College Football 2020/21

Tiber

I'd love Miami to draft Harris. What a player. Or Smith for that matter.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'd love Miami to draft Harris. What a player. Or Smith for that matter.
They could snag Smith or Chase with the 3rd pick, take an edge rusher at 22, and possibly still get Harris or Etienne in the 2nd round. Unless of course either or both of them play well in the national championship game and end up going in the 1st. I've also seen Sewell (OT) linked with the Fins in the 3rd pick.

Last edited:

Tiber

They could snag Smith or Chase with the 3rd pick, take an edge rusher at 22, and possibly still get Harris or Etienne in the 2nd round. Unless of course either or both of them play well in the national championship game and end up going in the 1st. I've also seen Sewell (OT) linked with the Fins in the 3rd pick.
Yea I've seen the tackle linked as well. Apparently he is very good. But we seem to endlessly draft OL players high. Would be nice to have some real talent at the skill positions for once instead of drafting two first round tackles in a row.

I doubt it happens but Taking a WR and RB in two of our first three picks would be a dream come true - we severely lack talent at both positions. Parker is a good WR, but he isn't really top class and has never been able to stay healthy.

But it's hard to see it. We have defensive HC and very rarely invest in the RB position at all. We usually end up drafting one in the later rounds or adding low level free agents. I get it's a passing league, but I always look at players like Ezekiel Elliott and feel jealous...Jordan Howard isn't quite the same. I figured we would finally invest at RB last year and ended up with a backup corner instead....so not holding my breath for Harris.

As for Smith v Chase? I have no idea which is better, they are both awesome.

Last edited:

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Yea I've seen the tackle linked as well. Apparently he is very good. But we seem to endlessly draft OL players high. Would be nice to have some real talent at the skill positions for once instead of drafting two first round tackles in a row.

I doubt it happens but Taking a WR and RB in two of our first three picks would be a dream come true - we severely lack talent at both positions. Parker is a good WR, but he isn't really top class and has never been able to stay healthy.

But it's hard to see it. We have defensive HC and very rarely invest in the RB position at all. We usually end up drafting one in the later rounds or adding low level free agents. I get it's a passing league, but I always look at players like Ezekiel Elliott and feel jealous...Jordan Howard isn't quite the same. I figured we would finally invest at RB last year and ended up with a backup corner instead....so not holding my breath for Harris.

Elliot has been worse than Pollard the past two years and Miami got good production out of Ahmed and Gaskin this year. No need to waste a high pick on a running back.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

I think the priority for Flores will be to draft players who can support Tua to gain a bit of traction as the starter, so a lineman and WR would probably be at the top of the list. There's plenty of value at RB further down on the draft board - guys like Javonte Williams, Chubba Hubbard, Michael Carter should be available in rounds 3 or so.

Tiber

Elliot has been worse than Pollard the past two years and Miami got good production out of Ahmed and Gaskin this year. No need to waste a high pick on a running back.
We had the least productive running game in the entire NFL until the last two weeks. Not what I would call good production

Tiber

I think the priority for Flores will be to draft players who can support Tua to gain a bit of traction as the starter, so a lineman and WR would probably be at the top of the list. There's plenty of value at RB further down on the draft board - guys like Javonte Williams, Chubba Hubbard, Michael Carter should be available in rounds 3 or so.
We added a whole new line last year, including a first round LT, second round RT and a 10 million dollar per year LG (I'm still a bit iffy on Flowers to be honest. Felt like they panicked and signed him when the Pats tagged Thuney who we had been deep in talks with) and think what Tua really needs is someone to throw the ball to.

But I do agree your idea is very realistic. Would be a bit underwhelming to trade Tunsil (imo close to a hall of fame level talent...his main weakness is a habit for drawing dumb false starts) just to use two first round picks in a row on tackles. But the NFL clearly values tackles and from what I have heard Sewell is a can't miss prospect...even if drafting three tackles in 2 years is a bit unsexy.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
We added a whole new line last year, including a first round LT, second round RT and a 10 million dollar per year LG (I'm still a bit iffy on Flowers to be honest. Felt like they panicked and signed him when the Pats tagged Thuney who we had been deep in talks with) and think what Tua really needs is someone to throw the ball to.

But I do agree your idea is very realistic. Would be a bit underwhelming to trade Tunsil (imo close to a hall of fame level talent...his main weakness is a habit for drawing dumb false starts) just to use two first round picks in a row on tackles. But the NFL clearly values tackles and from what I have heard Sewell is a can't miss prospect...even if drafting three tackles in 2 years is a bit unsexy.
You could trade back and still get one of the best WR or TE talents in recent memory. Or just lockdown LT for the foreseeable future. It’s all gravy.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Clemson needs their safety to come back in the 2nd half. Love how hard Sermon runs. He'll be drafted higher than Etienne and rightly so.

Carolina Red

Staff
Skalski looking down at the ground at impact doomed him there.

That said, even if you’re looking eyes up on target, you’re technically “leading with your helmet”... especially on a tackle between ribs to knee level. And then once you go below the knees, it’s basically impossible to tackle without looking down at the ground.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Skalski looking down at the ground at impact doomed him there.

That said, even if you’re looking eyes up on target, you’re technically “leading with your helmet”... especially on a tackle between ribs to knee level. And then once you go below the knees, it’s basically impossible to tackle without looking down at the ground.
Can't believe it's the 2nd year in a row he's been ejected for targeting. Didn't think he was targeting last year against Jefferson either.

Skalski is one of those guys who you just wanna root for. Looks more like a truck driver than a football player and gets the most outta his god-given ability.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
His running style reminds me of someone... Eddie George with more speed perhaps.
Hmm..maybe. That’s going back for me a ways to really say. Funny thing for a guy breaking a rushing record at Ohio State is he wasn’t considered to be that big of a loss at OU.

That‘s not an indictment on the talent involved, just weird how things work out sometimes.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Don't see that happen often - kickoff bouncing back and the returner almost giving up possession. Fortunate a blocker was watching the ball and alert enough to jump on it.

Carolina Red

Staff
Now, as I said, Skalski looking down doomed him and forced the targeting call...

But to the point of “leading with the helmet”... what hit first when the OSU safety came down hill and hit the Clemson TE there?