I want him. But I guess at this stage we’re short of options.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Why are all of our targets from the fecking Eredevisie?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Hope he's not another Depay, I like Antony a lot more than this guy

Dutch league, Suarez, Ibra, Ruud, RVP came from there so no concerns.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I genuinely don't care for this signing at all, rather wait for Antony

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Don't say it too loudly but, Gakpo looked better than Anthony last season (eye test)
Even according to the Ajax fan on twitter, Gakpo was the best attacker in the league (he was player of the season). Antony has a ton of potential though, and is Robben like with his ability, and is left footed right winger which is obviously rare.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I genuinely don't care for this signing at all, rather wait for Antony
Antony is a left footed right winger, Gakpo is a right footed left winger, so we could sign both.

Rake

Not seen a lot of him but seems a rather mediocre player. Just a feeling but i felt the same way about Depay while observing his play.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Not seen a lot of him but seems a rather mediocre player. Just a feeling but i felt the same way about Depay while observing his play.
Same for me, never was impressed before Depay signed either

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Why are all of our targets from the fecking Eredevisie?
All Dutch coaches realise that, while we never win stuff, we are in fact the only ones who actually know how football should be played. Therefore, the Eredivisie is the only logical supply ground to produce teams who "get" "it".

Or, as we say in Dutch; Wat de boer niet kent *** vreet ie niet.

Edit: why is d a t censored, it's just Dutch for that :wenger:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
All Dutch coaches realise that, while we never actually win stuff, we are in fact the only ones who actually know how football should be played. Therefore, the Eredivisie is the only logical supply ground to produce teams who "get" "it".

Or, as we say in Dutch; Wat de boer niet kent *** vreet ie niet.

Edit: why is d a t censored, it's just Dutch for that :wenger:
Text speak

Status
Not open for further replies.