Colin Pitchfork: Double Schoolgirl Murderer to be Released | Recalled to Prison

Wilt

He really needs to be banned from using the internet. That wasn't around when he went to prison, and it would be a mistake for him to have access. However, I doubt very much that there's any way that could ever be enforced.
Very good point, I hadn’t thought about that. The thought of him looking for girls on the internet ….just sickening.

He’s supposedly under the strictest release conditions, surely he’ll be denied any access to the internet?

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Very good point, I hadn’t thought about that. The thought of him looking for girls on the internet ….just sickening.

He’s supposedly under the strictest release conditions, surely he’ll be denied any access to the internet?
I don't know how the authorities would do it, unless he was on house detention (which he isn't). Anyone can get hold of a smartphone in the UK.

This is a man who had a long history of indecent exposure offences before he progressed to rape and murder.

GloryHunter07

Very recently we had a murder case in Poland where an 18-year old was killed by a guy who initially went to a correctional facility when he was 14 for murdering a girl from his school (very brutally). He was released after 4 years because apparently you are not responsible for your action at all when you are 14 and it doesn’t matter if you don’t even show remorse and attempt rape during that time again.

When he went out, he almost immediately tried to rape a girl from his town, only to be sentenced for 2 years for an attempted rape. This got cut to 1 year for ‘good behavior’.

He was actually out and behaving somewhat fine for another 6 or 7 years before committing this crime (or just simply did not get reported) but it is beyond my comprehension how they could let him out when he was 18 even though it was clear he wasn’t right, and then giving him for two years for basically the same crime (except murder as she ran away).

Worst thing is you just know he will get 12 years now, get out after 6 or 7 and be a threat to society again.
Insane

Santos J

I don't know how the authorities would do it, unless he was on house detention (which he isn't). Anyone can get hold of a smartphone in the UK.

This is a man who had a long history of indecent exposure offences before he progressed to rape and murder.
Restrictions on internet use as a parole condition are still quite common, especially in grooming type situations etc. so you'd like to think that's something that'll be in place for him regardless of house arrest.

Penna

Staff
I've just read the full conditions of release, and he's evidently not allowed to have unsupervised use of the internet. He also has a curfew from 17.00 to 09.00hrs and has to wear a tag. There are numerous other conditions which will restrict his freedom.

Quite honestly, if the authorities think he needs so many restrictions, why is he being released?

Sparky Rhiwabon

Is that actually his real name or did he do one of those “What is your Serial Killer name?” quizzes and it all got out of hand?

Sparky Rhiwabon

Kinda feels like they’ve looked for a reason to send him back down given the uproar over his release.

Flying high

Kinda feels like they’ve looked for a reason to send him back down given the uproar over his release.
It does. But let's face it, if he'd been locked up for the rest of his life he could have had no complaints. So even if he's just shown a shitty attitude, I can't blame them for locking him up again rather than risk him re-offending.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Well they didn't give a reason and said he didn't actually re-offend so the whole decision seems to be made based on 'feelings' in any case.
They said he breached his conditions of release so I guess that could've been any number of things, eg not reporting into the probation officer or having unsupervised Internet access if that's barred by the terms. Pretty sure they can't recall him on a whim or gut feeling.

A Probation Service spokesperson said: “Protecting the public is our No 1 priority so when offenders breach the conditions of their release and potentially pose an increased risk, we don’t hesitate to return them to custody.”

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
They said he breached his conditions of release so I guess that could've been any number of things, eg not reporting into the probation officer or having unsupervised Internet access if that's barred by the terms. Pretty sure they can't recall him on a whim or gut feeling.

A Probation Service spokesperson said: “Protecting the public is our No 1 priority so when offenders breach the conditions of their release and potentially pose an increased risk, we don’t hesitate to return them to custody.”
BBC said they were told that staff at the hostel had become increasingly concerned over elements of his behaviour - which I think @Withnail says 'feelings' about.

Staff are trained to identify behaviours. Impossible to say what they might have been but I'd suspect some sort of grooming of other residents to gain power which might aid him in breaching conditions, but of course there's no way of knowing at this point.

K Stand Knut

Well they didn't give a reason and said he didn't actually re-offend so the whole decision seems to be made based on 'feelings' in any case.
You don’t have to ‘re-offend’ to be recalled to prison though.

I would suggest that no judge in the land would send someone back to prison based on ‘feelings’.

My other suggestion would be that he has broken one of his license conditions, or more likely more than one of his conditions, or one condition on a number of occasions, which would have led to someone making a decision to recall him to prison.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
BBC said they were told that staff at the hostel had become increasingly concerned over elements of his behaviour - which I think @Withnail says 'feelings' about.

Staff are trained to identify behaviours. Impossible to say what they might have been but I'd suspect some sort of grooming of other residents to gain power which might aid him in breaching conditions, but of course there's no way of knowing at this point.
The quote specifies some breach of licence but yep would imagine the staff at those hostels are highly trained to spot red flags.
Wonder if that's key thrown away now?

EDIT: From the Sun

The child killer was recalled as a preventative measure after approaching young girls while out on long walks, The Mirror reports.

Sources say probation staff were concerned over his "bad attitude" after his release but there is no suggestion he has committed a criminal offence.

He is now the subject of a standard recall - meaning he could in theory be released again in 28 days.

But his record means he is now almost certain to have to wait for a full Par
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16793...fork-recalled-prison-approaching-young-girls/

Last edited:

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
The quote specifies some breach of licence but yep would imagine the staff at those hostels are highly trained to spot red flags.
Wonder if that's key thrown away now?

EDIT: From the Sun

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16793...fork-recalled-prison-approaching-young-girls/
Yeah, I think I read that he'll have to wait for a hearing sometime next year and that won't be to discuss possible parole but whether he goes to an open prison again - unlikely as they are mostly used to prepare convicts for release - or a higher security prison to see out his days.

Withnail

Yeah I suppose I should have elaborated a bit more. I've an issue with brevity in my posts. They said the staff were concerned and didn't point to any specific incident other than a vague statement about certain things he was doing caused them concern.

Although, if it's now being reported that he was approaching children then thats a totally different kettle of fish.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah I suppose I should have elaborated a bit more. I've an issue with brevity in my posts. They said the staff were concerned and didn't point to any specific incident other than a vague statement about certain things he was doing caused them concern.

Although, if it's now being reported that he was approaching children then thats a totally different kettle of fish.
Could be quite innocent. He might just have been asking them where the nearest amusement arcade was.

Yeah, I thought given it had only been a couple of months he was working up to it by trying to get hold of a smartphone. Just proves what so many thought, that he should never be released. A dangerous man always.

Penna

Staff
I'm all in favour of compassionate justice wherever possible, but I think this man should now stay in a closed prison for good. He could still have his parole hearings because he's entitled to those and it's not like he's being tortured. He's had his chance to get out and he blew it.

If he was being sentenced now he'd almost certainly get a full-life term.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Fecking monster should be locked up for life, or preferably lynched.
Put him on a wing with some blaggers and they'll find him a bit of rope.

Wilt

Put him on a wing with some blaggers and they'll find him a bit of rope.
Deleted my post as I thought it insufficient. I find it difficult to express my utter hatred for this POS.

But yes let him live in fear for the rest of his miserable life.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Ive said it before and Ill say it again, with a a name like that he was never going to be anything other than a wong un, and a killer. Imagine calling your kid Colin!