College Football 2020/21

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
This is my first time really watching Fields at Ohio St. Played poorly in that 1st half. Not sure what the hype is all about. Nowhere near Lawrence’s level.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
This is my first time really watching Fields at Ohio St. Played poorly in that 1st half. Not sure what the hype is all about. Nowhere near Lawrence’s level.
He had those silly numbers of something like more TDs than incompletions, but against the two teams with a pulse he‘s looked much different. The talking heads that float taking him before Trevor are just trying to be the hip contrarian.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Same for me. He doesn't look anywhere near the level of Wilson, Trask, Jones or Howell let alone Lawrence. Dare I saw a stat compiler against far lesser foes?

Man of Leisure

For the love of god, I hope our new AD takes some of that Jumpman dough and buys out Chip Kelly's contract. We're gonna be 10-21 ever since the sad sack took over. :mad:

Man of Leisure

Not that it matters anymore with them losing today, but Brian Kelly can feck off with his threats of sitting out the playoffs cos the Rose Bowl can't accommodate families attending. Same goes for Dabo.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Of course it’s the OU transfer that wins the day for Ohio State when RB was a position that fecked us early on due to the archaic NCAA suspensions.

I wonder if this wild year will accelerate the big 5‘s secession from the cartel.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
We interupt this scotch for a rant:

Brian Kelly can go do one. I love he claims they deserver to be in the playoffs because they squeaked out that overtime win against Clemson when Clemson was missing half their team. Arrogant piece of shit needs to get the hell out.

Between him, Amy Covid Barret, and that dipshit school president who pretends to be a catholic priest they can (and likely will) all go to hell.

We now return you to your regularly schedule scotch

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
cincinnati / coastal should be #4
I would take Coastal Cincinnati State Tech over ND.

But yeah, I would love to se Cincy's defense go up against Bama or Clemson. Not saying they would win, but they deserve the chance. First they better take care of Toledo though.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Rose Bowl moved to Dallas

Why even call it the Rose Bowl then?m

Edit: had a thought. They should tell Brian Kelly that they made the playoffs. He is in the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.

Man of Leisure

Going for 2 in OT when you’re at home is a fecking embarrassment. Stupid dipshit had a mulligan and still went for 2.

Man of Leisure

UCLA fan?

USC for me, but feckit, both our coaches suck and we are both shells of years past, so commiserations.
My friend, UCLA hasn't been relevant since 1998. Beating you feckers in 2006 is still one of my favorite moments at the Rose Bowl. I hit my knees every day and pray SC never gets rid of Helton. This must be what Liverpool fans think about Ole. :(

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
My friend, UCLA hasn't been relevant since 1998. Beating you feckers in 2006 is still one of my favorite moments at the Rose Bowl. I hit my knees every day and pray SC never gets rid of Helton. This must be what Liverpool fans think about Ole. :(
That 2006 game :mad: . I just looked back because I could not remember anyone from that 2006 UCLA team and I still barely recognize any names. Not that it mattered as we had been Rileyed by OSU earlier in the season. The John David Booty experience never should have happened.

I still hold a place of hatred in my heart for fecking Cade McNown.

Utd and USC are actually really good comps:

1. Both are managed by interim managers that did well enough to get the permanent job.
2. A majority of both fan bases want the coach gone, but he wins just enough and at just the right time to save his job each time.
3. Both are governed by a board that has more interest in money than winning.
4. Both are horrific at recruitment despite having pretty much every advantage,
5. Both are living off past glory and are stuck in the constant loop of being almost back before sliding back down.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
This season overall has been a damp fecking squib. The Michigan game being cancelled was the coal nugget on top.

I’d be fine with this
Same

Rose Bowl moved to Dallas

This is sacrilege... Dallas doesn't have the same feel as SoCal. Rename it to Jerry's World Bowl

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This season overall has been a damp fecking squib. The Michigan game being cancelled was the coal nugget on top.

Same

This is sacrilege... Dallas doesn't have the same feel as SoCal. Rename it to Jerry's World Bowl
Isn't the Cotton Bowl also taking place in Dallas two days earlier ? Strange to say the least, but that's 2020 for you.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The city of Dallas is allowing 50% capacity currently. The BigXII championship sounded like a normal game.
Come for the game, stay for the COVID!

At this point we should just admit that American's in general don't give a flying feck about themselves, let alone other people. Open everything, no masks and invest in body bag companies I say.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Not that they give a damn, but I will be boycotting the CFP this year. The ridiculousness of the ND inclusion (as a pure money grab by the Power 5) is just too much.

Carolina Red

Staff
SEC teams below .500 going bowling:
— 2-8 South Carolina (Gasparilla)
— 4-6 Kentucky (Gator)
— 3-7 Arkansas (Texas)
— 3-6 Tennessee (Liberty)
— 2-7 MissSt (Armed Forces)

Just realized the Armed Forces Bowl is still happening... and they’re matching up 2-7 Miss St with 6-2 Tulsa.

Gee, I wonder what bowl 9-2 Army could have fit in really well in... hmmm

MrMarcello

Not that they give a damn, but I will be boycotting the CFP this year. The ridiculousness of the ND inclusion (as a pure money grab by the Power 5) is just too much.
Who else goes in?
Coastal Carolina? I'd go for that but they'd get smashed by Alabama, total embarrassment most likely.
A&M? Didn't win their division let alone their conference.
ND did beat a top ranked Clemson a few weeks back (a Clemson w/o Lawrence that is). A&M lost to Alabama by an embarrassing margin. Coastal has an impressive win over BYU.

Personally, I felt playoffs should either have been canceled this season or expanded to eight teams.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Who else goes in?
Coastal Carolina? I'd go for that but they'd get smashed by Alabama, total embarrassment most likely.
A&M? Didn't win their division let alone their conference.
ND did beat a top ranked Clemson a few weeks back (a Clemson w/o Lawrence that is). A&M lost to Alabama by an embarrassing margin. Coastal has an impressive win over BYU.

Personally, I felt playoffs should either have been canceled this season or expanded to eight teams.
Cincinnati

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Oh boy...Zach Wilson's stock is going to soar after tonight. 330 yards passing...in the first half.

MrMarcello

So, if you're the Jets and end up at #2, do you draft one of the other QBs? take Sewell to protect Darnold? hold out for a team willing to trade up to #2?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So, if you're the Jets and end up at #2, do you draft one of the other QBs? take Sewell to protect Darnold? hold out for a team willing to trade up to #2?
Darnold is pretty close to being considered a bust imo, so they would take another QB for sure. Also, Sewell sat out the last year, which makes him a bit harder to evaluate in the present.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
They just got their franchise LT last year, so they have a lot of flexibility. They could extract a ransom from somebody randy for the #2 QB and get a top talent in Parsons the LB or JaMarr/Devonta/Pitts to give Sam a make or break chance.