College Football 2020/21

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Turn on the tele: there’s an actual football game breaking out in the Big12, complete with punts and field goals.

Or just to watch the next great OU QB throw.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The slo-mo doesn’t actually do it justice. Shades of Andre Woolfolk, and if you caught (heh) that reference then we must be friends.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I mean... we played the other 3 before him. But I guess so.

Georgia Tech deserves it anyway. Damn bobbing up and down Budweiser song singing twats.
and for the war crime that is the flexbone offense. I can live with it at the service academies since they are limited recruiting wise, but if you are in the ACC you should play a grown up offense.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
how the hell was UNC ranked #5? I have not really been following CFB this year cuz work is insane, but #5? The only time the number 5 and UNC football should ever be in the same sentence is when the sentence is: "UNC football was suspended for 5 years due to academic fraud".

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Bama vs UGA tonight

Could be a barn burner. Could be a blowout (by Bama).
It’s always fun to see the odious GA fans spout their ‘next year is our year’ & ‘the refs always beat us’ nonsense. Been listening to the same refrain for 20 years.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It’s always fun to see the odious GA fans spout their ‘next year is our year’ & ‘the refs always beat us’ nonsense. Been listening to the same refrain for 20 years.
While this is true I can’t condone any statement that has even a hint of pro bama. After spending a decade in Birmingham I can confidently say that the only thing more odorous than a Trump fan is a Bama fan. Actually, to be honest they are likely one in the same. Truly a Tide box of deplorables.

Carolina Red

Staff
and for the war crime that is the flexbone offense. I can live with it at the service academies since they are limited recruiting wise, but if you are in the ACC you should play a grown up offense.
They don’t run the flex anymore.

But I’ll fight you over it’s worth as an offense. It’s the system I played in.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
how the hell was UNC ranked #5? I have not really been following CFB this year cuz work is insane, but #5? The only time the number 5 and UNC football should ever be in the same sentence is when the sentence is: "UNC football was suspended for 5 years due to academic fraud".
Ol’ Mack could always recruit, not necessarily always coach.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
They don’t run the flex anymore.

But I’ll fight you over it’s worth as an offense. It’s the system I played in.
I knew that, I was just referring to the Johnson era.

No doubt it can be effective. My gripe is that a college that gave us Megatron and Demaryius Thomas should not be running it. Those Gailey teams were fun to watch.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
While this is true I can’t condone any statement that has even a hint of pro bama. After spending a decade in Birmingham I can confidently say that the only thing more odorous than a Trump fan is a Bama fan. Actually, to be honest they are likely one in the same. Truly a Tide box of deplorables.
Please don’t think that I am giving any props to Bama, definitely not a fan. I am simply commenting on always enjoying schadenfreude when it comes to the typical yearly GA football demise. It usually occurs a bit later in the season in Jacksonville, so hearing their cries earlier than the norm just puts a cherry on top of a quality sports day all around. They’re the Scouse fans of the NCAA, only difference is that Liverpool now win shit.

Georgia hasn’t won anything credible since the advent of the forward pass. Last time they won the NC, their playbook consisted of five plays - three plays for Walker (left, right, center) & two plays for a kicker. A fluke pass to Scott is tried to get passed off as an aerial threat by their fans, but having Buck Belue as your QB1 negates any possibility of having such a threat.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Year after year, the most overrated program in America.
Absolutely. They can recruit rather well, just can’t put it together on the field in crunch times.

But, hey, someone has to be second or third in the SEC East. They take that responsibility seriously.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Please don’t think that I am giving any props to Bama, definitely not a fan. I am simply commenting on always enjoying schadenfreude when it comes to the typical yearly GA football demise. It usually occurs a bit later in the season in Jacksonville, so hearing their cries earlier than the norm just puts a cherry on top of a quality sports day all around. They’re the Scouse fans of the NCAA, only difference is that Liverpool now win shit.

Georgia hasn’t won anything credible since the advent of the forward pass. Last time they won the NC, their playbook consisted of five plays - three plays for Walker (left, right, center) & two plays for a kicker. A fluke pass to Scott is tried to get passed off as an aerial threat by their fans, but having Buck Belue as your QB1 negates any possibility of having such a threat.
No worries man, I definitely agree with you post.

However, I would argue that Bama fans are Liverpool fans, even down to the historic entitlement to winning before Saban (Koop) showed up.