g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

College Football 2021/22

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Flutie got a shot in the USFL and with the Rams, Bears, and Patriots in the 80s and failed. Some of that might have been the bias coaching and philosophy and some of that may have been he just was not good at the time and/or for that era. Maturity probably helped him later in his career when he returned to the NFL.

I do not think Frazier or Ward would have succeeded at QB in the league. The ones I think would have faired better in the current era are Gilliam and McPherson. I also think Peete would be better in this era but dozens of QBs likely would. Except Couch, Shuler, and Akili Smith, they would still suck.

Cunningham would dominate today more than he did for a couple seasons with Philly. If I could take Lamar or Vick's legs to build with Cunningham's arm and IQ, wowzah.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Flutie got a shot in the USFL and with the Rams, Bears, and Patriots in the 80s and failed. Some of that might have been the bias coaching and philosophy and some of that may have been he just was not good at the time and/or for that era. Maturity probably helped him later in his career when he returned to the NFL.

I do not think Frazier or Ward would have succeeded at QB in the league. The ones I think would have faired better in the current era are Gilliam and McPherson. I also think Peete would be better in this era but dozens of QBs likely would. Except Couch, Shuler, and Akili Smith, they would still suck.

Cunningham would dominate today more than he did for a couple seasons with Philly. If I could take Lamar or Vick's legs to build with Cunningham's arm and IQ, wowzah.
Agree with Frazier, Ward could have hacked it okay. But this is coming from an FEU alum.

Also agree on the Cunningham upstairs / Vick downstairs hybrid, that would be a devastating QB.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I don’t know if he’s 1.01 in rookie fantasy drafts, but Breece Hall will be a very good pro. Gotta love a RB that can make one-handed catches.

MrMarcello

Sparty should be dropped from the Top 25 after this sham showing.

Upset alert in Norman.

Texas getting Sarked again in hick town WV.

Clemson found their offense today, though perhaps Wake is that shit defensively.

MrMarcello

I cannot recall seeing a top 10 side look so clueless in pass coverage as Sparty did yesterday. They might want to hold off on that $100m contract offer to Tucker.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Kind of wild that Olave could have been drafted fairly early last year, but when he came back he’s the 3rd best WR on his own team.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Not even gonna give him a chance against a horrible FSU…

e - Dammit, Raoul.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I’m hearing Kiffin or Stoops (Bob that is)
I think that ship sailed a couple decades ago for Bobby, when he supposedly had a secret clause for an out in his contract to succeed Spurrier.

Though if he ever did come back, Florida is probably the job he’d consider aside from maybe something like Ohio State or his alma mater Iowa.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Michigan going to win the natty

MrMarcello

I didn't realize OU fans stormed the Cotton Bowl after beating Texas, who they often do beat and were favored.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-eyes-why-rushing-field-rise-college-football

'You can see it in their eyes': Why rushing the field is on the rise in college football

--There's no official data that shows historic numbers of field-stormings, but ask pretty much anyone around the sport: This season the phenomenon seems to be way more commonplace. FiveThirtyEight took a shot at placing some figures to the trend, turning up 27 such instances thus far this season at the FBS level, more than in 2019 (14) and 2018 (10) combined. With rivalry week upon us, those numbers could easily grow. --

--Those factors have combined to create what at least seems to be a lower bar for rushing the field.

Fans of a previously winless UMass team rushed the field after the Minutemen beat a winless UConn team. TCU fans hopped the wall and celebrated a sixth win over Baylor in seven years. Colorado fans celebrated their second win of the season, over Oregon State, at the middle of Folsom Field. Kansas fans stormed the field after beating an FCS team, South Dakota, by three points. Last weekend, Cal fans celebrated on Stanford's field after a 41-11 win over the 3-7 Cardinal in the Big Game. --

--The rush of rushings even led FiveThirtyEight's Josh Planos to create a metric to measure when it is and isn't appropriate to celebrate with thousands at the 50-yard line. It's called "What're You Doing (On That Field)," or WYD for short.

In Planos' ratings, which include factors like rankings, kickoff times, rivalry impact and walk-off scores, Texas A&M's upset of No. 1 Alabama tops the charts, followed by Appalachian State's win over Coastal Carolina and NC State's win over Clemson. Coming in last? That UMass scene, followed by Arizona's win over Cal and Memphis beating Mississippi State.

"You know, 15 years ago, storming the field was reserved for something pretty special," Gonzalez said. "It doesn't seem like there's as much rhyme or reason outside of the influence and the attention that people are trying to get from it. And it's not just temporary attention and talking about it that one night. Now you can document it via social media." --

MrMarcello

Hoping to see Michigan knock off Ohio State today and then perhaps Auburn surprises Alabama though doubtful. Perhaps Georgia finally decides to not choke against Alabama and Cincinnati defeats Houston thus thrusting Notre Dame (assuming they handle Stanford) into the playoff. Surely a one-loss ND gets in over a two-loss Alabama.

Would be the weakest final four under the current format but great to see schools in there playing for an elusive title. Georgia last natty came in like 1980, Notre Dame in 1988, Michigan in 1997, and Cincinnati never that I know of.

But, per say Michigan/Ohio State were stunned by Iowa/Wisconsin in the conference championship would likely open the door for the Oklahoma/OkState winner. Iowa needs a Wisconsin loss at Minnesota to secure the division win. Or per say Houston knocks off Cincinnati.

A few upsets in the next 6-8 days could alter the playoff and might see a two-loss Alabama sneak in, unless say a two-loss Iowa, as Big Ten(Plus Four) winners, got in over say a higher ranked Michigan/Ohio State two-loss side.

The likes of Houston (first week vs Texas Tech) and San Diego State (in October vs Fresno) must be kicking themselves for the single loss. And of course Oklahoma's sad loss at Iowa State and Ok State losing at Baylor, granted a ranked side on the road.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Hoping to see Michigan knock off Ohio State today and then perhaps Auburn surprises Alabama though doubtful. Perhaps Georgia finally decides to not choke against Alabama and Cincinnati defeats Houston thus thrusting Notre Dame (assuming they handle Stanford) into the playoff. Surely a one-loss ND gets in over a two-loss Alabama.

Would be the weakest final four under the current format but great to see schools in there playing for an elusive title. Georgia last natty came in like 1980, Notre Dame in 1988, Michigan in 1997, and Cincinnati never that I know of.

But, per say Michigan/Ohio State were stunned by Iowa/Wisconsin in the conference championship would likely open the door for the Oklahoma/OkState winner. Iowa needs a Wisconsin loss at Minnesota to secure the division win. Or per say Houston knocks off Cincinnati.

A few upsets in the next 6-8 days could alter the playoff and might see a two-loss Alabama sneak in, unless say a two-loss Iowa, as Big Ten(Plus Four) winners, got in over say a higher ranked Michigan/Ohio State two-loss side.

The likes of Houston (first week vs Texas Tech) and San Diego State (in October vs Fresno) must be kicking themselves for the single loss. And of course Oklahoma's sad loss at Iowa State and Ok State losing at Baylor, granted a ranked side on the road.
It would be refreshing to see Michigan make it in. If Cincinati beat Houston they should make it in, even if Notre Dame beat Stanford.

I could deal with UGA, Bama, Michigan, and Cincinnati

MrMarcello

Got a bit pumped up today knowing ProSieben Maxx will carry a college game at 1800 local time to Ramstein, and all hyped I will get to see Michigan/Ohio State.

Nope. They are showing the fecking Florida/Florida State shit show.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Got a bit pumped up today knowing ProSieben Maxx will carry a college game at 1800 local time to Ramstein, and all hyped I will get to see Michigan/Ohio State.

Nope. They are showing the fecking Florida/Florida State shit show.
I’m sorry that you are subjected to our shit.

How long you in Germany for?