College Football 2020/21

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Can't recall the last time a reigning champion fell down so quickly the following season. Auburn post Cam?
That is the classic example. You could throw another LSU team in there, the Matt Flynn led 2007 champs. At least they were ranked most of the year though.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Agreed, although I suspect they will make an aggressive push for Dabo if Saban leaves.
I don't really see him leaving Clemson, do you? Seems like he is building something there where he can do a Bowden if he wants a legacy, or can go the NFL route if he gets bored. I can't see Alabama being able to pay him that much more.

@Carolina Red, you think he would leave?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I don't really see him leaving Clemson, do you? Seems like he is building something there where he can do a Bowden if he wants a legacy, or can go the NFL route if he gets bored. I can't see Alabama being able to pay him that much more.

Ordinarily I would agree - but Dabo was born and raised near Tuscaloosa and is a Tide football alum, so the pressure to do whatever it takes to get him will be immense.

Carolina Red

Staff

I'm 70/30 on the issue. 70 he stays, 30 he leaves.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.

I can see Dabo leaving. Especially if they win it all and with no Lawrence or Etienne next year. Biggest reason why he might stay besides loyalty and wanting to continue on the success he's built, is cos his sons play for Clemson. Although looks like one of them is a senior.

Hopefully Bama does the right thing and gives the job to Sark or Kiffin :D

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Ordinarily I would agree - but Dabo was born and raised near Tuscaloosa and is a Tide football alum, so the pressure to do whatever it takes to get him will be immense.
Being born there is the only reason anyone should ever willingly move to Tuscaloosa.

I can see Dabo leaving. Especially if they win it all and with no Lawrence or Etienne next year. Biggest reason why he might stay besides loyalty and wanting to continue on the success he's built, is cos his sons play for Clemson. Although looks like one of them is a senior.

Hopefully Bama does the right thing and gives the job to Sark or Kiffin :D
As a USC fan I would love to see those asshats take down the shitstain that is Alabama football.

Last edited:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Dabo to Bama would be lame. I’m trying to think if he did win there, if there’d be any coach that had 2 programs where he was a legend (like getting a statue level)...

Saban himself won a natty at LSU, but he didn’t stick around long. Did Bear win at A&M? Spurrier took uSC (and I think Duke?) to new heights but not to the level he did at Florida.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Can only see Dabo going to Alabama if it's his dream job and returning "home." Because it doesn't build his legacy by taking over a program already winning titles every 2-3 years. Maybe say 5, 10 years down the line if Alabama have fallen down maybe then he'd go rebuild it up. Like Roy Williams to UNC after a few years post Dean Smith.

As for NFL, how does his style fit the pro life? I don't recall him being anything of an offensive or defensive innovator. Maybe more like a Jimmy Johnson type - manage the whole thing while letting the assistants do their job?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Dabo to Bama would be lame. I’m trying to think if he did win there, if there’d be any coach that had 2 programs where he was a legend (like getting a statue level)...

Saban himself won a natty at LSU, but he didn’t stick around long. Did Bear win at A&M? Spurrier took uSC (and I think Duke?) to new heights but not to the level he did at Florida.
you forgot Urban. Yuck.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

Wallace Wade has a statue at Alabama and the stadium named after him at Duke.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
That’s going to be awkward for the committee if they don’t allow tOSU to get a sixth game.

Also, it really shouldn’t count, but it’ll be the first time Meechigan has gone winless at home.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
ESPN was mentioning Ohio State may scramble to find a school with an open weekend and quickly arrange a game for Saturday. Said they must do so by tomorrow (Wednesday) for the conference to approve, though I could see the conference adding additional time. Also saw online fans clamoring for A&M to agree to play, can't see either taking that chance but the network conflicts could also win out there.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Don't think I've ever seen a team rush for over 500 and have two guys over 200 in the same game.
Major ass whoopin'. This is what you get when you hire a guy who has never head coached before. Even more ominously, Bama is the first game on next year's schedule. :nervous:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I know I joked about Helton being the CFB Ole, but this is getting ridiculous. Another last gasp away win while coming from behind. If SC beats Washington in the title game they have to be in the CFP’s, right?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I know I joked about Helton being the CFB Ole, but this is getting ridiculous. Another last gasp away win while coming from behind. If SC beats Washington in the title game they have to be in the CFP’s, right?
Not a chance.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Yah, gotta agree with potatoes here. PAC-12 is especially shitty this year. And we’ve been shitty for a while. No chance an undefeated SC team makes it to the BCS playoffs.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The BigXII champ has a better chance of backdooring their way into the playoffs than USC, even with 2 losses...And those chances are slim to none.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
They're not fancy, but they are my alma mater, so GO BLAZERS!

Every win they get is a giant flaming full member (aka an @calodo2003 ) up Bear Bryant's ass.