Cody Gakpo | OFFICIAL: Liverpool player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Time Red

Is this guy even the best winger at PSV?

I thought Madueke was meant to be a better prospect?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I know it was just one game but I was quite astounded as to how there was absolutely nothing in his game for 120 minutes

saik

Does ETH know the world exists outside of Dutch league? It’s really concerning that we’re sanctioning these moves.
They share the same agency it seems. So there's that link as well. :lol:

AndySmith1990

I know it was just one game but I was quite astounded as to how there was absolutely nothing in his game for 120 minutes
Could say the same about literally every United player based on one off games

Suv666

He's crap. Would be a mistake buying him. I know you shouldn't judge a player by a single game but christ on a bike lets get someone decent in not this lad

Chairman Steve

Is it beyond the realm of possibility that his heads been turned and didn’t want to risk injury hence the mediocre performance?

MrSingh2002

I thought he looked ok in the customary goals and assists highlights on YouTube last week.

He was non existent in the 2nd half and extra time but PSV didn't play well at all but got through.

Tough to judge him off one full game but would love to hear from Dutch fans or frequent watchers of the Eredivisie on whether they think he would be a good signing for United or not.

I'm not convinced he's something special that can lead the line at a big club.

Waynne

How are we now all of a sudden linked with this guy?

Did the club put out a twitter pole for our next signings?

What in the blue hell is going on with United.

macheda14

I thought he looked ok in the customary goals and assists highlights on YouTube last week.

He was non existent in the 2nd half and extra time but PSV didn't play well at all but got through.

Tough to judge him off one full game but would love to hear from Dutch fans or frequent watchers of the Eredivisie on whether they think he would be a good signing for United or not.

I'm not convinced he's something special that can lead the line at a big club.
Fair few PSV fans on Reddit think he’s unreal and their leader BUT don’t think he’s ready for the step up to the prem and it could ruin his confidence and progress. Just like Antony he can go missing in games.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The words “priming” and “readying a bid” are giving me PTSD back to previous summers.

MrSingh2002

Fair few PSV fans on Reddit think he’s unreal and their leader BUT don’t think he’s ready for the step up to the prem and it could ruin his confidence and progress. Just like Antony he can go missing in games.
Yeh these days being a hotshot in Holland doesn't mean as much as it once did.

Guess it's on Ten Hag at this point but slightly worrying that he wanted Arnautovic over Gakpo in the first place. See what happens.

El Presidente

How are we now all of a sudden linked with this guy?

Did the club put out a twitter pole for our next signings?

What in the blue hell is going on with United.
Honestly, at this point I prefer us to sign no one. This summer has exposed the fact that we are run by mad men on coke and the only outcome that we're facing in the next 3 weeks is us extending our never-ending deadwood list for the foreseeable future.

city-puma

Yeh these days being a hotshot in Holland doesn't mean as much as it once did.

Guess it's on Ten Hag at this point but slightly worrying that he wanted Arnautovic over Gakpo in the first place. See what happens.
How about he wants the newly added improves the squad depth with certain character and still keeps the channel opened for our own promising youngsters.

Chief123

Guys is he really shit? I don’t know much about him but reading this thread tonight is giving me anxiety. I don’t want to keep getting hurt.

Loony BoB

Guys is he really shit? I don’t know much about him but reading this thread tonight is giving me anxiety. I don’t want to keep getting hurt.
I won't lie. He had an awful game. So bad. Terrible. Chong played better in pre-season. But it's just one game.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Honestly he was shit last week and now again this week. I said beforehand I hope for Dutch football he will be an improved version on Bergwijn and Depay. These are the matches he has to show it though. Now twice against serious opponent he's shown nothing. Not really promising on the question if he's ready for a move right now to be honest.
The reviews from his performance tonight seems the same as the Arsenal fans comments when they watched both legs vs Leicester. They play my local team Rangers next round, so knowing my luck it will be the first time watching him live where he's been good!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
His stats are decent, would he really be a bad signing? I know Memphis got 25 goals for PSV before he came here but he could be worth a punt. My only issue is that we’ve taken a lot of punts recently on these sort of players - James, Amad, pellestri...those fees mount up and before l long you could buy yourself more of a sure thing.

Chief123

I won't lie. He had an awful game. So bad. Terrible. Chong played better in pre-season. But it's just one game.
Ffs that’s not great! Especially when Chong was dog shit.

Anyone watched him more regular? Is he actually going to improve us?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I want something guaranteed not a gamble like this.

Liverpool went and bought players like Mane who were hardly a risk when they rebuilt, even watching Gakpo you know he's not at the level we need it's just a no go why waste the money.

BlueHaze

If Erik wants this guy I'm loss for words. Whats even the points signing a player of this calibre when he has Garnacho. Literally nothing special about Cody. Not even better than Martial or Rash.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If Erik wants this guy I'm loss for words. Whats even the points signing a player of this calibre when he has Garnacho. Literally nothing special about Cody. Not even better than Martial or Rash.
or maybe just maybe it’s the press doing what they do best?

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Never watch him but based on one YouTube video I just watched, he reminds me of Rashford (please correct me if I’m wrong).

We have Martial and Rashford already so I’m not sure if I fancy another similar player. We need someone that can offer different IMO. I would just play Bruno wide for now.

bucky

Did Vanderson keep him quiet again? Last week he didn't have a sniff and was moving centrally because he wasn't able to do anything wide.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Not sure why we only keep looking from the Dutch league. There has been a lot of hit & miss in the past.

Isn't there more talent in the French league? The Portuguese league has a lot of decent talent too.

Status
Not open for further replies.