College Football 2021/22

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Think this will be life under Sark - annual Texas loss against a lesser/unranked side in September, fail to beat OU, then a late season loss against a side they should defeat in the Big XII. They'll be big off-season talks of "competing for a national title" and "watch out/darkhorse" and annual top ten recruiting classes that just do not pan out for whatever reason. It's practically been that way since Mack Brown arrived in 98 and they only won a title because Vince Young carried them.

MrMarcello

Looks like Sark doesn't draw up special teams plays for last second kick returns. And that #80 trying to leapfrog a tackler was just a sum of the Texas performance today, Sarked.

Carolina Red

Staff
Casey Thompson was 20-34 for 388 and 5 TD / 0 INT, Xavier Worthy had 9 catches for 261 and 2 TD, and Bijan Robinson had 20 carries for 137 and 1 TD…. In a loss.

My god:lol::houllier:

MrMarcello

Casey Thompson was 20-34 for 388 and 5 TD / 0 INT, Xavier Worthy had 9 catches for 261 and 2 TD, and Bijan Robinson had 20 carries for 137 and 1 TD…. In a loss.

My god:lol::houllier:
OU had over 600 yards of offense is a big reason why and letting a frosh torch their defense. Also that early gift from the officials gave them second life and ultimately seven points to keep them in the game. But Texas still managed to blow an 18-point lead and were mostly shut down in the second half. This is typical Texas against OU in the past two decades, they do not make enough plays to win (or get blown out).

Sarked.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Looks like Sark doesn't draw up special teams plays for last second kick returns. And that #80 trying to leapfrog a tackler was just a sum of the Texas performance today, Sarked.
As a USC fan I have one thing to say:

Carolina Red

Staff
OU had over 600 yards of offense is a big reason why and letting a frosh torch their defense. Also that early gift from the officials gave them second life and ultimately seven points to keep them in the game. But Texas still managed to blow an 18-point lead and were mostly shut down in the second half. This is typical Texas against OU in the past two decades, they do not make enough plays to win (or get blown out).

Sarked.
That’s what I’m saying. Their O put up “we should definitely win this” numbers. Their D let them down epically.

Carolina Red

Staff
2 interceptions within 1 minute in the Iowa Penn State game :lol:

Both defenses are great but the QBs are real limited
This sign made my day. Iowa ended Penn State’s run of national titles last year in wrestling and our coaching staff is hard core divided between Iowa and Penn St fans. It led to a good bit of trash talking in the group chat

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This sign made my day. Iowa endes Penn State’s run of national titles last year in wrestling and our coaching staff is hard core divided between Iowa and Penn St fans. It led to a good bit of trash talking in the group chat

Video from the teachers lounge at @Carolina Red 's school:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
This sign made my day. Iowa endes Penn State’s run of national titles last year in wrestling and our coaching staff is hard core divided between Iowa and Penn St fans. It led to a good bit of trash talking in the group chat

Today I found out there's a college wrestling poll :D

Iowa of all places...

Charlie Foley

Looks emptyish. Are the midshipmen behind you or not present?
Midshipman to our left. But by no means a full house.
Our neighbour does parking/stewarding work here and he told us when we got here to tailgate that it wouldn’t be too full.

Carolina Red

Staff
Today I found out there's a college wrestling poll :D

Iowa of all places...
Oh, dude… Iowa, Pennsylvania, and Oklahoma are wrestling Mecca’s. Iowa wrestled Oklahoma State in their football stadium back in 2015 in front of a crowd of over 40,000.

If they did that against Penn State, there would be over 50,000, easy.

Carolina Red

Staff
Man today has had a great slate of close games. Arkansas/Ole Miss went to the wire, so did Texas/Oklahoma, and now Penn State/Iowa

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This sign made my day. Iowa ended Penn State’s run of national titles last year in wrestling and our coaching staff is hard core divided between Iowa and Penn St fans. It led to a good bit of trash talking in the group chat

Gotta love that English curriculum at Iowa.

As I can’t stand the incessant RPO in college football which is harming the game, it’s refreshing to see Iowa rum the ball out of the I with some frequency.

Charlie Foley

SMU ended up winning 31-24. Navy were up 21-7 at one point. SMU’s second TD was pure speed, awesome to see in person. I got talking to an old lady whose husband was class of 56. She was very impressed with the SMU QB for what it’s worth :lol:

Carolina Red

Staff
SMU ended up winning 31-24. Navy were up 21-7 at one point. SMU’s second TD was pure speed, awesome to see in person. I got talking to an old lady whose husband was class of 56. She was very impressed with the SMU QB for what it’s worth :lol:
You meet some really interesting people at military academy games / functions. Always worth giving those people a bit of your time, cause they’ve likely got some cool stories to tell.